Roger Moore - Skyfall biggest Bond film ever

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Re: Roger Moore - Skyfall biggest Bond film ever

Post by The Sweeney »

stockslivevan wrote:
Bond77 wrote:I interpret Sir Roger's comments to be a demonstration of his loyalty to Cubby Broccoli - a loyalty that continues years after Mr. Broccoli's death.
The same loyalty when he criticized DAD and QOS?
Welcome back Stocks...... :cheers:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Yes hello again Stocks - nice to see you posting on the forum under your own name again. :evil: :evil: :evil:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Yes hello again Stocks - nice to see you posting on the forum under your own name again. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Always nice to see you Dom. Wish you'd visit Bond And Beyond more often. :)
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

stockslivevan wrote:
Bond77 wrote:I interpret Sir Roger's comments to be a demonstration of his loyalty to Cubby Broccoli - a loyalty that continues years after Mr. Broccoli's death.
The same loyalty when he criticized DAD and QOS?
Hi Stocks, I hadn't checked back in a while, and I didn't realize you'd had responded to this post.

I think being loyal doesn't mean you can't be honest. Often former players from sports teams like the Boston Celtics, or the Dallas Cowboys, are hired by the team to do color commentating for their broadcasts after they have retired from playing. These color commentators will say critical things about a player's performance or a coaching decision from time to time, but that doesn't mean their loyalty to the team has diminished.

I think Moore was doing that with DAD and QOS. He was commenting on things that the he felt the producers should get away from because I think he actually is loyal and cares for the well being of the series.

I don't agree with all of his views on Daniel Craig, but I respect his opinion.

Also, I wish you continued success with your website.