Bond 24 Rumour thread

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Bond 24 Rumour thread

Post by bjmdds »

2015 then? That means 2018 for Cr-egg's last and 2021 for the 7th 007............just great.............8 year wait unless Eon keeps DC as long as they did Moore at age 58, so we might have DC until 2026 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

2015-2016 is ten years of him in the job he may not feel like waiting for another three years to move on in his life. Three years is too long in my mind, Craig looked ancient after four, three more he make sir Rodger look young.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

There are some that probably wouldn't mind Craig making Bond films for eternity. What irritates me is when I see people suggesting that certain classic Bond films should be remade with Craig. Dear God no. Just no.

If Brosnan was considered as looking too old in Die Another Day at the age of 49, then I certainly can't see Craig continuing the role well into his 50's. After 28 years, people are still moaning and complaining about Roger Moore being too old for Bond, but when it comes to Craig, it's no problem. The excuse will simply be that Craig is physically fit. :roll:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Saint 007 wrote: If Brosnan was considered as looking too old in Die Another Day at the age of 49, then I certainly can't see Craig continuing the role well into his 50's. After 28 years, people are still moaning and complaining about Roger Moore being too old for Bond, but when it comes to Craig, it's no problem. The excuse will simply be that Craig is physically fit. :roll:
The excuse I see from the Craigskis is that at least Skyfall acknowledged that he is aging, while the later Moore films presented it as perfectly natural that a Charlie's Angel would fall for a guy who was on the verge of collecting his free bus pass. NSNA had hints of that too, but apparently they dialled it back a bit, because they thought that audiences wouldn't want a James Bond who was worried about his back giving out while boinking a swimwear model.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Kristatos wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote: If Brosnan was considered as looking too old in Die Another Day at the age of 49, then I certainly can't see Craig continuing the role well into his 50's. After 28 years, people are still moaning and complaining about Roger Moore being too old for Bond, but when it comes to Craig, it's no problem. The excuse will simply be that Craig is physically fit. :roll:
The excuse I see from the Craigskis is that at least Skyfall acknowledged that he is aging, while the later Moore films presented it as perfectly natural that a Charlie's Angel would fall for a guy who was on the verge of collecting his free bus pass. NSNA had hints of that too, but apparently they dialled it back a bit, because they thought that audiences wouldn't want a James Bond who was worried about his back giving out while boinking a swimwear model.
I guess years ago they just wanted to focus on the adventure/escapist aspect instead of Bond moping around like "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing." I wonder if they're going to continue the aging Bond theme with Craig's films. It seems kind of strange that he was portraying a rookie Bond not long ago, and now he's an aging Bond.
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Unfortunately, continuing the "aging theme" with the Craig-Bond films will probably be more likely as it affords them an excuse for his "Bond" to brood and mope about his own mortality and the inevitability of his deterioration and blah blah blah. And all this time I thought it was about wish-fulfillment escapism and adventure. I didn't care that Roger Moore was always "too old" when I first started seeing the Bond films as a kid, because Bond's being older than me always made him a role model to look up to in the sense that the character projected reassurance, old-school chivalry, dedication, professionalism, and self-deprecating wit that I badly needed in those really dark days. And once I tuned into the old Sean Connery films, I now had bad-ass, super-cool, babe-magnet to add to the list of things to aspire to, if not necessarily achieve. Still, I think I turned out OK.

And what do today's audiences have to look up to? A blundering, self-serving, broken-down, bullying, charmless, mindless, roid-raging, pouty thug. If that's what the massive modern moviegoing audience regards as a "hero", then I weep for the fate of the human race.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Barry Niven wrote:Unfortunately, continuing the "aging theme" with the Craig-Bond films will probably be more likely as it affords them an excuse for his "Bond" to brood and mope about his own mortality and the inevitability of his deterioration and blah blah blah. And all this time I thought it was about wish-fulfillment escapism and adventure. I didn't care that Roger Moore was always "too old" when I first started seeing the Bond films as a kid, because Bond's being older than me always made him a role model to look up to in the sense that the character projected reassurance, old-school chivalry, dedication, professionalism, and self-deprecating wit that I badly needed in those really dark days. And once I tuned into the old Sean Connery films, I now had bad-ass, super-cool, babe-magnet to add to the list of things to aspire to, if not necessarily achieve. Still, I think I turned out OK.

And what do today's audiences have to look up to? A blundering, self-serving, broken-down, bullying, charmless, mindless, roid-raging, pouty thug. If that's what the massive modern moviegoing audience regards as a "hero", then I weep for the fate of the human race.
This. Just this.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

I agree with Barry Niven as well. I came across a review of A View To A Kill on a blog the other day, where the reviewer said even though Moore was a little too old for the role by then, he still had charm and humour. With Connery and Moore, the formula was more adventurous, and their Bond portrayals were charming, charismatic, light-hearted, dedicated and determined. Overall, I just found them more entertaining even in their later years. But I don't think I could tolerate Craig moping around like Eeyore in his artsy Bond films for God knows how many more years. I was already tired of Craig after Quantum Of Solace.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Craig just turned 45 so if the next film takes 3 years to be released he'll be nearly the same age Brosnan was in DAD by then. If Babs wanted him to keep on going after that they would then have to make Bond films with a fiftysomething actor as their lead. I might be wrong but I can't see him doing many more.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

If Craig keeps it up he'll play Bond getting a sprain while chasing a bad guy. Maybe a product placement for bufferin when the weather moves in and he can't pull the trigger :007:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:2015 then? That means 2018 for Cr-egg's last and 2021 for the 7th 007............just great.............8 year wait unless Eon keeps DC as long as they did Moore at age 58, so we might have DC until 2026 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Who gives a d**n about Bond anymore? The general public has made its choice of selling its soul to a DC Bond so bring in Sheamus or Wade Barrett as Bond for all I care. Bond is not for us anymore. It's all about us feeding those minions with "Anything Goes Free For All."
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Filming on new Bond film has began, first still revealed...

Ok, so that's more wishful thinking than rumour. But the future of Bond is bleak and I need something to hope for.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Craig will be retired and forced to do one last mission, or he will get married and have his wife die.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Craig will be retired and forced to do one last mission, or he will get married and have his wife die.
I've always dreaded and half-expected Barbara, Craig and their luvvie cohorts to eventually drift towards that OHMSS arc and have DC's "Bond" married, wife killed, mope, get revenge etc, etc but that would take more than one film and time must be running down on Craig now given his age and the huge gaps between his films.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

I've an idea. Craig is a heroin addict or alcoholic in the next one. That would be wonderful entertainment for his intellectual fans.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

According to Craig, he wants "some of the old irony back". Yeah, right. John Logan writing, Sam Mendes directing, Barbara Broccoli producing, they expect me to believe that? I'd believe that when Martians attack the earth.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

This comedy article called "Daniel Craig 2006-2026" was written for alternative007 in 2006:

http://www.alternative007.co.uk/25.htm

It now looks as if Craig will make a Bond movie in 2026. :shock: :shock:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:This comedy article called "Daniel Craig 2006-2026" was written for alternative007 in 2006:

http://www.alternative007.co.uk/25.htm

It now looks as if Craig will make a Bond movie in 2026. :shock: :shock:
That article is ridiculous! Craig having a hand in the screenplay of his second Bond film? :wink: