Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Tomorrow Never Dies on Showtime USA

Post by Blowfeld »

Sun Apr 29 05:20A on Showtime Extreme
Last edited by Blowfeld on Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

I thought since Sony bought MGM that HBO could start playing the Bond films like CR will this fall.
ID
Lieutenant

Post by ID »

They cut this film to pieces on UK television. Do they do that in the US?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

stockslivevan wrote:I thought since Sony bought MGM that HBO could start playing the Bond films like CR will this fall.
ID wrote:They cut this film to pieces on UK television. Do they do that in the US?
No, usually, usually mind you, for premium channels like Showtime it is the uncut theatrical version.
On regular TV/Cable it is edited down for time and content.

Last I heard about the US tv debut for Royale it was bought by USA cable channel, not HBO or the like.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Blowfeld wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:I thought since Sony bought MGM that HBO could start playing the Bond films like CR will this fall.
Last I heard about the US tv debut for Royale it was bought by USA cable channel, not HBO or the like.
USA does have the rights to air them by 2009 as a world television network premiere kind of thing, but HBO will be the first to air it uncut commercial free like every film they play in Nov 2007. HBO and Showtime each have their own studio contracts. HBO releases movies by FOX, Sony, WB, ect while Showtime plays Paramount, Touchstone, Demension, ect.

Now that Sony owns the Bond films I would figure that HBO would put out a marathon of Bonds but perhaps that will occur later.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

stockslivevan wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:
USA does have the rights to air them by 2009 as a world television network premiere kind of thing, but HBO will be the first to air it uncut commercial free like every film they play in Nov 2007. HBO and Showtime each have their own studio contracts. HBO releases movies by FOX, Sony, WB, ect while Showtime plays Paramount, Touchstone, Demension, ect.

Now that Sony owns the Bond films I would figure that HBO would put out a marathon of Bonds but perhaps that will occur later.
HBO having a studio contract it makes good sense, but I have not found anything saying HBO will play Royale. Could be too soon since the DVDs' are still being pushed.
Why Encore and Spike still broadcast the movies if HBO has the rights to is a mystery.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

It been over a year an HBO still has not gotten CR. :?:
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.