Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Licensed to exterminate

Post by Blowfeld »

By COLIN ROBERTSON

Published: Today
FORMER James Bond Timothy Dalton is to play a baddie in one of David Tennant’s final episodes of Doctor Who.

Details are being kept under wraps but Dalton has already flown in from his home in Los Angeles for filming.

An insider said: “Timothy Dalton is a big coup for Doctor Who because he’s pretty iconic.
“He’s in the UK right now and is shooting scenes over the next few weeks.

“It’s a good gig for him as it will be one of the most memorable episodes yet.”

The dashing actor, 63, played 007 in Eighties films The Living Daylights and Licence To Kill.

His role will be in one of three specials marking the final appearance of Tennant, 38, as the Time Lord.

The last of the three will see the star regenerate into the new Doctor — played by Matt Smith, 26.

The BBC1 has not yet decided on exactly when the three specials will be shown.

But it is expected they will all screen around Christmas, with one possibly being shown on New Year’s Eve.

The final episode will feature ALL the Doctor’s sidekicks — Billie Piper, Freema Agyeman and Catherine Tate.

John Simm will also feature as the Doctor’s arch enemy The Master.
Story can be found at: The Sun
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Licensed to exterminate

Post by Kristatos »

Awesome! Nice to see Tim being described as "iconic". Is his reputation starting to be rehabilitated after at least a decade of sneers?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

3 left for Tennant? I like Tennant but I'm eager to get cracking on the Matt Smith era now. It's always nice to see TD in anything.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

Tennant is going to be hosting Masterpiece Contemporary which airs on PBS here in the States in the fall :up:
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Kristatos wrote:Awesome! Nice to see Tim being described as "iconic". Is his reputation starting to be rehabilitated after at least a decade of sneers?
"An insider said: “Timothy Dalton is a big coup for Doctor Who because he’s pretty iconic."
What an odd way to say it. It sounds like they meant to say Still in front of pretty iconic.

Dalton is brilliant at playing bad guys. So good on him!
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Dalton hasn't done much after Bond.This would be a good get for him.
katied

Post by katied »

Dalton was good in Shaun Of The Dead! :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:Dalton was good in Shaun Of The Dead! :up:
I think you mean Hot Fuzz.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Kristatos wrote:
Oh shoot, I did! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
He was great in that. Playing the villain suits him. He was amazing in the Rocketeer
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

One of our local stations was showing LTK the other day :up:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Who to a kill

Post by Blowfeld »

Various news sources online and in print - including science fiction website io9 and British tabloid newspaper The Sun - have in recent days been running a picture from behind-the-scenes of David Tennant's forthcoming two-part finale in Doctor Who. The image, apparently a screen grab from a video, shows David Tennant along with guest star Timothy Dalton and another actor, whose presence in the story may be considered a spoiler, so his name is given in the spoiler box below.

Dalton's role in the forthcoming specials is not currently known.
Spoiler
The other actor pictured along with Dalton and Tennant is John Simm, who played The Master in the final three episodes of the third series of Doctor Who.
Spoiler
And it's also been rumored that Dalton will be showing up, playing the Chancellor of the High Council of Time Lords
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

MOORE EYES DR WHO ROLE

Post by Blowfeld »

MOORE EYES DR WHO ROLE

BOND legend SIR ROGER MOORE is vying for a guest spot on DR WHO - after learning his 007 protege TIMOTHY DALTON has landed a part in a forthcoming Christmas special.
Dalton, who took over the reigns from Moore in 1987 to play the suave superspy in The Living Daylights and Licence To Kill, is set to appear in the cult British sci-fi show as the mysterious character The Narrator in December (09).
After hearing his replacement was to star in the show, Moore has offered himself up to play Dalton's father.
He says, "I believe Timothy is to appear in one of the new episodes, so if they ever want anyone to play his dad, I'm available."
This story can be found at SIR ROGER MOORE is vying for a guest spot on DR WHO
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Dr Who send-off for David Tennant

Post by Blowfeld »

David Tennant's final scenes as Dr Who are a "brilliant send-off" - that's according to his co-star John Simm.

The actor's returning as The Doctor's nemesis, The Master, in a two-part Christmas special which ends David Tennant's run as the Time Lord.

He said filming the episodes, which is now completed, was really good fun.

"It'll be a brilliant send-off for Mr Tennant. Last time I did it it was such fun. It was wonderful to be asked back and to be in the very, very last one."

Simm said one of the reasons he wanted to be on the show was so his son Ryan could watch him.

He explained that most of the TV programmes he's in are too adult for his eight-year-old to watch.

"It was a great opportunity to make my son proud," he said.

The next series of Doctor Who, starring Matt Smith, is set to be on screens in Spring 2010.
this story can be found at David Tennant's final scenes as Dr Who are a "brilliant send-off"