Skyfall = Bond is dead

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Skyfall = Bond is dead

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
The Sweeney wrote: Bond looking cruel is emphasised throughout all the books.
That's only half the truth. The usual description of him is that he is movie-star handsome, but rather cruel around the mouth. I think that description fits Connery, Dalton and Brosnan. The others, not so much.
Sean and George have a Cary Grant look. With a mustache, Tim looks like David Niven. As for Pierce, he was compared to the likes of Clark Gable and Cary Grant at the start of his career.
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

It's funny the way the pro-Craigers try to make out he's the Bond of the books. You think Ian Fleming was thinking of a Daniel Craig type as he rattled those books out at GE, the sun setting in the distance? Really? I think it's just a sign of the times that wit and charm don't seem to count for much these days.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

The Sweeney wrote:
Mazer Rackham wrote:Off topic.
Sweeney/Jetters do you think this Craig reboot makes his previous two irrelevant?
Almost, yes. Had this film followed CR then it would have made more sense, but I can see the need for QoS to wrap up Bond's unfinished business with `Quantum' (as much as I hate the concept of this organisation, and its naff name).

Skyfall felt more of a reboot in many ways than CR did. This should really have followed CR, and merged some of the aspects of QoS into it (but not Dan Bradley and his badly edited action sequences.... :lol: )
I thought it took a piss on the first two. I don't think CR or QOS were necessary. As for finishing up the Quantum businesses who gave a f**k? The unfinished business didn't exist until they created it. As far as anybody knew Craig had caught the bad guy while sucking on some lemon drops at the end of CR.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
New Recruit
Favorite Bond Movie: Tomorrow Never Dies, Thunderball, From Russia With Love, The World is Not Enough
Favorite Movies: The Original Star Wars Trilogy

Post by 005 »

If by "Bond is dead" you mean "Little Blonde Elephant Eared Troll is dead," then praise the powers that be! I don't know who that guys keeps pretending to be on screen, but it sure as hell ain't Bond. James Bond hasn't appeared on film since 2002. After Brosnan left, and they horribly, HORRIBLY miscast Daniel Craig for some reason that I STILL can't understand, James Bond HAS been dead. Or at least on hiatus. A hiatus that makes the time between "License to Kill" and "Goldeneye" seem like an afternoon... I mean, 2002 to 2012? That's ten years. A DECADE. An entire decade since James Bond 007 has appeared on screen in a new picture.

A friend of mine mentioned that there will be two more bowel movements starring Daniel Craig, mentioning that "they'll have two more chances to get it right." But that's impossible. As long as Craig keeps pouting on screen, they'll NEVER GET IT RIGHT.

And honestly, if Craig had any decency, he would have refused the role. Pierce Brosnan was offered the role of 007 after the production crew met him when his then-wife was in "The Spy Who Loved Me." But Brosnan actually had the decency to turn it down, saying that he wasn't right for the role because he was too young, only taking the role many years later. Craig is wrong for the role for a thousand different reasons, primarily his appearance. He should have taken one look in the mirror and said "no."
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

005 wrote:After Brosnan left, and they horribly, HORRIBLY miscast Daniel Craig for some reason that I STILL can't understand, James Bond HAS been dead.
Bond is worse than dead. He is zombie now who just won't stop until he spreads the virus throughout the entire world.

[video][/video]
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

005 wrote:Pierce Brosnan was offered the role of 007 after the production crew met him when his then-wife was in "The Spy Who Loved Me."
That was FYEO.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

005 wrote:If by "Bond is dead" you mean "Little Blonde Elephant Eared Troll is dead," then praise the powers that be! I don't know who that guys keeps pretending to be on screen, but it sure as hell ain't Bond. James Bond hasn't appeared on film since 2002. After Brosnan left, and they horribly, HORRIBLY miscast Daniel Craig for some reason that I STILL can't understand, James Bond HAS been dead. Or at least on hiatus. A hiatus that makes the time between "License to Kill" and "Goldeneye" seem like an afternoon... I mean, 2002 to 2012? That's ten years. A DECADE. An entire decade since James Bond 007 has appeared on screen in a new picture.

A friend of mine mentioned that there will be two more bowel movements starring Daniel Craig, mentioning that "they'll have two more chances to get it right." But that's impossible. As long as Craig keeps pouting on screen, they'll NEVER GET IT RIGHT.

And honestly, if Craig had any decency, he would have refused the role. Pierce Brosnan was offered the role of 007 after the production crew met him when his then-wife was in "The Spy Who Loved Me." But Brosnan actually had the decency to turn it down, saying that he wasn't right for the role because he was too young, only taking the role many years later. Craig is wrong for the role for a thousand different reasons, primarily his appearance. He should have taken one look in the mirror and said "no."
Its funny you talk about an hiatus, because that's how I see Brosnan's tenure. The franchise ended in 1989 with LTK, then started again in 2006 with CR. That was a very long period to wait for the next Bond movie.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

GoldenEye was the last Bond film that I thoroughly enjoyed, and it was the last Bond film that Albert Broccoli had control over. The films to follow I've personally found to be only somewhat satisfying, or just terrible. So the Bond series hasn't been very fun and enjoyable for me in a long time, and by the way things are currently going, it will continue to be that way for quite a while.
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

The Saint 007 wrote:GoldenEye was the last Bond film that I thoroughly enjoyed, and it was the last Bond film that Albert Broccoli had control over. The films to follow I've personally found to be only somewhat satisfying, or just terrible. So the Bond series hasn't been very fun and enjoyable for me in a long time, and by the way things are currently going, it will continue to be that way for quite a while.
There was definitely something not right about the series anymore when Barbara took over from Cubby. The loss of regulars like Richard Maibaum, John Barry, Derek Meddings etc didn't help I suppose.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The Sweeney wrote: Its funny you talk about an hiatus, because that's how I see Brosnan's tenure. The franchise ended in 1989 with LTK, then started again in 2006 with CR. That was a very long period to wait for the next Bond movie.
someone I've know all my life said it was like living through Roger Moore all over again.
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Sweeney wrote:
005 wrote:If by "Bond is dead" you mean "Little Blonde Elephant Eared Troll is dead," then praise the powers that be! I don't know who that guys keeps pretending to be on screen, but it sure as hell ain't Bond. James Bond hasn't appeared on film since 2002. After Brosnan left, and they horribly, HORRIBLY miscast Daniel Craig for some reason that I STILL can't understand, James Bond HAS been dead. Or at least on hiatus. A hiatus that makes the time between "License to Kill" and "Goldeneye" seem like an afternoon... I mean, 2002 to 2012? That's ten years. A DECADE. An entire decade since James Bond 007 has appeared on screen in a new picture.

Its funny you talk about an hiatus, because that's how I see Brosnan's tenure. The franchise ended in 1989 with LTK, then started again in 2006 with CR. That was a very long period to wait for the next Bond movie.
Two more bowel movements with Cr-egg :!: Priceless 005.........priceless......give us more quips :!: :cheers: