Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

The spy who painted me

Post by Blowfeld »

The spy who painted me

Under levels of secrecy of which her character, M, would be proud, Dame Judi Dench is said to be posing for a new portrait.

The painting is understood to be a gift from Eon, the producers of the James Bond films, to say “thank you” for her role in Skyfall, for which she has been nominated for a Bafta award.

Eon refuses to say which artist it has entrusted with the mission. Let’s hope that the end result is more flattering than Paul Emsley’s portrait of the Duchess of Cambridge.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

Re: The spy who painted me

Post by bjamesobrad »

Curious...? Did EON do anything special for any of the 007 actors when they left??? We all know what they did for Pierce, a big ol' F*ck You!!! The man serves them loyaly and brings in the $ for them in 4 successfull films and they give Dench a thank you gift??? :cuss:
I am guessing Connery never recieved anything other than the huge cheque for DAF.
Lazenby most likely didn't recieve anything.
Moore??? I hope so he gave them 7 successfull films and left on good terms.
What about Dalton?
_./// If and when craig retires it will be interesting to see whats done for him??? Rename Pinewood Studios to honour Craig???Or maybe the credit sequence will say Albert R. Broccoli's Eon Productions present ______ as Ian Fleming and Daniel Craig's James Bond 007 _.///

Someone needs to stop the evil Dr. Green Vegetable
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Bleagh.. Judi Dench was far too overrated as 'M' anyway, who I could only tolerate as an ANTAGONIST to Pierce Brosnan's Bond who at least got to be left alone to do his thing HIS WAY as if to spite her rigid, autocratic posturing. This absurd Mommy-issue bull$#!+ love-in of the Craig-Bonds only served to emasculate the whole concept of James Bond as a Heroic Role Model by making it ALL ABOUT DENCH. Meh.

But seriously, if any 'M' actor deserved better in comparison, it was Bernard Lee who made the role his own in 11 movies, didn't get the annoying attention-seeking soundbites that Dench was showered with, got almost no critical acclaim (as far as I can gather from the archive reviews), and was all the better for it just by doing his job without any pretensions or fanfare. So much that any extra screen-time Lee's definitive M got near the end with additional briefing scenes (TMWTGG, TSWLM, MR) was a hell of a lot more welcome than making a whole d**n movie ALL ABOUT DENCH. Sad.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Yes Judi Dench needs to be "hounored" for her absolutely "fascinating" new "M" character created in Daniel Craig's "riveting""modern" take on "Bond".
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Eon has given gifts in the past. Usually lump sums of cash, Daniel got a bonus use after CR, Pierce was supposed to have received a bonus after GE and DAD maybe, of course when I tried to look it up I can't find the stories aside from my memory of it I can't prove it
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer