Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Russell T Davies wants to make Doctor Who movie

Post by Blowfeld »

By David Bentley on Nov 30, 09 12:58 PM

RUSSELL T DAVIES, who will step down as Doctor Who showrunner at the end of this year, has admitted he would love to get the Time Lord on to the big screen.

Davies' four-year stint as lead writer and executive producer on the sci-fi series comes to a close when the second part of The End of Time airs on New Year's Day.

That story will see David Tennant's character regenerate into the 11th Doctor, played by Matt Smith, and Steven Moffat taking on Davies' job for the next full series.

There was mounting speculation earlier this year that a Doctor Who movie would be announced at San Diego Comic-Con but it never happened.

Now, Davies - whose behind-the-scenes book The Writer's Tale comes out in the new year - has indicated his interest in such a project.

Davies, who was talking in showbiz publication The Stage, revealed that the one possibility of returning to the TARDIS was for a Doctor Who feature film.

He said: "I'd like to give it a whirl," but added that "television is always first and foremost in my mind because I genuinely love it. It's what I relax with. And not just relax with. I find it challenging. Fascinating.

"I think the only place to go is something more nine o'clock-ish, more adult, more intimate. I was offered the other day a 13-part, family-orientated, seven o'clock series - and I thought, I can't, because I've done the best one."

The Writer's Tale: The Final Chapter by Russell T Davies and Benjamin Cook is out in paperback in January, published by BBC Books.

Davies had earlier said he plans to start work on a fourth series of spin-off Torchwood in January.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Tennant dismisses Doctor Who movie

Post by Blowfeld »

Tennant dismisses Doctor Who movie

(UKPA) – 1 day ago

David Tennant has a Hollywood career in his sights - but has denied any plans for a Doctor Who movie.

The 38-year-old Scottish actor was in Hollywood at the same time as the BBC One show's executive producer and writer Russell T Davies - sparking rumours of an upcoming film.

But David told the Radio Times: "I don't think there is a Doctor Who movie... It's not like I'm hell-bent on breaking into movies but it's a nice notion."

David, who bows out as the 10th Timelord after a two-part special over Christmas, said it was just a coincidence that both he and Russell were in America at the same time.

However, it seems the British actor is ready to make the move to Los Angeles after landing a role in NBC's new show Rex Is Not Your Lawyer.

He confessed his British passport has been a bonus landing work Stateside.

"It seems British actors are in vogue out here," he said. "If an opportunity comes up it would be silly not to take it."
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer