Adele’s Skyfall Bond Theme Played in HMV Today

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Adele’s Skyfall Bond Theme Played in HMV Today

Post by The Sweeney »

A close friend of my website has heard the new Skyfall Bond song played in HMV Guildford this morning, performed by Adele.

After speaking to him this evening, he insists it was Adele’s voice he heard on the track, which sounded very much like a Bond tune, with the words `Skyfall’ in the chorus. A worker at HMV Guildford is obviously close friends with someone at Abbey Road studios, who must have had a bootleg copy.

http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/09/21/ade ... hmv-today/
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: Adele’s Skyfall Bond Theme Played in HMV Today

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Was it any good (in the opinion of your friend)?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

HMV has denied it. The guy said on his Twitter feed said that it had the words "sky" and "fall" in the chorus, but not together. He also said that he may have been mistaken. It seems highly unlikely to me that a bootleg CD would be played over the PA in a record store.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Come on already!
............ :007:
The Sweeney
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Was it any good (in the opinion of your friend)?
He said it sounded very good, along the lines of LALD or TLD.

The thing is, he is a massive movie soundtrack geek, so really knows his stuff. He collects CD soundtracks as a hobby, so I wouldn't take his comments lightly, or with a pinch of salt.

He is adamant it was the new Bond song he heard. He even checked Adele's track listings of all her songs afterwards to make sure there are no songs with the words Sky of Fall in them.

I'm guessing someone at HMV had a bootleg version from Abbey Road, played a sample in the Guildford shop, and now HMV are sh!tting themsleves.....
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote: I'm guessing someone at HMV had a bootleg version from Abbey Road, played a sample in the Guildford shop, and now HMV are sh!tting themsleves.....
Sorry, Sween, but that scenario sounds a bit fanciful to me.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Sweeney wrote:A close friend of my website has heard the new Skyfall Bond song played in HMV Guildford this morning, performed by Adele.

After speaking to him this evening, he insists it was Adele’s voice he heard on the track, which sounded very much like a Bond tune, with the words `Skyfall’ in the chorus. A worker at HMV Guildford is obviously close friends with someone at Abbey Road studios, who must have had a bootleg copy.

http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/09/21/ade ... hmv-today/
Sine it's a friend of yours I'll believe it happened exactly as you said. Hopefully it sounds better then their last decade of songs.

Maybe it was being tested out side the studio to see how it sounds and how people react to it. They haven't had a radio hit in 10 years I'd imagine thats a lot of money to them.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote:
The Sweeney wrote: I'm guessing someone at HMV had a bootleg version from Abbey Road, played a sample in the Guildford shop, and now HMV are sh!tting themsleves.....
Sorry, Sween, but that scenario sounds a bit fanciful to me.
I can't see any other scenario, TBH. I doubt a manager of the shop would authorise a playing of the leaked, unauthorised song. It would be more than his job was worth (unless he was thinking of quitting himself).

My mate still could have been mistaken, of course. Let's hope an announcement is made next week to end all this speculation, and also to see if it was the song my mate actually did hear in HMV.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

I heard the rough cut of the song at FBF's recording studio. It was awful. Adele sounded like she was constipated.
katied

Post by katied »

Sweeney, I consider you a friend but...I have a hard time believing this-it s eems like a hoax to me, :cuss:
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:Sweeney, I consider you a friend but...I have a hard time believing this-it s eems like a hoax to me, :cuss:
Sorry katied, but take it from me - its not.

It may be the case that my friend had misheard the lyrics in HMV, or that it wasn't Adele, but as for making up the story, no I haven't made it up, and I'm 100% sure he hasn't either.

If you knew the person like I did, he is as straight as they come. As a TV director in the UK he is renowned for being honest, down-to-earth and totally unpretentious (unlike many of the fellow colleagues he has to work with). :wink:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I don't think the Flying Squad would make this up unlike some members of the Bond community. If its a hoax I don't believe Sweeney is a part of it, if this true then they should be releasing it soon.

I'm reminded of the story of how Barbara became aware of David Arnold while visiting a record store.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

Blowfeld wrote:I don't think the Flying Squad would make this up unlike some members of the Bond community. If its a hoax I don't believe Sweeney is a part of it, if this true then they should be releasing it soon.

I'm reminded of the story of how Barbara became aware of David Arnold while visiting a record store.
Cheers Blowfeld. My mate who heard it is not the type of guy to do this either as a hoax. He is a far too busy man to have times on his hands to invent such a story.

The actual events how they unfolded were -

I received a text from him in the morning saying `Just heard Adele singing Skyfall'. I rang him and asked where he heard it. He said HMV. I told him it was impossible as nothing has been announced or released yet. Once I told him that he was quite surprised (he's not a huge Bond fan who chases up daily news like we do). He was still adamant he heard it though in the shop - about 1 minute. Adele's voice, with the words `Skyfall' and the whole theme sounding very Bondian. And with his obsession to detail on movie soundtracks, I took it seriously (he is like a walking movie trivia encylopedia).

He then posted this comment on his Twitter and Facebook page. Later in the day he rang me, laughing, saying apparently his comments on Twitter have suddenly become breaking news, with different websites talking about it. He thought the whole thing was hilarious, and couldn't believe fans were jumping on the story as much as they had.

On his Facebook update later that evening he commented on this, saying `I think I've just become breaking news without realising it,' and with the fact he knows lots of media `luvvies' (including David Arnold), he got a string of funny replies back from media industry people who know him well, laughing about it too.

I doubt he has even given this a second thought yesterday, as he is not a huge Bond fan, or registered on any Bond forums.. I've been the one defending him since then, as I know its not a hoax, but it does sound like it could have been.

Anyway, let's hope an announcement is made soon.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I don't believe the guy made it up, but I think he was mistaken. I actually saw a link to his Twitter feed and even he didn't seem too sure.
katied

Post by katied »

Kristatos wrote:I don't believe the guy made it up, but I think he was mistaken. I actually saw a link to his Twitter feed and even he didn't seem too sure.

We'll know when the song is officially released,but it seems rather random.
The Sweeney

Post by The Sweeney »

katied wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I don't believe the guy made it up, but I think he was mistaken. I actually saw a link to his Twitter feed and even he didn't seem too sure.

We'll know when the song is officially released,but it seems rather random.
To hear a snippet of the new un-announced Bond theme in HMV Guildford is about as random as it can get. :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

FBF and I heard it. It's terrible.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:FBF and I heard it. It's terrible.
I hope you're not the only one.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Yikes. Apparently I am a minion :? I suppose I should call Sweeney a sob and say I hope the song sucks. I don't hope the songs sucks because I like good music, I'm not going to see skyfall because I'm done with this "Bond" maybe I'll go to another Bond movie after we get a new one. Music is music DAD was smash hit and it supposed to be not that good, CR and whatever QOS were so bad they never made it
to the radio.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:I don't hope the songs sucks because I like good music, I'm not going to see skyfall because I'm done with this "Bond" maybe I'll go to another Bond movie after we get a new one.
I do not support good music belonging to an enemy, and Bond is our enemy now while everything else (including Twilight) is our ally. If you want good music, listen to Hans Zimmer's The Dark Knight Rises, and Batman is our ally.