50%

Total votes: 4

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

When will NTTD be released?

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

When will NTTD be released?

Will everyone be back in the cinemas in November?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: When will NTTD be released?

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:When will NTTD be released?

Will everyone be back in the cinemas in November?
There’s one rumor that EON is considering moving it to next year, when hopefully BO is back to normal. Makes sense when they pour $400-500 million into making it.
Some places say they don’t think movie theaters will be back until September/October and some really big movies are being moved to the end of the years also hurting NTTD

Also there is a theater chain (amc?) who are boycotting universal who is distributing internationally because universal did a direct to digital release of the new trolls movie, it was successful and universal talked about many doing more day or theatre releases.

To top it all off there is another rumor that tests screening in March didn’t do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I voted VOD, simply because I have my doubts that cinemas, already in decline, will ever recover from this pandemic.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Vod might have a bigger say in who buys MGM,
also mgm owns more bond rights than danjaq, eon is just a production company the rights are owned by danjaq which mgm owns half along with the rights to CR and thunderball, technically speaking if mgm or new owners wanted they could make a bond series out side of eons production company

I could see apple or amazon being more interested in owning a vod premiere of NTTD a first for the movie franchise, fist blockbuster franchise to go this rout.
Be kind of ironic if AMC theaters boycotting pushes mgm or new owners to go VOD worldwide

I don’t know if movie theaters recover, first time in my lifetime that they closed their doors like this, normally theaters profit from people forced to take time off because other venues are closed families flock to kill time at theaters. Three months and counting of no movie theaters and vod being the go to of the masses. Do they make a come back? Will people associate the movies as being a place where people can get sick? Or did going cold turkey off movie theaters kick off a new vod trend?

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Looks like late 2021 now.
Bring back Bond!
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Just voted VOD as well because I can see them not being ready for another year or two (there wasn't an option for 2023) and their budget will probably run out by that point.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think their budget ran out already but mgm has to keep them floated because they need a buyer. Only thing worse than not getting bond movie money is flopping the franchise by releasing the at wrong time

At some point nttd has to be released vod is easier because the cost is less. Movies have yet to prove they can make a comeback and right now Hollywood is pushing subscription services, which I don’t think everybody can be nextflix and Disney plus.

It feels more like vod to me, but Babs is nothing if not greedy I could see her refuse to release it at all until she get a cool hundred million after cost and profit splits.