O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Torchwood

Post by CaptainLewis »

'Torchwood' trailer to air on Thursday

A 60-second preview of the new series of Torchwood will premiere simultaneously in the UK and US this Thursday.

The third series, Torchwood: Children Of Earth, will air over five consecutive nights on BBC One this Spring.

The trailer will be shown at 4pm ET on Thursday at New York ComicCon 2009, where star Eve Myles and director Euros Lyn are due to participate in a panel session.

At the same time - 9pm GMT - the preview will be made available on the Torchwood website at bbc.co.uk/torchwood.

Series producer Peter Bennett previously told Digital Spy that Children Of Earth would be an "epic" tale, with a "dilemma about a subject that's going to affect all the children of Earth".
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14536 ... rsday.html#
CaptainLewis
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Re: Torchwood

Post by CaptainLewis »

Trailer:
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Barrowman to write 'Torchwood' comic

John Barrowman is to write an original comic strip for the March issue of the official Torchwood Magazine.

The actor, who plays Captain Jack Harkness in the Doctor Who spinoff, will pen 'Captain Jack and the Selkie' with his sister Carole E. Barrowman and editor Martin Eden.

Eden said: "I'm so excited to be working on this story. John and Carole are an absolute pleasure to work with. Believe me, the readers are in for a treat!"

Carole revealed that the project has been on her and John's agenda for some time, saying: "When John and I were working on [John's autobiography] Anything Goes, we spent a lot of time together on the Torchwood set.

"In between our storytelling and moments of inspired silliness, we decided we'd like to work on a project together that involved Captain Jack."
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14198 ... comic.html
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Ten Things You Never Knew About John Barrowman

John Barrowman has become one of the nation's biggest cult icons thanks to his role as Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and spinoff show Torchwood. A jack of all trades, he's also a seasoned theatre performer and established musician, with a string of studio albums under his belt. With the third series of Torchwood looming on the horizon and his Saturday evening show Tonight's The Night debuting this weekend, there's never been a better time to uncover ten tantalising titbits about everyone's favourite omnisexual time traveller.

1. John Scot Barrowman was born on March 11, 1967, in Glasgow, Scotland. His mum worked at a record shop and his dad was employed by Caterpillar Inc.

2. The Barrowman family relocated to Aurora, Illinois, when he was eight years old, after his father's job was transferred. As a result, he holds dual British and American citizenship.

3. Before making it big as a television star, he worked at a power plant and once turned down a job with Disney. He says that the Disney representative told him "most of the people who turn us down end up doing something really big - I'm sure we'll see your name in the future".

4. His first paid role as an actor was as an uncredited extra in 1987's The Untouchables. "It was a nightmare because Sean Connery wasn’t very nice and the assistant director shouted a lot and was rude to the extras. I went home early," he recalls.

5. He was considered for the part of Will in Will & Grace but eventually lost the role to Eric McCormack. He explains: "I was of one of quite a few who got down to the last choices, and I was actually told that I wasn't gay enough - even though Eric McCormack is straight. Go figure."

6. He admits to being a "hardcore" collector of movie and sci-fi memorabilia, saying: "I have an original James Bond doll boxed in mint condition from Thunderball. I have all of the Jaws dolls set - Jaws himself, James Bond, the works. I have The Six Million Dollar Man, all of the dolls. All of Charlie's Angels."

7. A lifelong fan of Doctor Who, he confesses to having swiped a couple of props from the show's set. "I have all the bullets that I shot at the Dalek that shot me. And I've had the Dalek...replicated. I had the production team make me one of the ones that shot me. So I have a full-size one. And, I have my original prop gun. I have another original that was hand-made for me by the guy who makes all the props, and it's on a plinth."

8. If he wasn't an actor he thinks that he would have trained as an airline pilot. He says: "That was my dream as a kid and I thought I’d look good in the outfit. I still love planes. One of the engines my Dad helped design is in the Smithsonian in Washington D.C."

9. A self-confessed practical joker, he once shared his secret for keeping the cast and crew entertained on set: "The alien operators can only see so much through their 'outfits', so I'd moon at them every so often. Captain Jack's butt!"

10. He once had a racehorse named after his Torchwood character. What's next? "I'd think I'd like an airplane named after Jack. Not so much after John Barrowman, because that would be a bit egotistical, but I think the public love Jack so much. The Flying Harkness would be fun, or a Virgin Atlantic plane, maybe."
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a15 ... owman.html
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

John Barrowman talks 'Torchwood', 'Who'

Friday, April 17 2009, 06:00 BST

By Dan French

With Torchwood: Children Of Earth finally due to arrive on our screens in the not-too-distant future, the time was right for a catch-up with John Barrowman. So many questions: What can we expect from this new-format series three? Will there be a fourth series? And will he return to Doctor Who to wave off David Tennant? Struggling to contain our excitement and with our spoiler-scoops fully primed, we shared a pizza with the big man to find out more.

