Doctor Who season 12/38

News and Discussion of all things Dr Who

Doctor Who season 12/38

Postby Kristatos » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:10 pm

The season premiere is on New Year's Day and is entitled...Spyfall! It looks from the trailer as if Stephen Fry will be playing an M-type character, so this may well be "Doctor Who does Bond". I know the last series had its problems, but hopefully the production team will up their game this time around.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Doctor Who season 12/38

Postby James » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:45 pm

I really, really, really hated the last season but I must admit this was much improved. It moved at a fast clip, looked great, had scary aliens, good special effects, and a fun bonkers twist at the end. Jodi is still a bit bland (IMO) but generally a really good opener.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Postby Kristatos » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:27 pm

James wrote:I really, really, really hated the last season but I must admit this was much improved. It moved at a fast clip, looked great, had scary aliens, good special effects, and a fun bonkers twist at the end. Jodi is still a bit bland (IMO) but generally a really good opener.
That reveal was great. It looks like they've taken on board some of the criticisms of the last series and have upped the pace and brought back some classic monsters (Cybermen, Judoon, and does anybody really believe Chibnall when he says not to expect Daleks this season?)

Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Postby Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:04 pm

The latest episode was a bit uninspired. It did though have Colin Farrell, the veteran actor from many roles (not the Irishman) and Julia Foster who appeared in the classic Hammer House of Horror set in the Slimming Clinic.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Postby Kristatos » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:20 pm

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:The latest episode was a bit uninspired. It did though have Colin Farrell, the veteran actor from many roles (not the Irishman) and Julia Foster who appeared in the classic Hammer House of Horror set in the Slimming Clinic.
I thought the sermonising at the end was very heavy-handed. I'm not a fan of characters giving long speeches where they spell out the message of this week's episode. It took me back to the '70s, and not in a good way.

Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Return to Doctor Who