What should BJMDDS call Bond 24

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: What should BJMDDS call Bond 24

Post by Veronica »

Bond movies at the very least were always entertaining. Some of them had really great plots and some smart and witty dialogue. The others were not so good but you could go along and laugh on some silly stuff. Bond movies were never meant to be art. They never had much depth or subtext.However I loved how in GoldenEye they actually analysed Bonds character( I love how TWINE tried but of course the nuclear scientist in a tank top came along). The closest I think Bond movies ever came to a masterpiece is with FRWL.Why? The other half of the movie is on a train. There are no grand locations but the movie still holds your attention 100%. Only Hitchcock could do something like that but Young did d**n well. And of course the title of the movie is pure brilliance. These Craig movies are neither art or entertainment. They are overhyped stuff with a great PR. THAT IS IT.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:Bond movies at the very least were always entertaining. Some of them had really great plots and some smart and witty dialogue. The others were not so good but you could go along and laugh on some silly stuff. Bond movies were never meant to be art. They never had much depth or subtext.However I loved how in GoldenEye they actually analysed Bonds character( I love how TWINE tried but of course the nuclear scientist in a tank top came along). The closest I think Bond movies ever came to a masterpiece is with FRWL.Why? The other half of the movie is on a train. There are no grand locations but the movie still holds your attention 100%. Only Hitchcock could do something like that but Young did d**n well. And of course the title of the movie is pure brilliance. These Craig movies are neither art or entertainment. They are overhyped stuff with a great PR. THAT IS IT.
:up:
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Yeah, there's one to grow on.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Barry Niven wrote:Yeah, there's one to grow on.
OK, Baz, adding to ml94's endless repetition with your own repetition really isn't helping. And ml94, I know that English is not your first language, but please try to contribute something more than one-liners and smilies. Nobody here will mind if you make a mistake, honestly.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Barry Niven wrote:Yeah, there's one to grow on.
OK, Baz, adding to ml94's endless repetition with your own repetition really isn't helping. And ml94, I know that English is not your first language, but please try to contribute something more than one-liners and smilies. Nobody here will mind if you make a mistake, honestly.
I second this. That way we could have more discussion. :up: