Skyfall at the US box office.

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: Skyfall at the US box office.

Post by stockslivevan »

Worldwide it is now the 8th biggest grossing film, and looks to settle at #007. Not bad. If you asked me how much it might make back on September I might have told you 800 mil was the max.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

stockslivevan wrote:Worldwide it is now the 8th biggest grossing film, and looks to settle at #007. Not bad. If you asked me how much it might make back on September I might have told you 800 mil was the max.
I agree, bu twhere it settles sill depend on the Hobbit, which could break $1 Billion before China, it could still hit 007 with Hobbit at 006.
............ :007:
Lilad
New Recruit

Post by Lilad »

There are some people here who have serious problems... :shock:

Just take a look :

"Sadly, the trend in Hollywood movies these days is towards pretentiousness and a desire to psychoanayse their heroes. It makes people who have never set foot in an arthouse cinema feel intelligent for watching it."

"Because the movie-going public at large has always been very, very stupid."

"I don't think the people who liked Skyfall are stupid - they just don't have any taste."

Why do you always find something to critic the Craig area ? It's really pathetic...

As hard it may be for YOU to believe, Craig is turning out as a popular Bond.

IMDB : 8/10

rottentomatoes : 92%

Box office : 1 billion worldwide

What can you say to that ?! :^o):

Just one last thing, can you tell me the reason of this website ?! Boycotting Craig's movie ? It's a failure. :up:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Lilad wrote: As hard it may be for YOU to believe, Craig is turning out as a popular Bond.

IMDB : 8/10

rottentomatoes : 92%

Box office : 1 billion worldwide

What can you say to that ?! :^o):
It doesn't mean we have to like it. You see, hard as it may be for you to believe, some people actually form their own opinions, instead of simply going along with what the majority says.
Lilad wrote:Just one last thing, can you tell me the reason of this website ?!
To give those of us who disagree with the majority a place to meet like-minded individuals, and to express our opinions freely without being stomped on by the Consensus Police.

PS: do you know Craig>All? Your post is remarkably similar to his last 27 posts. Almost word-for-word in fact.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

"Intruder alert......warning.........danger Will Robinson...........intruder alert" :!: :lol: This site is our fortress of solitude against the desecration by Eon of the traditional Bond character. This is a well documented counter think tank to Broccoli's creation.
Lilad
New Recruit

Post by Lilad »

"It doesn't mean we have to like it. You see, hard as it may be for you to believe, some people actually form their own opinions, instead of simply going along with what the majority says."

So why telling that :-> : "Because the movie-going public at large has always been very, very stupid."

"I don't think the people who liked Skyfall are stupid - they just don't have any taste.""

This forum does not hold the absolute truth, so be respectful.

"PS: do you know Craig>All? Your post is remarkably similar to his last 27 posts. Almost word-for-word in fact."

I copy and paste, it's not a shame, i'm not confortable with english.
Lilad
New Recruit

Post by Lilad »

"I don't think the people who liked Skyfall are stupid - they just don't have any taste."

Die Another Day is considered like the worst bond film ever made, so i think they have taste :wink:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

To an extent he is right, it's kind of silly to throw a sweeping statement such as "they lack taste", "they're just pretentious", "audiences are clearly idiots" and such at anyone that likes the film. The answer to why audiences enjoy Skyfall is not because "they don't have good taste", but rather "they have different taste". It's clear Skyfall is not the kind of Bond film that appeals to you, but that doesn't mean it's actually a bad film and that everyone is deluded. Not that simple. How different are you compared to those who don't enjoy the Roger Moore films? I'm not talking about idiot trolls who trash Roger Moore on the internet, rather the folks who genuinely do not find any enjoyment with his interpretation, believe he was too far astray from Fleming and that his films were too OTT, for their tastes. Much like how Skyfall for many of you is too dour, talky and such, for your tastes. Dislike the film all you like, I don't discourage that.

I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of throwing sweeping statements at those who enjoy the Pierce Brosnan films. I've grown away from that. I'll throw in a harmless joke on occasion, but that's it. So, is it possible to like Skyfall without being an "idiot"?
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I've re-watched some movies I like in the 1990s big movies names you'd known and too many I can't believe I liked them and thought they were good. Some of what makes movies work I think is the times they are released for, great movies rise about it and are timeless. Star Wars, Indian Jones, Wizard of OZ, and for me Bond movies, I think what drives people going to see the movies isn't and indictment or validation of a film, IMO its about experiencing the movie in a theaters sometimes just having a movie of a certain type to go to.

I never thought I'd see Bond movie hit a billion and it might not again for some time, or maybe it the new normal for whoever is Bond. I wish there had been Bond movie I'd care to have gone to for the 50th, they wasn't but its not a big deal to me, Bond is bigger than one man, or producer(s).
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Lilad wrote: This forum does not hold the absolute truth, so be respectful.
Nope. A forum is not a democracy and we're under no obligation to be respectful to anyone. If you don't like it, leave.
Lilad wrote:"PS: do you know Craig>All? Your post is remarkably similar to his last 27 posts. Almost word-for-word in fact."

I copy and paste, it's not a shame, i'm not confortable with english.
Does that include copying and pasting his IP address?
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I said "I don't think the people who liked Skyfall are stupid - they just don't have any taste.". It was supposed to be a joke FFS. Apologies for making a joke. :x

Also why is it that some of us who do not like Daniel Craig as Bond have set up a forum to discuss why we don't like him instead of trolling and arguing on the Bond forums (a nice thing to do I think) yet lots of Daniel Craig fans feel the need to log into a forum called DANIELCRAIGSNOTBOND an say"oooh it's made 2 billion dollars you losers you must be on the verge of suicide". Yes we have acknowledged that Skyfall is a success and that the Bond series is dead for the foreseeable future.

The pro-Craigs here are mostly nice, knowledgeable people but please let us have a corner of the internet to let off steam about the Craig era.
Lilad
New Recruit

Post by Lilad »

"I've re-watched some movies I like in the 1990s big movies names you'd known and too many I can't believe I liked them and thought they were good. Some of what makes movies work I think is the times they are released for, great movies rise about it and are timeless. Star Wars, Indian Jones, Wizard of OZ, and for me Bond movies, I think what drives people going to see the movies isn't and indictment or validation of a film, IMO its about experiencing the movie in a theaters sometimes just having a movie of a certain type to go to.

I never thought I'd see Bond movie hit a billion and it might not again for some time, or maybe it the new normal for whoever is Bond. I wish there had been Bond movie I'd care to have gone to for the 50th, they wasn't but its not a big deal to me, Bond is bigger than one man, or producer(s)."

Why always find an explication in order to discredit his succes ?! How insane are you ?!

Go see a psychologist, it's dramatic... :shock:

Last thing, i have a question for the moderator : If i understand, this forum is a place for the few people who do not like the craig area ?

Just take a look at the "Daniel Craig as James Bond" section, i think this it's become a place for Craig's haters.
Lilad
New Recruit

Post by Lilad »

"Nope. A forum is not a democracy and we're under no obligation to be respectful to anyone. If you don't like it, leave."

Did you take your medicine ?! This confirms my impression, some people here have serious problems :skull:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Lilad what do want us to do? Disband the forum and say "yes we were wrong Daniel Craig is brilliant". Do you want to convert everyone in the world to love Daniel Craig' s Bond as much as you do? Do you want to "cure" us?
Lilad
New Recruit

Post by Lilad »

"Lilad what do want us to do? Disband the forum and say "yes we were wrong Daniel Craig is brilliant". Do you want to convert everyone in the world to love Daniel Craig' s Bond as much as you do? Do you want to "cure" us?"

No, It's out of my hands !

I just thing some people here, like Kristatos, need to read this : "The Daniel Craig is not Bond forum provides a haven where people are free to debate the current direction of the Bond franchise in a democratic fashion.

THIS IS NOT A DANIEL CRAIG HATE SITE. Daniel Craig is not the devil, merely a talented actor who we feel was miscast as James Bond."

I do not know if there is a lack of knowledge or a lack of trust here.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Lilad wrote:"Nope. A forum is not a democracy and we're under no obligation to be respectful to anyone. If you don't like it, leave."

Did you take your medicine ?! This confirms my impression, some people here have serious problems :skull:
Arguing with the mods is a pretty good way to get yourself banned on most moderated forums.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

There are some Craig fanatics who have serious problems, that they go around the Internet calling others insane for having a different opinion. The Craig fanatics can say whatever they please, but the people that don't care for him are just supposed to conform and say "Yup, Craig is the best Bond ever!" As much as I dislike Craig, I don't go on pro-Craig forums and rain on everybody's parade with saying negative things like "Craig sucks! You people are all insane for liking him, and should go see a psychologist!" Hell, I even have friends who like Craig as Bond, and we get along just fine and have constructive Bond-related discussions.

I know d*mn well I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but that just further proves my point of how some Craig fanatics are not satisfied until everyone conforms to their way of thinking. The Bond fan base is a very diverse group. I could ask 20 Bond fans to list the Bond films from best to worst, and each would have different reasons as to why they liked certain ones more than others. I don't go by what film critics or other people say, I go by my own personal taste.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Saint 007 wrote:I don't go by what film critics or other people say, I go by my own personal taste.
Exactly. If you liked Skyfall, you should be able to articulate what you liked about it. Box office figures and Rotten Tomatoes scores shouldn't even be a factor, and saying that anyone who disagrees with them is insane is the sort of logic found in totalitarian regimes where people are incarcerated in mental "hospitals" for questioning official propaganda.
Lilad
New Recruit

Post by Lilad »

"You people are all insane for liking him, and should go see a psychologist!"

I'm not saying that, everoby has his opinion. I'm talking about the people who always find an explication in order to discredit his succes, it's pathetic.

I repeat : THIS IS NOT A DANIEL CRAIG HATE SITE. Daniel Craig is not the devil, merely a talented actor who we feel was miscast as James Bond.

When i read some members, I find it really quite funny.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Lilad wrote:When i read some members, I find it really quite funny.
There are Craig fans that say some pretty ridiculous things too. Take this comment from a Craig fanatic on IMDb for example:
Daniel Craig is THE James Bond for our time and all time. A dark, real hero just like Batman in The Dark Knigt. All heroes should be hyper-realistic and dark, otherwise they just suck. All those previous actors were just fake Bonds. Connery, Moore, Brosnan, all of them will just fall to the ash heap of history, buried under Craig's greatness, they will be forgotten as relics and jokes. The only Bond who matters is Daniel Craig. The James Bond for our time and all time.
And just in case you don't believe me, here's the link to that thread: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1074638/boa ... /209587255

That's just one of the many examples of the ridiculous things that some Craig fans say about classic Bond. While I personally don't care for Craig as Bond, I have nothing against him as an actor. In fact, I generally complain about the Bond producers more than Craig. Although it's upsetting, most of us here will not deny that Craig's Bond films are successful. Yes, there may be times where some of us don't express our views as constructively as we should, but in comparison to some of the other Bond fan sites, the community here is fairly open-minded and easy to get along with, in my opinion.