First Look at Adele’s Cover Art for Skyfall

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

First Look at Adele’s Cover Art for Skyfall

Post by The Sweeney »

At least until we get an official press release, this looks like the biggest proof yet that Adele will be singing the theme song to Skyfall.

Despite a number of her staff confirming the singer-songwriter’s status as the title theme performer for the new James Bond film Skyfall in recent weeks, and even snippets of lyrics being leaked, perhaps the following nugget will convince any hold outs about Adele’s involvement.
Below is the first look at the cover artwork for Adele’s single. Although it is titled ‘Skyfall’, there has been some speculation that the full title for the song will be “Let The Sky Fall”.

http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/09/29/fir ... r-skyfall/
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: First Look at Adele’s Cover Art for Skyfall

Post by Omega »

It looks like James Bond day is the target. There may be screenings in NY too.
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Took a look. I hate it :( I could do better, you could do better its amateur.

I get what you're saying about DAD theme but it was a big hit goes to the adage success don't mean it's good. "Less said about DAD theme the better" and it was the biggest Bond hit since 1985, voted up as a favorite by too many people who in retrospect shouldn't be voting. What hope is there for something truly good when all people care about is the next Macarena.
............ :007:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

So they basically just used the Skyfall teaser poster, and put an image of Adele's face in the background for the cover art? That's pretty lazy to say the least. The cover art for some of the older Bond soundtracks are way better and more inspired than this.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

The Saint 007 wrote:So they basically just used the Skyfall teaser poster, and put an image of Adele's face in the background for the cover art? That's pretty lazy to say the least. The cover art for some of the older Bond soundtracks are way better and more inspired than this.
Isn't the point of cover art to make make something look good?, the old bond film posters got your attention, skyfall looks like a very bad guiness ad with all the black and white, couldn't they have used bond pointing his gun at the villain (in shade) ? & have the title skyfall on the top, better yet call it james bond operation skyfall: an old secret, a deadly foe & bonds life hanging in the balance will he make the ultimate sacrifice for queen and country find out in james bond skyfall where trust will really stretched to the limits.

Not surprised about adele art, it's still bloody lazy.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Greg Haugen
New Recruit

Post by Greg Haugen »

shaken not stirred wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:So they basically just used the Skyfall teaser poster, and put an image of Adele's face in the background for the cover art? That's pretty lazy to say the least. The cover art for some of the older Bond soundtracks are way better and more inspired than this.
Isn't the point of cover art to make make something look good?, the old bond film posters got your attention, skyfall looks like a very bad guiness ad with all the black and white, couldn't they have used bond pointing his gun at the villain (in shade) ? & have the title skyfall on the top, better yet call it james bond operation skyfall: an old secret, a deadly foe & bonds life hanging in the balance will he make the ultimate sacrifice for queen and country find out in james bond skyfall where trust will really stretched to the limits.

Not surprised about adele art, it's still bloody lazy.

The Bond art has been crappy for far too long now. The illustrated posters from the seventies were fantastic but they lost the plot somewhere along the line. I liked the art for the eighties Roger Moore pictures so maybe the rot set in with Licence To Kill when they discarded the work by Bob Peak.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

I thought GoldenEye had some pretty good poster art, and is the best of the modern Bond movie posters. But the last really cool illustrated one was The Living Daylights. The 1980's Roger Moore posters were great as well. One of my personal favourites is this A View To A Kill poster:

This poster is quite bold, since it basically gives away the final climatic fight between Bond and Zorin on the Golden Gate bridge. The great thing about the illustrated posters was that they showed various scenes/characters from the movie, and had catchy tag lines that would get your attention and build excitement for the film. And of course, the artwork was just so inspired and awesome to look at. Some of the poster art was also used for the soundtrack cover art as well, which is far more appealing than these recent ones. It's pretty sad how professionals get paid for lazy/uninspired poster designs, when there are random fans posting some fantastic Bond artwork on the internet that don't make money from it.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

The Saint 007 wrote:I thought GoldenEye had some pretty good poster art, and is the best of the modern Bond movie posters. But the last really cool illustrated one was The Living Daylights
Agree totally.... :cheers:
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

The Sweeney wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:I thought GoldenEye had some pretty good poster art, and is the best of the modern Bond movie posters. But the last really cool illustrated one was The Living Daylights
Agree totally.... :cheers:
Lot's of people agree that The Living Daylights was the last really great illustrated Bond poster. It's colourful, inspired, and captures most of the great moments in the film.

This one is also pretty cool:

Although not illustrated, it still has the same awesome design. It's certainly much nicer looking than some of the recent Bond posters.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Nice illustrations. :up:

LOTR might have the best posters of the last 10 years.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.