John Logan To Write Next Two James Bond Films

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
Goldeneye
Site Admin

John Logan To Write Next Two James Bond Films

Post by Goldeneye »

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/gladiat ... ond-films/
the franchise’s producers have quietly made a deal with John Logan to write not one but two 007 films. I’m told that Logan pitched an original two-movie arc to Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson while they were shooting Skyfall, and that he has already begun writing the scripts. If plans work out, this would be the first Bond film with a storyline to be played out over multiple films, and it certainly makes it feasible that the pictures could be shot back-to-back. (I might be getting ahead of myself here, but anyone named Fleming has to be permitted to froth over James Bond films.)
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Re: John Logan To Write Next Two James Bond Films

Post by Goldeneye »

Mendes has said Skyfall will probably be his only venture into 007 territory.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

One place says Sony hasn't confirmed. I give it till monday.
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Great. Anything that was left of Bond in the rebooted franchise was down to Purvis and Wade. With them gone, the Craig films will be even more unrecognisable as Bond films.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Goldeneye wrote:http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/gladiat ... ond-films/
the franchise’s producers have quietly made a deal with John Logan to write not one but two 007 films. I’m told that Logan pitched an original two-movie arc to Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson while they were shooting Skyfall, and that he has already begun writing the scripts. If plans work out, this would be the first Bond film with a storyline to be played out over multiple films, and it certainly makes it feasible that the pictures could be shot back-to-back. (I might be getting ahead of myself here, but anyone named Fleming has to be permitted to froth over James Bond films.)
Deadline was the first to report, back in 2010, that Mendes was involved with what would become Skyfall. It has a pretty good accuracy record for its scoops.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

I'm about as excited as paint drying on a wall (omg paint brb this is truly incredible stuff :roll: ).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/gladiat ... ond-films/
Deadline was the first to report, back in 2010, that Mendes was involved with what would become Skyfall. It has a pretty good accuracy record for its scoops.
John logan man he is mixed bad sometime he does a good job others it complete crap. Look at list of his movies but these guys like to bring back the same talent they last worked with but here the catch its last worked with and someone they thought gave them an edge, the guy who rewrote CR and QOS but they never let him have at it from begin to end I foresee some problems with writer who is not well versed in Bond.

I think David Arnold, Pervis and Wade have just let themselves be written out of a job.

I don't think these guy were a problem but I'd still like to see the first draft of CR done for Brosnan
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

October 25th the Bond producers are not ready to move on Bond 24. October 27th they hired a new writer months ago?

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/skyfall ... ng-skyfall

Have any preparations been made for Bond 24 yet?

Broccoli: No, no.

How long a space do you think you’ll need?

Wilson: If we’re rapid it’ll be two years, if we’re not it’ll be three. It’ll be in that time period.

Have you engaged [writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade] yet?

Broccoli: We haven’t done too much about doing deals over the next film, because we’ve literally just finished this film last week. It’s that close. So I think we just want to open this one, have a bit of a break and get on with the next one.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Goldeneye wrote:October 25th the Bond producers are not ready to move on Bond 24. October 27th they hired a new writer months ago?

Wilson: If we’re rapid it’ll be two years, if we’re not it’ll be three. It’ll be in that time period.

Broccoli: We haven’t done too much about doing deals over the next film, because we’ve literally just finished this film last week. It’s that close. So I think we just want to open this one, have a bit of a break and get on with the next one.
If Logan has signed on for 2 more, and work has already been done with a new script, obviously Babs doesn't want this being announced. What they are saying in public, and what they are doing behind closed doors looks like two different things.

Usual BS EON secrecy......totally unnecessary IMO. :spy:
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

The Sweeney wrote:
Goldeneye wrote:October 25th the Bond producers are not ready to move on Bond 24. October 27th they hired a new writer months ago?

If Logan has signed on for 2 more, and work has already been done with a new script, obviously Babs doesn't want this being announced. What they are saying in public, and what they are doing behind closed doors looks like two different things.

Similar thing during Skyfall. BB and DC asked about Ben Whishaw. DC proclaims "all agents are liars," while BB says "nothing has been announced." Around the same time, Mendes gives an interview, confirms Whishaw and says it was his idea. Not is it totally unnecessary, they aren't always very good at keeping the secret.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:

Similar thing during Skyfall. BB and DC asked about Ben Whishaw. DC proclaims "all agents are liars," while BB says "nothing has been announced." Around the same time, Mendes gives an interview, confirms Whishaw and says it was his idea. Not is it totally unnecessary, they aren't always very good at keeping the secret.
It gets worse Craig says there is not a two part movie planned, so does that mean he is lying, or whoever said Logan had the job is lying , or they are just lying about the two part deal. F'ing eon is so messed up, I'm like dues pick A strategy and stick with it. Right now its like too many cooks in the kitchen nobody knows whats going on.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

They better not even think about Contessa Teresa di Vicenzo.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Kristatos wrote:Great. Anything that was left of Bond in the rebooted franchise was down to Purvis and Wade. With them gone, the Craig films will be even more unrecognizable as Bond films.
On the contrary, SKYFALL is probably the most Bondian of the three films by Craig. I'd say with Logan brought in and Purvis & Wade gone, Bond has gained more than he's lost. Besides, Purvis & Wade only did two Brosnan films before the reboot, so having them depart isn't a loss that's big like Richard Maibaum. :lol:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

They should have replaced Purvis & Wade after Die Another Day instead of doing a reboot. Better to try and get different writers in order to make certain improvements, instead of changing the whole formula of the series.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

To update this thread, the denials were still in effect until mid-November. That's when Gary Barber, the CEO of MGM, said Logan had, indeed, been hired to write the next two Bond films. Logan, subsequently, has acknowledged this.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:To update this thread, the denials were still in effect until mid-November. That's when Gary Barber, the CEO of MGM, said Logan had, indeed, been hired to write the next two Bond films. Logan, subsequently, has acknowledged this.
It funny how it goes with Bond official word it's almost never trustworthy. The thing up in the air is the story about them doing Bond back to back when Craig was asked Craig said was the first he heard of it and almost impossible to do.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Omega wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:To update this thread, the denials were still in effect until mid-November. That's when Gary Barber, the CEO of MGM, said Logan had, indeed, been hired to write the next two Bond films. Logan, subsequently, has acknowledged this.
It funny how it goes with Bond official word it's almost never trustworthy. The thing up in the air is the story about them doing Bond back to back when Craig was asked Craig said was the first he heard of it and almost impossible to do.
They've done this enough times (denying Logan was writing Bond 24 and 25, denying Whishaw had been cast as Q, denying Eve was Moneypenny, denying there had been any changes to the budget while sending only the second unit to China) it's hard to take a denial seriously. It gets more glaring when comparing comments made during productions of different film (Quantum had a great script in '08, Daniel Craig says he and Forster had to write the script on the fly and there was only the barest bones of a script).
fpost230
New Recruit

Post by fpost230 »

http://www.vceexams.net/
fpost230
New Recruit

Post by fpost230 »

One place says Sony hasn't confirmed. I give it till monday.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I believe this was confirmed back in 2013. Spectre is the first of Logan's scripts, for which they had to beg P&W to come back to "polish".
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer