Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Daily Mail's Skyfall review

Post by Dr. No »

I don't mean to say I mind Sweeney posting them he's a good guy and someone i respect
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Henry Cavill, Michael Fassbender, and all other handsome profile actors should stay from becoming the next Bond. If the Age of Madness continues, then the Age of Freaks & Weirdos should be a follow up. BJ, are in agreement?

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

I am not at all convinced these reviews matter for repeat viewings. This film is a disturbing take on a Bond film and I think after seeing it once people will not care to spend money to see it again and again. The media superhyped the Oh-bama being up by 6-12 points in polls UNTIL the great debate and people saw him for what he is not, and now have left him quickly in droves so much so that he could very well lose. The same will occur with Bond 23........FBF, do not give up....yet...trust me.......if the minions decide this garbage is what they want, send in every type of weirdo you can find to play the Bond role for it just won't matter any longer.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Not many 5 or 10 star reviews. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:=The same will occur with Bond 23........FBF, do not give up....yet...trust me.......if the minions decide this garbage is what they want, send in every type of weirdo you can find to play the Bond role for it just won't matter any longer.
The weirdo shall be send regardless whether DC leaves or not, and that's only if Bond 23 breaks box office records (worldwide and especially here in the US) and/or receives big American movie awards nominations.

Where is Hellboy when you need him?

In fact, Hellboy films are little more Bond than DC's Bond will ever be.
katied

Post by katied »

I don't really care if the good reviews get posted here..I don't necessarily read all of them, it must be said.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

katied, do you plan to skip Skyfall altogether no matter great the movie is?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:I don't mind the reviews some think we should I don't care to dignify that.
We're not afraid to go against the flow here.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Quote from the Daily Telegraph's review:
Skyfall shakes together familiar elements of the Ian Fleming canon - the cars, the guns, the exotic locales with the dames to match - into a blistering comic book escapade that the old Bond, and one suspects Fleming too, would find altogether alien.
This is a good thing, apparently.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Dr. No wrote:I don't mean to say I mind Sweeney posting them he's a good guy and someone i respect
I think a few negatives ones are bound to crop up soon enough. It's currently showing as 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, but I expect that will change in the next few weeks.

This one from Daily Mail suprised me a bit though, as I don't often remember them going overboard about a Craig Bond like this before -

Yes, it's the best Bond film ever! - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -ever.html
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

More coming in - http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/the- ... tentID=592
Another positive review - http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-10- ... james-bond
And another - http://moviecitynews.com/2012/10/review ... iler-free/
One more - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Skyfall- ... 33554.html
Daily Star on Sunday gave it 5 stars - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/film/view/27 ... d-trailer/

This is getting a liitle freaky now. Not one negative review....... :shock:
katied

Post by katied »

FormerBondFan wrote:katied, do you plan to skip Skyfall altogether no matter great the movie is?

No. And I said I probably wouldn't read any of the reviews..so far I haven't,
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:Quote from the Daily Telegraph's review:
Skyfall shakes together familiar elements of the Ian Fleming canon - the cars, the guns, the exotic locales with the dames to match - into a blistering comic book escapade that the old Bond, and one suspects Fleming too, would find altogether alien.
This is a good thing, apparently.
ALIEN? That's what we have been saying for 7 years now :!: DC looks like he's from another planet any way.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Excuse my disbelieving this is better than Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises, The avengers.

I don't think the question is can they make a decent film, it's can they make a Bond film. Then it goes in to what defines a Bond film which has been defined downward since LTK. Too many reviews are this isn't your daddys Bond OK but does that make it still Bond?

I did say this was their 3rd attempt at making Batman Begins looks like they were more successful this time.
............ :007:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
Dr. No wrote:I don't mind the reviews some think we should I don't care to dignify that.
We're not afraid to go against the flow here.
:lol: its our bread and butter. What I should of said is to me the reviews don't matter one way or they other, I appreciate Sweensters reassurance :lol: but I was upset by someone else coming here to try to start a fight by posting reviews.
Last edited by Dr. No on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Where is Hellboy when you need him? It would be nice if Hellboy 3 was made and ready for release this November combating against Bond 23.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Hellboy why would I want Hellboy feel like I need to go to church just after typing the word Hellboy :lol:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:Hellboy why would I want Hellboy feel like I need to go to church just after typing the word Hellboy :lol:
Everything is preferable over Bond these days.