Skyfall Discussion (spoilers allowed)

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Re: Skyfall Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Post by Barry Niven »

Blowfeld wrote::shock: QOS Elvis does not rank?!?

MGW recently talked about how there people upset with Pierce because it was seen as going back to the Connery model. I don't know who these people were, of course MGW's recollection is not dependable, he lied under oath in a law suit over the Bond rights in the 1990s, last year he went on about Bond being a antihero :shock: directly contradicting the history of Bond pre 2006.
THAT was the QOS flunky's name? If not for referencing it on IMDB, I'd have never known since they never said his name in the entire movie. All the same, "Elvis" sucked because he didn't DO ANYTHING except get tripped down the stairs by Fields so his pathetic toupee could fall off, and get blown up by the "spectacular" (re. PRETENTIOUS) slow-motion explosion while his cowardly boss Green ran away during the final "battle".

As for MGW's revisionist quotes, I've pretty much lost what little respect I had for the man for trying to help run the series in the 1980s as an unremarkable but efficient facilitator in his role of Cubby's co-producer and Richard Maibaum's co-writer. Without any of the Old Guard to reign him in, MGW has apparently been reduced to a flip-flopping, yes-man puppet for Babs. Disappointing, but not that surprising.
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

Post by Glorious England »

MGW according to rumours, suffers from Alzheimers.. if that is true, the poor bloke probably doesnt even know what time of day it is anymore.

also, if those rumours are true, and i think they may be as he looks VERY confused on the documentary videos done lately, It also shows what a sick, twisted evil little c :cuss: t Baboring Boiled Vegetable is... controlling him and using his illness to ensure he will say whatever she says.

they BOTH need to be removed from the positions of Producer and be replaced by David Wilson and John Glenn. its the Only way Bond stands a chance of coming back... or even surviving the inevitable media crash thats on the way.
God Save The Queen.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Glorious England wrote:MGW according to rumours, suffers from Alzheimers.. if that is true, the poor bloke probably doesnt even know what time of day it is anymore.

also, if those rumours are true, and i think they may be as he looks VERY confused on the documentary videos done lately, It also shows what a sick, twisted evil little c :cuss: t Baboring Boiled Vegetable is... controlling him and using his illness to ensure he will say whatever she says.

they BOTH need to be removed from the positions of Producer and be replaced by David Wilson and John Glenn. its the Only way Bond stands a chance of coming back... or even surviving the inevitable media crash thats on the way.
Well said, Glorious England!! My exact sentiments to be honest. The thing is... Baboring Boiled Vegetable will keep ruining the Bond films because she a bloody feminist, an evil moneymaker. I wonder if she gets to a position in the UN, then I would be shouting... "God Save Us All!!".
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Glorious England wrote:MGW according to rumours, suffers from Alzheimers.. if that is true, the poor bloke probably doesnt even know what time of day it is anymore.

But MGW wanted to reboot as long ago as TLD, so I'm not sure the "senile old man manipulated by his half-sister" theory really holds water. It seems a little reductionist to put all the blame on one person.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

EON has always been a collective unit of ONE..........Broccoli and Saltzman were the dynamic duo with 2 heads in one thought and now the green vegetable and her hibernating sidekick have become judge and jury, with Boar-bara calling all of the shots herself. SHE must go. Sony should buy her out at once :!:
Glorious England
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: DR No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me, For Your Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Goldeneye, Tommorow Never Dies.
Favorite Movies: Too Many to List... lets just say anyhting over the top, comic book like, and very manly with lots of action and great scriptwriting.

perhaps, Kristatos, perhaps, to be hounest, im not sure what to beleive anymore.. its clear on the videos he isnt well, clearly tired, confused, in pain..., hence why i belived those rumours, i dont know whats going on any more than the rest of us,. either way, bond did NOT need a reboot,at all, and they certainly didnt need to change the charachter into a football hooligan/ traitor.

all i really know is, i rank the TND as the last Cannonical Bond Film, and Everything or Nothing (game) as the last cannonical bond media.

if you ask me, it needs to change hands, totally, New Producers (David Wilson and John Glen), new PUBLISHERS (Warner Brothers), New Writers (Bruce Fierstein, Paul Dini and Bruce Timm) and a total new cast. it cannot continue under MGM and its current producers, as, no matter who is responsible or what the truth is, they are simply to incompetant to continue, and this current route will only lead to the death of the franchise.
Last edited by Glorious England on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Save The Queen.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

You're right, mate. I couldn't agree more. The last Bond film as you said is TND, and the last game was EON. They completely KILLED OFF Bond afterwards, and invented a traitorous rubbish Jason Bourne clone crossed over with Christopher Nolan's Emo Knight. Come on, even my grandmother is more like Bond than Cr-egg, the green vegetable is really destroying her father's legacy. Nothing will be able to save the franchise UNLESS they disavow the reboot and pick up where they left off with Brosnan's era.
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

I'm curious, Glorious England, who is this John Glenn you propose to be the replacement co-producer of EON? It couldn't possibly be John Glen, the former director of all five of the 1980s Bond movies (For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy, A View to a Kill, The Living Daylights, and Licence to Kill) after he was editor/second-unit director of On Her Majesty's Secret Service, The Spy Who Loved Me, and Moonraker, because Glen must be way too old by now (age 80 last time I checked). I suspect this David Wilson is Michael's son, so I get that one. But I'm not sure if this Glenn fellow is a relation to the elder director Glen.
Glorious England
Lieutenant

actually, it is John Glen! the double N is a typo. sorry for getting his name wrong, i know he is 80, but, i dont think that is too old to be an Executive producer, even if only for 2 or 3 films, as i feel his experience of handling Bond as a director may be what is needed to get the franchise back on track, also, seeing him in a recent interview, he clearly still has some fire left, and a good couple of movies, inside him. when he retires, or the tragic inevitable happens, we can promote another experienced individual from bonds glory days, maybe Bruce Feirstein, into the vacancy left behind. I will deal wit the typo.

David Wilson is indeed the son of Micheal Wilson, and rumour has it, finds the bond seen in CR-QOS-SF to be a "wimp" and a "failure", so having david should result in a more manly portrayal of bond again.
God Save The Queen.
bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

Post by bjamesobrad »

Glorious England wrote:if you ask me, it needs to change hands, totally, New Producers (David Wilson and John Glen), new PUBLISHERS (Warner Brothers), New Writers (Bruce Fierstein, Paul Dini and Bruce Timm) and a total new cast. it cannot continue under MGM and its current producers, as, no matter who is responsible or what the truth is, they are simply to incompetant to continue, and this current route will only lead to the death of the franchise.
Wow Bruce Timm & Paul Dini!!! That's an interesting thought. I never would have thought but I love the idea. I have wanted Timm to do a live action Batman movie forever. Also think Dini and Timm should be the only ones to touch the live action Justice League Movie. But the 2 of them doing a 007 adventure makes perfect sense to me. I have yet to be dissappointed by either of them. But your right, Timm and Dini's loyalty lies with Warner Bros.
:cheers: :!: :!:
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

Post by bjamesobrad »

:cheers:
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
Jedi007
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Jedi007 »

I like Nolan's Batman Trilogy, I don't like Craig as Bond, so I don't know if calling Nolan's version of Batman as emo knight is trolling or not.
BOND sells, NOT CRAIG
The reboot is a risky area, did Eon need to do it? NO. Did this confuse alot of people? YES.
The Bond character will always be anchored in the values of the 60s
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Jedi007 wrote:I like Nolan's Batman Trilogy, I don't like Craig as Bond, so I don't know if calling Nolan's version of Batman as emo knight is trolling or not.
I like the Dark Knight trilogy too. I think the problem is that every franchise is trying to emulate it. It's like c1980 all over again, when the cinemas were full of bad Star Wars knock-offs. Skyfall is The Black Hole, but without the virtue of a John Barry score.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Jedi007 wrote:I like Nolan's Batman Trilogy, I don't like Craig as Bond, so I don't know if calling Nolan's version of Batman as emo knight is trolling or not.
I like the Dark Knight trilogy too. I think the problem is that every franchise is trying to emulate it. It's like c1980 all over again, when the cinemas were full of bad Star Wars knock-offs. Skyfall is The Black Hole, but without the virtue of a John Barry score.
Thing is if Nolan were to make a Bond trilogy he wouldn't be copying his batman series, where Skyfall is eon third attempt at batman begins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

An embarrassing discussion about Skyfall. But, most of people in there are on our side.
http://www.nairaland.com/1234894/why-skyfall-sucked
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

JackJamesBond007 wrote:An embarrassing discussion about Skyfall. But, most of people in there are on our side.
http://www.nairaland.com/1234894/why-skyfall-sucked
I'll have to take your word for that, since most of the comments are incomprehensible.
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Nope, I can't tell who's on what side over there because it's THAT incomprehensible. Like a smaller cheapskate version of those infamous IMDB posts, with the only advantage of having its plug pulled before it became a never-ending, redundantly moronic, colossal waste-of-space. Like IMDB.
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

and as for Bond suddenly being a bad shot .... the bad guy, whatever his name is, kills the pitiful girl (one of the high points of the low movie), and seconds later "Bond" leaps into action, spinning, diving, shooting with a hammerlock, behind his ear, etc. all this to show that Bond is back, and why didn't he do this to save the girl? And who is this totally ineffective, non-scary villain, who's giving the quick eye to "Bond"? As always, I'm glad I didn't pay to see this at the theatre, but waited for DVD.
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

commander0077again wrote:and as for Bond suddenly being a bad shot .... the bad guy, whatever his name is, kills the pitiful girl (one of the high points of the low movie), and seconds later "Bond" leaps into action, spinning, diving, shooting with a hammerlock, behind his ear, etc. all this to show that Bond is back, and why didn't he do this to save the girl? And who is this totally ineffective, non-scary villain, who's giving the quick eye to "Bond"? As always, I'm glad I didn't pay to see this at the theatre, but waited for DVD.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that nonsense at Severine's death. The whole film was extremely pointless as if its two predecessors weren't. Sk-awful is probably the most pointless movie in the franchise and makes Quantum of Solace actually look good, imagine that. Sk-awful was like a film adaptation of four incomplete short stories combined into one, and what do those arty people see in it? "Success". Well, I wish Cubby was alive.