What can you tell us about the third series of Torchwood?
"I can tell you that Jack and the team find themselves in a completely different environment to what they're used to. Jack's past comes back to haunt him and the present team. It all sort of backfires on him and he has to clean up the mess that he and the government make."

Is it a literal mess? We've heard rumours of an explosion...
"It becomes a literal mess - that's all I'll say! If you've heard rumours of an explosion... well, it becomes a mess."

What do you make of the new format?
"It's a series of five episodes spread over a week. Personally, if it comes back for series four, I'd like to do more episodes. But we had to do something that created an impact when we moved to BBC One. It's like we're always under a test and I wish at some point they'd go 'you're fine! Stay where you are!' and that's what I'm looking forward to. But again, it depends on the audience."

How do you think fans will react?
"I think the audience will really like it. And if you've never seen Torchwood, now is the time to watch it. It's a one-off and you can just jump right in to it. It helps to know a bit of background, but you'll figure it out. Most people already know who Jack is, but for a non-Torchwood fan, you can definitely jump right in."

Is a fourth series something you'd be interested in?
"Absolutely!"

And has it been discussed?
"We've talked about the future, but we're concentrating on series three right now. We're yet to find out about [series four], but I'd love to."

Can we expect to see you back in Doctor Who to bid farewell to David Tennant?
"Jack will always return to the Tardis if the Doctor's in need – to help save the planet or conquer an alien race trying to invade. That's all I can say! You know how secretive we are about all of that. Personally, as John, I would love to go back. If I'm asked, I'll be there in a second."

Do you approve of Matt Smith?
"It doesn't matter if I approve! But the audience will like him, I'm sure. He's an interesting looking guy and from my point of view, he's handsome! I think he's going to bring his own flavour and his own verve to it."

Have you met him?
"I have - I was doing some radio publicity for the show and he was brought into the press office to meet everybody and he made a beeline for me. We talked a little bit and he's a nice guy - he's really excited about it. After he left, I felt like I'd cheated on David! But in the world of Who, we're used to the Doctor regenerating and that's what happens."

Torchwood: Children Of Earth airs on BBC One later this Spring. John's new entertainment series Tonight's The Night begins this Saturday on BBC One.
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a152970/ ... d-who.html
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I am looking forward to this series. Hope they get a Fourth series!
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

A new teaser for Torchwood: Children of Earth was broadcast on Australia's UKTV today, in conjunction with the final episode of Torchwood Series Two. UK readers can see the teaser on the BBC's Torchwood site.

"Torchwood: Children of Earth" is a five-part miniseries, which will air this summer on BBC One and BBC America. An official air date has not yet been announced, but the British Film Institute will host a preview of the first episode in London on Friday, 12 June, at BFI Southbank (formerly known as the National Film Theatre). This preview will be followed by a question and answer session with members of the cast and crew.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/
Spoiler
1965: Twelve children are gathered on a deserted moor, before being surrounded by a harsh, bright light .... and then they are gone!

Today: all over Earth, children stop moving. Stop playing, stop laughing. Then, as one, they begin to speak with the same voice, announcing the imminent arrival of a new alien threat. "We are coming...".

As the British government closes ranks, it issues a death warrant against Captain Jack and Torchwood...
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

New trailer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/news/090 ... es3_teaser

It's looking good I can't wait.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Watch's Schedule Suggests Date for Children Of Earth

Post by Blowfeld »

UK Cable/Satellite network Watch has indicated plans to air a week of Series 1 of Torchwood - 15 to 19 June at 10PM UK Time.

The listing suggests that Watch's repeats will air straight after the new Torchwood: Children Of Earth episodes air on BBC One. This suggests that the BBC One premieres for Torchwood: Children Of Earth would be at 9PM UK Time on 15 to 19 June.
From the June Monthly Highlights:
Torchwood
Weeknights, 10pm (from Monday 15th June)
With brand-new Torchwood on BBC One, Watch continues the Torchwood flavour with stripped episodes every week night. ...

