Welcome thread

News and Discussion of all things Dr Who

Re: Welcome thread

Postby kater23 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:58 am

Glorious England wrote:Hello. I am new Here, but am an old trouper from when Mi6 was actually good, old guards them those days who are here may remember me as a rather Demented user called "Codename: Cobra". I Have been lookig for a PROPER James Bond Fansite for some time, since Mi6 became well, Danielle Cr-eggs love in party (vomits in disgust) , well, jackjamesBond told me about this place, a celebration of all tjhings classic james bond and a place to rip the virtual Nadgers of the those blasted non cannonical emoist wanna be drama ABOMINATIONS that MGM are crapping out these days, as well as to rip the nadgers off of craptivision for turning there "interactive" (rubbish!) versions into "cry on dooty;007 edition" MMS crud for consoles. well thats right up my ally! I am really glad to find this place, and am really looking forward to reliving classic bond films, giving my personal recommendations on how to save Bond, if it isnt too late, and of course, being as Rude and sarcastic as possible about danielle cr-egg, his mindless fans, barbara boiled-vegetable, booby kotiks big bad house of cry on doody, and everyone else responsible for the current Mess the franchise is in.

Please note, i have aspergers syndrome, so, id apprecirate it if users didnt use too heavy sarcasm and are quite specific when talking to me, or i might get the wrong idea. thanks. also note i am quite fond of the old "wall o text" and tend to ramble.

well, this is the end of this post, cant wait to get started on bashing cr-egg round the virual bonce...

Cheers. :cheers:

Welcome! I have Asperger's Syndrome as well, and I think there's someone else(blanking on who) on these boards who has Asperger's(I'm sure someone will correct me)
The poster formerly known as Katied :)
kater23
Moneypenny

Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Postby Blowfeld » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:40 am

kater23 wrote:

Welcome! I have Asperger's Syndrome as well, and I think there's someone else(blanking on who) on these boards who has Asperger's(I'm sure someone will correct me)

Yes, there is a young man from the UK as well, can't for the life of me remember his name.

Welcome to the forum glorious England !! :cheers:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence

Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Postby bjmdds » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:09 am

Shaken Not Stirred.
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby Kristatos » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Glorious England wrote:
Please note, i have aspergers syndrome, so, id apprecirate it if users didnt use too heavy sarcasm and are quite specific when talking to me, or i might get the wrong idea. thanks. also note i am quite fond of the old "wall o text" and tend to ramble.

I remembered this when posting just now. Fortunately, we have these emoticons:

_.///

and

_.//

to help signpost sarcasm more clearly, since it isn't always easy to convey tone in a forum post, even if Asperger's isn't part of the equation.
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Postby Glorious England » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Sorry this is late, i was not on yesterday. ive been having issued with my "slim" ps3 and i wanted to try and fix them, to no avail.

thaks for pointing that out kristatos, i mainly mentioned it because ive had some very rough treatement from some people on other forums due to sarcasm going straight over my head. i know that similar issues are unlikely to happen here. but, i like to cover all my bases just in case.

thanks blowfeld.

hey kater, its great to meet you, i really enjoy meeting my fellow apsergians online, helps me feel part of a weird wacky, and wonderfull little club! :up:
God Save The Queen.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Postby The Sweeney » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Welcome to the forum Glorious England!! :cheers:
The Sweeney

Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Postby Glorious England » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:10 pm

thanks sweeney. heres hoping we can end previous hostilities, and get on with discussing the classic films. :cheers:
God Save The Queen.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Postby TimothyBrosnan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 am

Hello Gentlemen. I'm a Big fan of this great franchise, and i might be a bit new to it. I've watched all of the films, however i never read the books. My favourite Bond is Brosnan, my favourite Bond film is Goldeneye, my favourite Bond song is 'License To Kill', my favourite Bond villain is Goldfinger, My favourite Bond car is Aston Martin DBS, and my favourite Bond game is Nightfire.

I'm more fan of the fan creations, like posters, movies, musics, etcetera, as they show up the creativity of ourselves, fans. :)

And yes, I'd like to state that I like Craig. But, i re-state that my favourite Bond is Brosnan. :)
ImageImage
[align=center]Image
TimothyBrosnan
New Recruit

Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, Goldeneye, The Spy Who Loved Me, Skyfall
Favorite Movies: The Expendables

Postby TimothyBrosnan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:33 am

Hello! I'm a kind of new Bond fan to the series. I'm 19 years old and i'm a big fan of this great franchise.

My favourite Bond is Brosnan, Favourite film is Goldeneye, Favourite Bond villain is Goldfinger, Favourite Bond car is the Aston Martin DBS, Favourite Bond Girl is Paris Carver, Favourite Bond song is License To Kill.

I'm more of a fan of the fan creations, Specially the films. Great to see how the people incorporate their vision of Bond into their creations.

I'd like to state that I Like Craig's Bond. But my favourite Bond IS Brosnan.
ImageImage
[align=center]Image
TimothyBrosnan
New Recruit

Postby Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Welcome Timothy. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Postby John P. Drake » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Welcome to the forum, TimothyBrosnan. :cheers:
John P. Drake
Agent

Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: There are many to tell, but I prefer something that has a great storyline with loads of escapism and fantastic performance with over-the-top elements which would be pleasing. Action is the main genre I follow, and the spy genre would second that.

Postby TimothyBrosnan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Thanks guys :) but i'm sorry, there's a double post of mine right there lol
ImageImage
[align=center]Image
TimothyBrosnan
New Recruit

Postby The Saint 007 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:54 pm

Seeing as GoldenEye is your favourite Bond film, TimothyBrosnan, I guess you must also like the Nintendo 64 game. It's one of my favourite Bond games along with some of the ones from EA, like Everything Or Nothing. You should check out our James Bond games forum, if you haven't already done so.
The Saint 007

Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Postby Dragonpol » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi, I just stumbled upon this site today and thought that I would join up as the discussions seemed to be fairly good. I hope that I can take part in some interesting discussions soon.
Dragonpol
New Recruit

Postby Goldeneye » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:42 pm

Welcome Dragonpol !! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Postby The Saint 007 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Welcome to the forum, Dragonpol! :cheers:
The Saint 007

Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Postby John P. Drake » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:52 pm

Welcome aboard, Dragonpol.
John P. Drake
Agent

Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: There are many to tell, but I prefer something that has a great storyline with loads of escapism and fantastic performance with over-the-top elements which would be pleasing. Action is the main genre I follow, and the spy genre would second that.

Postby Dragonpol » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:42 am

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes here. Much appreciated.
Dragonpol
New Recruit

Postby John P. Drake » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:24 pm

You're welcome and enjoy your stay in here. Cheers, fellow.
John P. Drake
Agent

Postby bjmdds » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB-QGOChuQc :up: Enter The Dragon to the forum :!:
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who