Series 9 + crimbo special (2015).

News and Discussion of all things Dr Who
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Series 9 + crimbo special (2015).

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I'm surprised that this thread hadn't happened earlier, so here goes. How are we liking series 9 so far?

Episode ranking:
1. Under the Lake
2. The Zygon Inversion
3. Before the Flood
4. The Girl Who Died
5. The Woman Who Lived
6. The Zygon Invasion
7. The Witch's Familiar
8. The Magician's Apprentice

If ever there were any doubts as to whether Capaldi has settled into the role, his recent speech should disolve them:

"You call this a war, this funny little thing? This is not a war. I fought in a bigger war than you will ever know, I did worse things than you could ever imagine, and when I close my eyes... I hear more screams than anyone could ever be able to count."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Series 9 + crimbo special (2015).

Post by Kristatos »

Haven't seen the Zygon 2-parter yet. Of the episodes I have seen, I'd find it impossible to rank them, because they are all so different. That's one of the things I like best about the Capaldi era - the fact that there is no such thing as a "typical" Capaldi story.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: Series 9 + crimbo special (2015).

Post by Blowfeld »

I recently binged watched the latest series. Given no though about ranking them yet. What did bother me were the last two, maybe three shows. I can't help feel Doctor Who lost something in the process, only to have it mind wiped back to zero. Entirely pointless.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer