Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: POLL: TSWLM vs. Moonraker

Post by Blowfeld »

Spy Who Loved Me

For me it's one I can put on when a day has gone poorly and enjoy.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

I voted for The Spy Who Loved Me. Both are fun and entertaining Bond adventures with great action/stunts, villains, locations, set pieces, etc. But I still like The Spy Who Loved Me a little more than Moonraker. It's the film Roger Moore really got into the role of Bond, plus it has the cool Lotus Esprit.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I need to watch both of these seen bit of them on tv all the time but never sat down to them watch them to the end.
............ :007:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Both of them are spectacular! Can't really decide.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Omega wrote:I need to watch both of these seen bit of them on tv all the time but never sat down to them watch them to the end.
You have never seen them all the way through? Disgraceful. :twisted:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

TSWLM, it's not even close for me. MR is still my least favourite non-Craig Bond movie, even if the self-importance of the Craig era has caused me to look more kindly upon its unselfconscious cheesiness, while TSWLM is one of my favourites.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

I voted Moonraker.

Spy is no doubt a very cool and lavish looking Bond film, but the cast is better in MR and Barry's score is one of his best.

There is also not much excitement toward the end in Spy after the big battle in the tanker. Bond just gives new coordinates to the submarines, goes to Atlantis to pick up Anya, shoots Stromberg and then there is a rather silly fight with Jaws.

In MR, and also in the earlier Gilbert-film YOLT, there is a more urgent race against the clock to stop a big disaster, the nerve gas containers from entering earth's atmosphere in MR and the outbreak of WW3 in YOLT.

I can understand if some fans don't like the over the top humour in MR though. Btw, weren't someone going to make a fan version of MR with the cheesy bits edited out, what became of that?
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Count_Lippe wrote:I voted Moonraker.

Spy is no doubt a very cool and lavish looking Bond film, but the cast is better in MR and Barry's score is one of his best.

There is also not much excitement toward the end in Spy after the big battle in the tanker. Bond just gives new coordinates to the submarines, goes to Atlantis to pick up Anya, shoots Stromberg and then there is a rather silly fight with Jaws.

In MR, and also in the earlier Gilbert-film YOLT, there is a more urgent race against the clock to stop a big disaster, the nerve gas containers from entering earth's atmosphere in MR and the outbreak of WW3 in YOLT.

I can understand if some fans don't like the over the top humour in MR though. Btw, weren't someone going to make a fan version of MR with the cheesy bits edited out, what became of that?
We're on the same page, Count Lippe.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

John P. Drake wrote: We're on the same page, Count Lippe.
Nice to hear John.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

POLL: TSWLM vs. Moonraker

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Omega wrote:I need to watch both of these seen bit of them on tv all the time but never sat down to them watch them to the end.
You have never seen them all the way through? Disgraceful. :twisted:
i look forward to the court martial ;)

I own the movies on blu-ray, all of the classic series. I just haven't sat down to watch Them all . I do know the movies but for my experience Bond began with dalton so the Moore and Connery era were things I put on the tv when they came on not paying full attention to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

In MR 007 uses probably the best special equipped watch ever.

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Count_Lippe wrote:In MR 007 uses probably the best special equipped watch ever.

Splendid images, Count Lippe. Makes me want to watch the movie again!!
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

When seeing those images, I can't help but think of the aztec mission in GoldenEye 64. The game also featured the 007 camera that Bond used in Moonraker too.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

The Saint 007 wrote:When seeing those images, I can't help but think of the aztec mission in GoldenEye 64. The game also featured the 007 camera that Bond used in Moonraker too.
That exactly makes two of us, Saint007! :D Explains my being a gamer and addicted to that game. LOL!
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

TSWLM hands down. For my money this one belongs in top 5 most important Bond films ever and best ones as well. It shined on the box office after the poorly recieved TMWTGG... TSWLM is a stample of the Moore era. It might as well be the most iconic Bond movie after Goldfinger.