In the first episode, a brutal murder leads WPC Gwen Cooper to Torchwood, a journey that will change their lives forever. With four more episodes from series one across the week, fans can enjoy brand-new Torchwood on BBC One, as well as classic Torchwood on Watch straight afterwards.
The BBC will not announce an airdate and time for Torchwood on BBC One until closer to broadcast to allow themselves to change plans as needed. BBC One's scheduling needs will be the deciding factor in when the new Torchwood episodes air.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

New Torchwood radio plays

Post by Blowfeld »

New Torchwood radio plays
Torchwood
May 14, 2009 • Posted By Josiah Rowe
The BBC's Torchwood website has announced that three new Torchwood radio plays have been recorded, and will air on BBC Radio 4's Afternoon Play prior to the television broadcast of Torchwood: Children of Earth. A previous Torchwood radio drama, "Lost Souls" by Joseph Lidster, was broadcast on Radio 4 last September, and is now available for purchase on CD and download. The BBC says that the new plays will "bridge the gap between Torchwood: Lost Souls and the upcoming Torchwood: Children of Earth television series."

The new plays star John Barrowman as Captain Jack, Eve Myles as Gwen and Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto. Each play will be 45 minutes long, and will air at 2:15 pm in the "Afternoon Play" slot. They will also be available as downloads and on iPlayer for 7 days after their initial broadcast. Broadcast dates have not yet been announced.
Titles, authors and summaries for the three plays are as follows:
Asylum by Anita Sullivan
The story of a teen runaway called Freda who is brought to the attention of Torchwood by PC Andy. As Gwen, Jack and Ianto investigate where this troubled girl has come from, Andy finds himself drawn closer than ever before into the world of Torchwood.

Golden Age by James Goss
Torchwood go to India to investigate the disappearance of hundreds of people. The trail leads them to an old colonial club which seems strangely stuck in the past as does its young and beautiful owner, the Duchess.

The Dead Line by Phil Ford
A series of mysterious phone calls lead Jack into danger, and result in 'a very emotional moment for Ianto'.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Torchwood: Children of Earth UK Airdate

Post by Blowfeld »

The BBC Press Office have released details for week 27, and confirms that Torchwood: Children of Earth will be broadcast during that week, 4th-10th July. The show is currently listed as "unplaced", meaning that the exact time and days have yet to be finalised.
A new trailer for the show has been provided by UKTV in Australia, and can be viewed via YouTube:
[video][/video]
Captain Jack Harkness, Gwen Cooper and Ianto Jones (John Barrowman, Eve Myles and Gareth David-Lloyd) return for a new adventure in Torchwood – Children Of Earth, a five-part series for BBC One.

An ordinary day becomes one of terror, as every single child in the world stops. A message is sent to all the governments of Earth: "We are coming." But, as a trap closes around Captain Jack, the sins of the past are returning and long-forgotten events from 1965 threaten to reveal an awful truth.

Torchwood is forced underground as the government takes swift and brutal action. As members of the team are hunted down, Britain risks becoming a rogue state. Meanwhile, the mysterious and powerful 456 draws ever-closer.

Captain Jack, Gwen and Ianto are helpless as events escalate to such a degree that mankind faces the end of civilisation itself.

John Barrowman plays Captain Jack Harkness; Eve Myles plays Gwen Cooper; and Gareth David-Lloyd plays Ianto Jones. Torchwood also stars Kai Owen as Rhys Williams; Peter Capaldi (Doctor Who, Skins) as John Frobisher; Paul Copley (Coronation Street, The Bill) as Clem; Liz May Brice (Bad Girls, The Bill) as Johnson, Lucy Cohu (Forgiven) as Alice Carter; Nicholas Farrell (Casualty 1909) as Brian Green; Susan Brown (Brideshead Revisited) as Bridget Spears; and Cush Jumbo (Harley Street) as Lois Habiba.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Torchwood: Children of Earth Broadcasting Update

Post by Blowfeld »

June 23, 2009 • Posted By Chuck Foster
A roundup of news for the broadcast of Torchwood: Children of Earth around the world.

United Kingdom (BBC1, 6th-10th July)
BBC Press Pack

* The Radio Times website has now listed Torchwood as being broadcast from Monday 6th July from 9:00pm, and will be broadcast over consecutive nights.
* The Guardian used Children of Earth's broadcast as the basis for an article on the role of the story-arc in science fiction.
* The Examiner reports on the soundtrack for Children of Earth to be released in the UK on 7th July.
* Press Pack coverage from io9, who also commented on the UK broadcast of Children of Earth ahead of the US broadcast (and spoilers revealed in the BBC Week 27 Information. Other articles on broadcast date from C21Media, Brand Republic, Rapid Talent, SF Crow's Nest, Coventry Telegraph, and Fantasy France.

United States (BBC America, 20th-24th July)

* BBC America have provided an Inside Look video for the series. Details on the series that they produced were covered by Pop Culture Zoo
* SF Universe carry an interview with John Barrowman; they also have an article of
'fun facts' about Torchwood. Another interview with John Barrowman from the Chicago Tribune, whilst Eve Myles was the subject of Wired.

Canada (SPACE, 20th-24th July)

* Channel Canada report that the SPACE channel will broadcast the five-part series on consecutive days from the 20th July, and will be followed on the Saturday by the Canadian premiere of Planet of the Dead.

Australia (UKTV, date unknown)
Trailer 1 Trailer 2
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

Ten 'Torchwood' teasers

It.
It is.
It is coming.
It is coming... back.

The third series of Torchwood finally airs on BBC One next week as an explosive, five-consecutive-days event broadcast. To celebrate, we're going Torchwood-crazy this week on Tube Talk - as well as hints on what to expect from Children Of Earth, we'll also be bringing you exclusive interviews with the returning cast. (If you're not a fan of Torchwood, you may want to deflect your allegiance from Tube Talk to our downmarket sister blog Soap Scoop for this week only).

To kick off Torchwood Week, we present ten tantalising teasers (don't you just love alliteration?) about the first episode, which airs next Monday at 9pm.
Spoiler
1. Children Of Earth has a slightly terrifying premise: all of the children in the world stop dead at exactly the same moment and begin uttering the message "We are coming." All of them. And all in English, too.

2. The "we" is revealed to be an alien race dubbed The 456, not heard from in over 40 years.

3. In addition to the children, there is one other person reciting the message - a psychiatric patient named Timothy White. What connection does this have to an incident in Scotland in 1965?

4. Captain Jack and Ianto are referred to as "a couple" on more than one occasion.

5. As the episode begins, Rhys is looking at new houses for him and Gwen. But by the end of the episode, she has a very large secret she needs to share with him.

6. Both Owen and Tosh make appearances.

7. We meet Ianto's sister, nephew and niece. How will he respond to confirmed sightings of him on a dinner date with a man?

8. We also meet Captain Jack's.... daughter. Yes, daughter.

9. By the end of the episode, both Jack and Gwen have something inside them. Both items will change their worlds forever.

10. The ending to the first episode is probably one of the most compelling cliffhangers the Whoniverse has ever seen.
Website: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a162535/ ... asers.html
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Torchwood on the Radio

Post by Blowfeld »

Torchwood comes to BBC Radio Four this week with a specially commissioned series of three plays occupying the long running Afternoon Play slot.

Starring John Barrowman, Eve Myles and Gareth David-Lloydthe 45 minute plays will be transmitted at 2.15pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Once transmitted they can be downloaded from the BBC iPlayer for a period of 1 week.

Asylum Wednesday 1 July 2009
When PC Andy arrests a teenager for shoplifting, he thinks it is going to be a routine case. Then he sees the weapon she is carrying and decides to call in the Torchwood team.
By Anita Sullivan.

Golden Age Thursday 2 July 2009
The Torchwood team are led to Delhi on the trail of a dangerous energy field.
By James Goss.

The Dead Line Friday 3 July 2009
When a Cardiff hospital is inundated with patients who have fallen into coma – like trances, Torchwood move in to investigate.
By Phil Ford.
CaptainLewis
Agent
O.H.M.S.S.
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

Post by CaptainLewis »

I thought Torchwood was amazing! I thought it has really good acting and the story was amazing. The creepy thing is I could imagine the government doing that, in real life.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

TORCHWOOD UK OVERNIGHT RATINGSChildren of Earth
BBC One BBC HD BBC Three iPlayer AI
Day One 5.9 million - 25.8% share 97,000 214,000 tbc 88
Day Two 5.6 million - 24.0% share 82,000 282,000 tbc 90
Day Three 5.9 million - 27.1% share 105,000 225,000 tbc 90
Day Four 6.2 million - 27.0% share 82,000 232,000 tbc 91
Day Five 5.8 million -26.7% share 95,000 333,000 tbc 90
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Watching the reruns on BBC 3 at the moment. I'm only up to Day 2 (they are showing it weekly, not daily).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Is it safe to talk about this?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Barrowman signed up for Torchwood 4
Monday, November 30, 2009 - Posted by Marcus
John Barrowman has said he expects Torchwood is to return for a fourth series as a full 13 episode run. Speaking on Steve Wright in the Afternoon on BBC Radio 2, Barrowman confirmed he was signed up for the long rumoured return, although a production date has yet to be finalised.

He said there are currently no plans for Captain Jack meet to Matt Smith's Doctor in Doctor Who
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I don't see how it can return without diminishing the impact of Children of Earth's ending.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig