Skyfall at the US box office.

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: Skyfall at the US box office.

Post by kater23 »

My bias shining through here perhaps, but it seems like we're actually able to express our feelings without going overboard the way that pro-Craigs have-here an elsewhere. Not speaking of Lilad specifically but anyone who's been here for a while knows what I'm talking about.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Lilad wrote:When i read some members, I find it really quite funny.
There are Craig fans that say some pretty ridiculous things too. Take this comment from a Craig fanatic on IMDb for example:
Daniel Craig is THE James Bond for our time and all time. A dark, real hero just like Batman in The Dark Knigt. All heroes should be hyper-realistic and dark, otherwise they just suck. All those previous actors were just fake Bonds. Connery, Moore, Brosnan, all of them will just fall to the ash heap of history, buried under Craig's greatness, they will be forgotten as relics and jokes. The only Bond who matters is Daniel Craig. The James Bond for our time and all time.
And just in case you don't believe me, here's the link to that thread: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1074638/boa ... /209587255

That's just one of the many examples of the ridiculous things that some Craig fans say about classic Bond. While I personally don't care for Craig as Bond, I have nothing against him as an actor. In fact, I generally complain about the Bond producers more than Craig. Although it's upsetting, most of us here will not deny that Craig's Bond films are successful. Yes, there may be times where some of us don't express our views as constructively as we should, but in comparison to some of the other Bond fan sites, the community here is fairly open-minded and easy to get along with, in my opinion.
That sounds like someone doing a spoof. :lol:
Bring back Bond!
bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

Post by bjamesobrad »

Dr. No wrote:I've re-watched some movies I like in the 1990s big movies names you'd known and too many I can't believe I liked them and thought they were good. Some of what makes movies work I think is the times they are released for, great movies rise about it and are timeless. Star Wars, Indian Jones, Wizard of OZ, and for me Bond movies, I think what drives people going to see the movies isn't and indictment or validation of a film, IMO its about experiencing the movie in a theaters sometimes just having a movie of a certain type to go to.

I never thought I'd see Bond movie hit a billion and it might not again for some time, or maybe it the new normal for whoever is Bond. I wish there had been Bond movie I'd care to have gone to for the 50th, they wasn't but its not a big deal to me, Bond is bigger than one man, or producer(s).
:up:

Very nicely worded. Couldn't have said it better.

I am gonna say it even if I shouldn't because I might sound like an a-hole and might even get in trouble from the site admin. but here it goes...
Lilad your a a!@hole go watch a bloody Bourne movie you tool. I don't think anybody hear should have to put up with your garbage.
I only write this way because you think it's acceptable to write about other people this way. :cuss:
At least people like stockslivevan and the sweeeney are decent people who can write to the anti-craig era people in a decent manner.
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Probably pointless arguing with Lilad now that he's been banished back under his bridge, but i stand by the comment that we are not a hate site. There is very little personal abuse directed at Craig here, and what there is is just name-calling. I can't recall anyone here ever wishing any personal harm to come to him or anything like that.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

A wise man once said this:

"No,there is not a thin line between love and hate..there is,in fact, a Great Wall Of China with sentries posted every 20 feet between love and hate"

Something to think about.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:Probably pointless arguing with Lilad now that he's been banished back under his bridge, but i stand by the comment that we are not a hate site. There is very little personal abuse directed at Craig here, and what there is is just name-calling. I can't recall anyone here ever wishing any personal harm to come to him or anything like that.
You mean if Satsuki Mitchell launches a rotten tomato at Cr-egg during the filming of Bond 24 we cannot laugh with glee here? :lol: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/ ... 68x809.jpg
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

You *know* Satsuki is glad to be rid of Craig's cheating a$$.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I'd like to hear her side of the store unedited. :evil:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I think Lilad is wrong to call this site a Craig hate site. I do stupid jokes about Craig and say he is not a good actor because I am told by the Craig fans and critics that the classic Bond series is cheesey and rubbish and that the great actor Daniel Craig has saved Bond. But he is not a great actor and does not do much outside of Bond and I'm not embarrassed to like the old Bond movies and feel Craig is overrated.

I wish Craig success in his life and if he made a good movie I'd enjoy him in it. I think Kristatos enjoyed Craig's Rackham in Tintin and FormerBondfan feels Craig would be great in StarTrek. So we are not Craig haters.

And sir Roger, Brosnan etc are abused on the general Bond forums so I will criticize Craig's ghastly Bond.

So Lilad you are a poltroon. :evil:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I think Kristatos enjoyed Craig's Rackham in Tintin and FormerBondfan feels Craig would be great in StarTrek. So we are not Craig haters.
Whether it's the old Trek universe we know or the alternate timeline under Abrams, I don't care. A TV series or film from any of these universe should be fine for DC.
And sir Roger, Brosnan etc are abused on the general Bond forums so I will criticize Craig's ghastly Bond.
Would those Pro-Craig minions rather watch this....

[video][/video]

.....over this?

[video][/video]
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Over that film? Yes.

Give me THE FOURTH PROTOCOL, THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR, THE MATADOR, and THE GHOST WRITER instead.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Evelyn is an awful movie.Overwrought is a good way to describe it.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

stockslivevan wrote:Give me THE FOURTH PROTOCOL, THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR, THE MATADOR, and THE GHOST WRITER instead.
I own all of them except Fourth Protocol, which I still need to see.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: I wish Craig success in his life and if he made a good movie I'd enjoy him in it. I think Kristatos enjoyed Craig's Rackham in Tintin and FormerBondfan feels Craig would be great in StarTrek. So we are not Craig haters.
Yes, I've enjoyed quite a few of Craig's non-Bond performances. I even thought he was good in Cowboys and Aliens, though the film itself was unmemorable. The site is called "Daniel Craig is not Bond", not "Daniel Craig is a terrible human being who deserves to die".
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: I wish Craig success in his life and if he made a good movie I'd enjoy him in it. I think Kristatos enjoyed Craig's Rackham in Tintin and FormerBondfan feels Craig would be great in StarTrek. So we are not Craig haters.
Yes, I've enjoyed quite a few of Craig's non-Bond performances. I even thought he was good in Cowboys and Aliens, though the film itself was unmemorable. The site is called "Daniel Craig is not Bond", not "Daniel Craig is a terrible human being who deserves to die".
:lol:

I've not seen C&A yet, but from the bad reviews I've read, I've been in no rush to watch it. As for Dragon Tattoo, i found it very boring and had to turn it off after about 40 minutes. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of Craig's movies outside of Bond.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

I'm actually surprised that they're going ahead with making the movie of the second Dragon Tattoo movie, since the first wasn't exactly a hit. Plus, it ws pretty much a scene for scene remake of the Swedish language film.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

kater23 wrote:I'm actually surprised that they're going ahead with making the movie of the second Dragon Tattoo movie, since the first wasn't exactly a hit. Plus, it ws pretty much a scene for scene remake of the Swedish language film.
Well they need to do something with it. Nobody made money on it despite all the lofty predictions the sequels need to be filmed back to back to help cut the cost and maybe recast. They could drop it all together and come back to it in a few years rebooting the reboot -to a worse result I'd imagine.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Well, there was one change to the plot-and one that's kinda important to the plot..but people who haven't read the books probably won't care.I did,though.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote: I've not seen C&A yet, but from the bad reviews I've read, I've been in no rush to watch it.
I wouldn't say it was a bad film exactly, but I wouldn't recommend paying money to see it, as I did. It's one of those films that I enjoyed enough when I was watching it, but the memory of which had all but evaporated by the time I got home from the cinema. That's not a reflection on the cast, though, who did the best they could with the material they were given.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It's a loathsome Cr-egg flop. AVOID it at all costs. I watched it for free and it was dread awful.