Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Bond 24 Rumour thread

Post by Blowfeld »

Might as well start this now it's going to grow in to its own forum eventually.

Remember this is the start of the new silly season. Take any of this with a trolley of salt.
Despite the fact that Skyfallis yet to open in cinemas, talk is already turning towards further instalments in the long-running James Bond movie franchise and - following the recent confirmation that Daniel Craig has signed on to reprise the role of 007 for at least two more adventures - it's now been reported that British actor Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) is being lined up as the next Bond villain for the super-spy's 24th official adventure.

"Benedict is considered perfect Bond villain material," reports The Daily Express. "Work on the next film will begin next year and the plan is for Benedict to be on board. He grew up watching Bond, so it would be a childhood ambition fulfilled. Playing a Bond villain is one of the plum roles in film history and he'd jump at the chance."
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Bond 24 Rumour thread

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, get off the Bond express now :!: :roll:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

It's time to condemn the Bond franchise.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Remember this is some muckrakers starting early on speculation. Do not give it much credence, a lot of time and bridges to cross before Bond 24 is a glint in anybodies eye.

Back in 2006 they were supposedly filming the opening to Bond 22 while wrapping up CR because they were so supremely confident. Vesper was supposed to be back in some fashion in Bond 22 as well (there was also supposed to be a B22 script ready to go). None of this happened. Remember the rumours around the time DAD was beginning its decent into the theatres and hitting home video.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Daily Express has suffered some sort of collective nervous breakdown in the last couple of years. It was once Bond's paper (though I suspect that was because it featured the James Bond newspaper strip, so making him an Express reader was mearly a bit of cross-promotion from Fleming), but now it seems to be mutating into the newspaper equivalent of those people you used to see in old cartoons with a sandwich board reading "THE END IS NIGH", developing a bizarre obsession with predicting apocalyptic natural disasters that never actually come to pass. I'm not sure why they think endless screaming headlines about killer Arctic blasts on the way is going to sell newspapers, especially when they keep doing it and no such blasts materialise (they did it three times last year, and we actually had one of the mildest winters on record).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

‘Skyfall’ director likely to return for ‘James Bond 24′

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/skyfall-director-likely-return-james-bond-24-190018768.html
Baz Bamigboye in the UK Daily Mail Online reports that sources connected to the project says Sam Mendes, the director of "Skyfall," is "75 percent" certain to sign on for the movie with the working title "James Bond 24."

Mendes, the British-born director whose other credits include "American Beauty," "The Road to Perdition," and "Revolutionary Road," had reportedly been courted by Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson, the producers of the Bond series, for some time before he agreed to direct "Skyfall." Given the film's success, Broccoli and Wilson were eager to have Mendes back. But Mendes is said to have balked at a plan that would have shot the next two Bond pictures in tandem, tying him to a production schedule that could stretch out to four years.

Now word has it that plan has been scrapped, and instead screenwriter John Logan is penning two individual movies that will stand on their own. With these changes in place, talks with Mendes are said to be much improved, and the odds are good he'll be back to see to it those martinis are shaken, not stirred.

It is also assumed Daniel Craig will be back as 007, and as positioned in "Skyfall," Ralph Finnes will be the new M, Ben Whishaw will return as Q, and Naomie Harris will be the significantly sexier new Miss Moneypenny. As for Mendes, before he begins work on "James Bond 24," he'll be keeping busy with stage work, directing a production of Shakespeare's "King Lear" at the British National Theater and a new musical adaptation of "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory."
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

George......now is the time to give us the Star Wars sequels. We could really use some escape from EON's EVIL Empire.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Bond 24 will again be an artsy and pretentious film, with absurdly long landscape shots, and lots of chatter in dimly lit rooms. I can sort of imagine Craig's Bond in a Scarlett O'Hara-esque sequence where he says "As God as my witness, I'll never be campy again."
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

But will it surpass Skyfall's gross?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Two separate films means only one for Mendes most likely so DC will have another director to work with in Bond 25. It has already gone from a 2 parter to 2 stand alone films. This probably means at least 5 more years with DC as Bond, through 2018. In 2019, the new Bond will be chosen at this rate unless Broccoli keeps him into the 22nd century as a vampire Bond. :down: FBF, are you set for the return of Khan if he shows up? Iron Man III? The Man Of Steel? The Lone Ranger?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I rather see Khan in disguise than DC's Bond. With the Bat done, Iron Man is now James Bond. Reboots are overused, but Man of Steel is an exception. You said watch westerns so The Lone Ranger is what we need. Aside from that, we need this:

http://movies.broadwayworld.com/article ... T-20130211
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What kind of box office reception will Pierce get back in an action flick? The critics will most definitely compare his performance to those of Bond. Who ever thought DC would do more Bond films than Pierce? :roll: :shock: It boggles the mind of how pliable the psyches are of Broccoli's minions. FBF, how many times will you see Pierce's flick when it is released? I don't think The Man Of Steele will break the $100 million mark opening weekend here. I think $65 million is more like it. What say yee?
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Who ever thought DC would do more Bond films than Pierce?
One of the reasons why the 7th Bond should be a played by WWE wrestlers or any other direct opposites of the classic Bond.
FBF, how many times will you see Pierce's flick when it is released?
I saw Die Another Day, Mamma Mia, Percy Jackson, and The Ghost Writer in theaters. Each of them once. I was going to see I Don't Know How She Does It until those bad reviews. I know he's proving himself as versatile actor, and I would be too if I was in his situation. But still, I don't why he was placed in it.
I don't think The Man Of Steele will break the $100 million mark opening weekend here. I think $65 million is more like it. What say yee?
I would say somewhere around $80-$100 million.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

old rumor about mendes. And the two movie back to back was debunked before spyfall came out.
............ :007:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Ben Whishaw has hinted 2014 filming for the new Bond movie

Post by Goldeneye »

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/1 ... ng-In-2014
The British star, who played super-tech Q in ‘Skyfall’ opposite Daniel Craig, has claimed that the crew are reuniting in 10 months to start on the new 24th instalment of the 007 franchise, according to Entertainmentwise.

Ben Whishaw at the Cloud Atlas gala last night (Wenn)

Ben, who was at the gala screening of his new movie Cloud Atlas last night, sort of let slip that the Bond crew were reassembling in less than a year while talking about whether he had been liaising with Daniel Craig.

“No I haven’t spoken to him,” Ben said. “We know that we’ll probably be back together in about 10 months or something. Let’s hope so!”

Just last week it emerged that Sam Mendes was “75 per cent sure” that he would be at the helm of the next Bond movie, and Ben insisted that he wanted to see the director’s return while admitting that he wants Q to have a bigger role in the next film.

At the London event, which was hosted at Curzon Mayfair Cinema last night, he said: "I hope he does [return]! I really hope so. I would just like Q to just be in it more!"
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Let's hope they make another quickly as everytime Craig makes a Bond movie after a long break it's deemed a masterpiece.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

The bookies are now saying Guy Ritchie is favourite for Bond 24...... :shock:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/u-k-bookie ... 00905.html
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Sweeney wrote:The bookies are now saying Guy Ritchie is favourite for Bond 24...... :shock:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/u-k-bookie ... 00905.html
Someplace else was say whatshername married to Craig wants to be the Bond girl. Both I think are bad ideas except guy Ritchie has been making bond films in the guise of Sherlock Holmes so maybe he could work.....but IMO he's got the wrong style for bond. Unless Jason statham takes the role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Bookies in the past have not been great predictors of movie news. I wouldn't read too much into this.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

MGM executives say they hope a new director will be announced soon, development on the script continues and they hope Bond 24 will be a three year turn around.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming