Welcome thread

News and Discussion of all things Dr Who

Re: Welcome thread

Postby bjmdds » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:55 pm

The Thing and The Day The Earth Stood Still from 1951 outdo ANY modern day versions of each and they are far better sci-fi films than the garbage on the screens now. Today's films are not CLASSIC films.
bjmdds

Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.
Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby John P. Drake » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:25 pm

The Saint 007 wrote:I also see that North By NorthWest is one of your favourite films, JackJamesBond007. One of my favourite Hitchcock films as well. It's great to come across young people who are into classic films/TV shows, because I sometimes feel alone in that regard. I grew up watching older films and TV shows, and I've always preferred them over the modern ones. I especially love some of the spy shows from the 1960's and 1970's. When I was in my teens, I started collecting The Saint, Danger Man, The Avengers and other classic series on DVD. There was times when the person at the cash register would look at me as if to say "You actually watch this?!" But I don't care what other people think. Just because a film or show is before your time, doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.

Trust me, my father introduced me to all these and I'm really grateful to him for that. Nowadays, you cannot find a decent actor, let alone a decent man. I mean, where are the real men nowadays? Back then, we had Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, James Stewart, Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck, Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen, Peter O'toole, Richard Johnson, Peter Graves, Patrick Macnee, Patrick McGoohan, Robert Vaughn, David McCallum and later we had and still have Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jean Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis, Peter Weller, Dolph Lundgren... I mean... these are literally men! Unlike the modern actors nowadays! And of course, let them try to be classic these days, they just can't. What they did to Mission: Impossible was completely unforgivable. What the hell was the big idea of killing Jim Phelps off?! It was a blasphemy. Huhuhuh, we have Twilight, now, and Danielle Crybaby Cr-egg wants Robert Pattinson to be Bond. Just as if he wasn't enough trouble to the franchise. And some idiotic Craig fangirls bash Brosnan over because he's not emotional. A real man doesn't give a d**n about his emotions, doesn't take crap from women, but Craig does, because he's not a man enough, he's doesn't have the right to call himself male. And also, people know Jason Bourne from Matt Damon's godawful portrayal in the modern take on the franchise, but the original Bourne written by Robert Ludlum in the original first trilogy had a manly character, which was later portrayed by Richard Chamberlain who played it properly, and wasn't a traitor to his country, unlike Matt Damon's version. And then, they are emotionally unbalanced, like Daniel Craig is. They are ready to cry all the time! Because they are total utter failures! People from Pussyville! However, I'm not looking forward to take example from them at all, I prefer to be very old school, like the people were until 1990.
John P. Drake
Agent

Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: There are many to tell, but I prefer something that has a great storyline with loads of escapism and fantastic performance with over-the-top elements which would be pleasing. Action is the main genre I follow, and the spy genre would second that.

Postby bjmdds » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:57 pm

You must have loved Cr-egg in drag as Bond in his PSA. What a disgrace by Broccoli to the franchise. This "emotionalization" of spies by the liberals in Hollywood only exposes their underlying feminization of the modern day male. Phelps a bad guy? :shock: You are correct about Damon. He only took that role to make the USA government look reprehensible as does all of Hollywood these days as was the theme in QOS attempting to make the UK and USA look bad. Eon endorses this garbage and it reeks of political undertones in Hollywood :!:
bjmdds

Favorite Movies: The Sting; The Shawshank Redemption; Goodfellas; My Cousin Vinny; The Godfather I; Star Trek IV; Back To The Future I; Harry Potter films; Serendipity: Shane; Elvis Presley films

Postby John P. Drake » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:17 pm

bjmdds wrote:You must have loved Cr-egg in drag as Bond in his PSA. What a disgrace by Broccoli to the franchise. This "emotionalization" of spies by the liberals in Hollywood only exposes their underlying feminization of the modern day male. Phelps a bad guy? :shock: You are correct about Damon. He only took that role to make the USA government look reprehensible as does all of Hollywood these days as was the theme in QOS attempting to make the UK and USA look bad. Eon endorses this garbage and it reeks of political undertones in Hollywood :!:

I couldn't agree more, sir.
John P. Drake
Agent

Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: There are many to tell, but I prefer something that has a great storyline with loads of escapism and fantastic performance with over-the-top elements which would be pleasing. Action is the main genre I follow, and the spy genre would second that.

Postby Glorious England » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:23 pm

Hello. I am new Here, but am an old trouper from when Mi6 was actually good, old guards them those days who are here may remember me as a rather Demented user called "Codename: Cobra". I Have been lookig for a PROPER James Bond Fansite for some time, since Mi6 became well, Danielle Cr-eggs love in party (vomits in disgust) , well, jackjamesBond told me about this place, a celebration of all tjhings classic james bond and a place to rip the virtual Nadgers of the those blasted non cannonical emoist wanna be drama ABOMINATIONS that MGM are crapping out these days, as well as to rip the nadgers off of craptivision for turning there "interactive" (rubbish!) versions into "cry on dooty;007 edition" MMS crud for consoles. well thats right up my ally! I am really glad to find this place, and am really looking forward to reliving classic bond films, giving my personal recommendations on how to save Bond, if it isnt too late, and of course, being as Rude and sarcastic as possible about danielle cr-egg, his mindless fans, barbara boiled-vegetable, booby kotiks big bad house of cry on doody, and everyone else responsible for the current Mess the franchise is in.

Please note, i have aspergers syndrome, so, id apprecirate it if users didnt use too heavy sarcasm and are quite specific when talking to me, or i might get the wrong idea. thanks. also note i am quite fond of the old "wall o text" and tend to ramble.

well, this is the end of this post, cant wait to get started on bashing cr-egg round the virual bonce...

Cheers. :cheers:
God Save The Queen.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Postby The Saint 007 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Welcome to the forum, Glorious England! :cheers:
The Saint 007

Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Postby John P. Drake » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Welcome to our fortress, Glorious England!
John P. Drake
Agent

Postby Glorious England » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks lads, Been looking for a placelike this, its nice to know ill be appreicated for "dissing" mizz cr-egg here, and not get spammed by a bunch of mindless teenage mutants... goodnes.. its as if over half the world has chucked its brains out with the morning papers.

im glad ive finally passed the evaluation, and can now post freely. :cheers:
God Save The Queen.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Postby Kristatos » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Glorious England wrote:im glad ive finally passed the evaluation, and can now post freely. :cheers:

Sorry about that, but it's there to keep the trolls out. Doesn't always work, sadly.
Balls, Q?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Postby Glorious England » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Believe it or not, i actually completely approve of the vetting system, it helps keep this site in the hands of who it should be used by, Proper Bond fans like us, not a bunch of foolish depressives who go off like a "Davy-Crokket" shoulder launched nuke if you dare say anything bad about "mizz cr-egg" (we all know how im talking about (Wink wink))i know, ive seen a few trolls here, but only one or two, so it clearly does its purpose well.

More forums need to use it. after all, there is nothing worse than say, logging into devolver digitial to discuss how the MMS genre is a de-generative step,. to find some idiot has logged in with the express purpose of igniting the forum, by posting about how Devolvers games "suck" becuase they "aint modyrn" or "lyke cry on doody"./.. dont you just want to do something unmentionable to those people. beleive me, that actually really happend, sure, the troll got properly and totally gnarred, but... the forums were fuming for days afterwards, cant blame them. perhaps they could do with a vetting system as well.

yeah, the vetting system is a great idea kristatos.. i just need to learn to be more patient!
God Save The Queen.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

Postby bjmdds » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:41 pm

All hail Glorious England via Jack's recruitment :!: You will LOVE it here, in this den of anti-Cr-egg revelations :!: :up:
bjmdds

Postby Glorious England » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Thank bjmdds! i am already loving it here. it seems many of the users run on my wavelength on things other than bond as well! ive seen some of your posts as well mate, we seem to have identical opinions, i am really looking forward to the chats i am going to have with the users here. 8)

thanks again.
God Save The Queen.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

Postby bjmdds » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:01 pm

I left the fanaticism of the old MI6 in 2007 after receiving recruiting emails from this website and have been domiciled here since. Sunday will be 6 years since I joined this forum. March 20 will be 6 years since I opened this thread and it has grown exponentially ever since. As Kirk tells the crew at the very end of ST 4, "my friends, we've come home."
bjmdds

Postby Glorious England » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:05 pm

I left mi6 when the "old" mi6 closed down, i only "ghosted" the ressurected one, and was disgusted with what i saw, the place had become a lunatic asylum!

6 years, a long time, i wish id been around to see it as well, instead of drifting like space-dust from forum to forum. Appropriate quote! indeed, we have indeed come home...
God Save The Queen.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

Postby John P. Drake » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:21 pm

I left MI6 informally three to four months ago, and formally couple of weeks earlier before I joined ClassicBond.com. I agree, MI6 now is a lunatic asylum like Glorious England said. Bunch of Cr-egg fangirls. Why don't they rename it to "Danielle Cr-egg's wuvable I don't-know-what fangirls club"?
John P. Drake
Agent

Postby The Saint 007 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:35 pm

You've certainly come to the right place, Glorious England. As I was telling JackJamesBond007 earlier, this site is not only a good place to express your thoughts against the current direction, it's also a good place to discuss classic Bond because we have a fairly friendly and open-minded community here.

I noticed you also enjoy all my most favourite Bond films too, Glorious England. Pretty cool. :up:
The Saint 007

Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Postby Glorious England » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:51 pm

:up: Thanks Saint, indeed, it is freindly, imaginative, and ice cool in here, and indeed, its great being able to blow the nadgers of the current direction, and actually be applauded.

indeed, we do seem to have a similar list of favoruite bond films... it also appears we have some favourite computer games (timesplitters, NF etc) and a "preferred gameplay" style in common as well! :cheers:
God Save The Queen.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

Postby The Saint 007 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Glorious England wrote::up: Thanks Saint, indeed, it is freindly, imaginative, and ice cool in here, and indeed, its great being able to blow the nadgers of the current direction, and actually be applauded.

indeed, we do seem to have a similar list of favoruite bond films... it also appears we have some favourite computer games (timesplitters, NF etc) and a "preferred gameplay" style in common as well! :cheers:

I'm mostly into the classic 2D platformer games like Mario, Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Sonic, and others. I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of shooters, but I do like some of the James Bond games, Timesplitters (especially the third one), Perfect Dark, and the Unreal Tournament games. But most of the shooter games they make now all play like Call Of Duty, and are dull, linear, and too multiplayer focused, in my opinion.
The Saint 007

Postby Glorious England » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:26 pm

i still play 2d platformers as well when i want a laugh, or am feeling nostalgic! and some 3d Platformers. Im Still a huge fan of Mario, be it 2d or 3d, he works superbly in both, about the only franchise that can do it!, with my opinions nestling on Super Mario Bros 3 as the best 2d and Super Mario 64 as best 3d.

As for Sonic, i stick to the old Megadrive and master-system titles, as they were faster, breezier, more light hearted, the later ones went dark and lost the sense of fun....and dont get me started on what they did with sonic's personality! bullying tails my FOOT! the old sonic, as shown on the old , cult classic "the adventures of sonic the hedgehog" cartoon ( i still state only jaleel "urkel" white can voice sonic) treated him more like a little brother.

Im still pretty miffed at capcom for axing megaman, it was one of the few CHALLENGING games left, games these days are too easy, im sick of this "press Space bar too"... i mean, i read the manual,. i know what the controlls are, stop treating me like i am six years old you silly game! it grinds my gears.

I agree 100% on the modern shooter games being utter Rubbish, i cannot stand a single element of them i like, i find them very boring, very simple. too short, too "tutorial" themed, offensively badly written, overly 'murican" (and this is coming from a fan of 1980s american action movies!), completly wrong in there ideas about realism (no professional aims down there sites with only one eye open, your too likely to get blindsided!), dont get me started on the multiplayer bias or ill be here all year before i calm down and stop ranting (lol) and well, the "forced" dynamic crosshairs make me giddy after a while.. i dont know why they ever got rid of the options to choose if you wanted Dynamic or locked crosshairs, like you could in the second SOF game, or both of the old "No One Lives Forever" Games. ( i always saw Nolf 1 as the most "Bondian" game of the lot...despite not even having bond in them, unless you count bruno lawrie...who is definatly based on sean connery) to be hounest, i think ive baught about six shooters since 2006, and all of them are "Throwbacks" like Serious Sam or Hard Reset.

Yeah, TS3 was the best for the Splitters franchise, and i must admire Crytek UK deciding to axe the franchise rather then let EA do a "bulletstorm" on it.

I also agree that consoles hit there peak with the Nintendo 64.
God Save The Queen.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

Postby The Saint 007 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario 64 are my personal favourites as well. I also prefer the older Sonic games, but I've played some of the recent ones, like the Sonic Rush games for Nintendo DS. The Donkey Kong Country trilogy for the Super Nintendo is awesome, and I still love playing them every once in a while. I've played Mega Man games 1-9, but have not yet tried Mega Man 10. My favourites are Mega Man 2 and 3. I also like the Mega Man X series, especially the ones for Super Nintendo.

Yes, I'm tired of most of these shooter games mimicking each other both in looks and gameplay. I'm also sick of developers not including any AI Bots for multiplayer mode. AI Bots help the multiplayer mode age better (take Perfect Dark for example), and it gives people more choice, because not everyone enjoys playing online, or may not have good Internet. But most developers now are so lazy, and just don't want to bother. The technology may be getting better, but unfortunately, most developers don't make any good use of it.
The Saint 007

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who