Skyfall box office

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Skyfall box office

Post by bjmdds »

16 pounds for 1 ticket? How much is that USD?
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

bjmdds wrote:16 pounds for 1 ticket? How much is that USD?
About $25. Absolute rip off.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Holy crap! :shock: You could buy the movie and a new blu-ray player for one night at the movies! Broke ass guy talking but d**n
No wonder Skyfall shattered records :shock: :lol:
............ :007:
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

£16 for just one ticket? Bloody hell, mine only cost £6.75, but if I were told i'd have to pay £16 to see SF, I would have stayed home and watched TLD on DVD instead.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

The Sweeney wrote:
Dr. No wrote:Actually its not running ahead of every where. Guess I posted this to the wrong thread.

Kind of funny they are bragging about beating their own records not that they shouldn't its just its not going to beat potter, beating batman and whatever the other big movie was is impressive. I just love the ticker tape parade mentality the Bond people have when they break their own records DAD, TND, GE, TWINE, CR, QOS, all the biggest and best , beating records, while nothing can touch Seans record but lets not mention that, :wink:

out of curiosity what is the average ticket price in the UK? $32 million seems kind of small do you guys get the movies cheaper than we do?
Odeon Leicester Square cost me £16. Total waste of money, as its a crap cinema. I don't how they get away with having such a crappy cinema in the heart of London, and charge ridiculous prices.

Vue in Portsmouth is a far better cinema, ticket prices vary from about £9 for standard to £12 for VIP seats.
It's om Leicester Sqaure so all the prices are inflated. A can of coke costs about £5 there. :D
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Sweeney wrote:
bjmdds wrote:16 pounds for 1 ticket? How much is that USD?
About $25. Absolute rip off.
ONE ticket? :x It's $14.00 USD here in NYC and I thought that was a rip off. It's $19.00 USD in IMAX. Did you see it in IMAX at least? If not, how much more is that? :shock: You took your good wife to this film twice and donated $100.00 to Eon's Keep Danielle Cr-egg as Bond charity event telethon? :shock: You wonder my avatar has radically changed? It's madness worldwide now :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Holy crap! :shock: You could buy the movie and a new blu-ray player for one night at the movies! Broke ass guy talking but d**n
No wonder Skyfall shattered records :shock: :lol:
Yeah, I'd be interested to see an updated version of this graph with QOS and SF included, once the latter concludes its theatrical run.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

£16?, bloody hell, a cinema ticket up My way's 5-6 pound max, that's almost the price you pay for watching a film in 3d, why so expensive?, it's not the olympics, there should be a standard price everywhere, you pretty much paid the price for a dvd sweeney, you should've said I have a website dedicated to bond and I'm here to review this and they might've given you a discount (not that I'm for skyfall or craig and eon etc) but they should've halved your ticket regardless, cinema seems to be getting more and more expensive these days, no wonder less people are going then they used to, cheaper to wait a few months and either watch on demand or just buy or rent the dvd.

I really hope the ticket price for the hobbit won't be as high as this, I want to watch that but I don't have the money (still looking for work, unfortunately still unemployed almost 4 years, despite having all the experience and qualifications needed can't find anything not even xmas work :( , costs Me an arm and a leg just to go to the pub atm with family or buy anything).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Four years and no work Shaken? What is your country doing about this?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Four years and no work Shaken? What is your country doing about this?
Nothing. We have a conservative government, so their solution is to cut taxes on the rich and wait for the wealth to trickle down. We've been waiting 30 years now....
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Kristatos wrote: Yeah, I'd be interested to see an updated version of this graph with QOS and SF included, once the latter concludes its theatrical run.
Actually, Wikipedia now has adjusted worldwide figures for all the Bond films, including QOS. Dividing CR's tickets by its gross and then multiplying the figure by QOS's gross gives a figure of 82.58 million tickets sold, compared to CR's 90.29. This is only ever going to be a rough estimate, due to fluctuating exchange rates etc, but it points to QOS selling nearly 8 million fewer tickets worldwide than CR, which is not as big a drop as I would have expected, and certainly less than it deserved.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Skyfall opened with £20,180,369, slight more that I'd guessed, I thought Sunday would drop more (instead it held very well), a very strong opener and what should be expected from the UK. Just looking at it, I think the usual crowed came out for the opener I'm guessing a little over 3m tickets sold, which is about on par with increase CR to QOS had.

Screen count and theater count played the difference, however the screen count was probably the biggest assist, without Imax it's be a 18 to 19m opener.

Got a few questions I'm waiting on to know more.

Last part of the round up was slightly hidden,

Code: Select all

Brazil 	10/26/12 	$6,500,000 	11/7/08 	$2,177,002
France 	10/24/12 	$9,100,000 	10/31/08 	$10,620,181
Russia 	10/25/12 	$8,600,000 	11/6/08 	$9,669,367
South Korea 	10/26/12 	$6,100,000 11/5/08 	$3,338,347
Gained in two markets and lost in two, love the PR -it's all in the in column baby!
Sure it's up by $5m total but it should be more with inflation, etc.
Brazil is going to be a nice littler earner it wasn't four years ago, South Korea might do a little better as well, the other markets not holding for the opener means a lot fewer tickets were sold there, if those markets can hold next weekend no big deal but they probably have the standard drop.

Skyfall is going to be a big movie we always knew it was right now we are gauging the scope of it.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Which how much they pay for tickets Skyfall better be number 1 in the UK
............ :007:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Honestly I am surprised it wasn't more, everything is Bond nuts some sort of strange enchantment to see the newest Bond over the holidays. That nasty German the Pied Piper of Hamelin has nothing on 007.

Sure only 10 or 12 million out of 64 million who go still it makes you wonder. I think they will be there for Tolkien too, goes to show how much of a bullet they dodged in 2008 when Harry Potter postponed, the choice would have caused the British people to go haywire.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Mazer Rackham wrote:Skyfall is going to be a big movie we always knew it was right now we are gauging the scope of it.
If this is the case with the rest of the world (especially in the US), then there's no point of cheering for James Bond anymore when the traditional Bond returns (unless the freaks & weirdos are summoned first). We got Man of Steel and the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Films. And Pierce's upcoming films (even they may not be blockbusters), of course.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Honestly there wasn't away it wouldn't make at least $400 million unless it went head to head with a blockbuster. England is the franchises biggest supporters, and why the Royal Family has to acknowledge the series.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Blowfeld wrote:Honestly there wasn't away it wouldn't make at least $400 million unless it went head to head with a blockbuster. England is the franchises biggest supporters, and why the Royal Family has to acknowledge the series.
Blockbusters like The Avengers, HP7.2, Rises, Dark Knight all made big numbers on the day of release worldwide. Bond is British so it makes sense for Skyfall to gross that high in the UK. But DC's third Bond failed to HP7.2's opening weekend's gross.