New Skyfall Poster

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

New Skyfall Poster

Post by The Sweeney »

The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: New Skyfall Poster

Post by The Saint 007 »

I miss the days of the illustrated James Bond movie posters, really loved the artwork on some of them.
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

The Saint 007 wrote:I miss the days of the illustrated James Bond movie posters, really loved the artwork on some of them.
I agree. I'd love to see a poster like LALD, TMWTGG or TLD again.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

That is the most Bondish poster in Craig's history.

Humm is that supposed to be Zorin? Not sure who it is but he reminds me of Travolta.

Craig looks uncomfortable again :? the odd pose reminds me of a toddler with a surprise for you. :wink: :lol:

Best in the group is the femme fatale, next best is I'd guess Zorin with his Matrix Jacket. Didn't the henchman in DAD have jacket like that, this a homage to DAD?
Last edited by Dr. No on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

The Sweeney wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:I miss the days of the illustrated James Bond movie posters, really loved the artwork on some of them.
I agree. I'd love to see a poster like LALD, TMWTGG or TLD again.
Those were awesome maybe they will try to recreate it for the 50th. Doubt it it's just not the style any more.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Yeah, the villain does sort of remind me of Max Zorin as well. Most likely because he has similar styled blonde hair. I personally don't think that illustrated movie posters are too dated to be brought back. They just have so much more colour, character, and liveliness than the modern movie posters.

Those who like James Bond related artwork should check out this site: http://illustrated007.blogspot.ca/

It has some really cool artwork for posters, books, comics, collectibles, and all sorts of other interesting stuff.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I don't know who looks sillier in the poster- Craig or Bardem. :twisted:

I found this illustrated poster -

Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Thank you Sweeney for posting these updates! :cheers:

Work policies changed so I can not do updates as usual. Also trouble on my part adapting to a tablet :(
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Why does Daniel constantly have to look like a thug. I think an elegant classic Bond pose would have worked wonders in this poster series, a tall standing Lazenby, Connnery, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan in a tux expressed the menace while looking elegant. Daniel sadly looks like ex-boxer tunred bouncer in a ill fitted suit
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

Blowfeld wrote:Image

Why does Daniel constantly have to look like a thug. I think an elegant classic Bond pose would have worked wonders in this poster series, a tall standing Lazenby, Connnery, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan in a tux expressed the menace while looking elegant. Daniel sadly looks like ex-boxer tunred bouncer in a ill fitted suit
Daniel Craig looks like he is breaking wind in that poster.............
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Powder Puff wrote:
Daniel Craig looks like he is breaking wind in that poster.............
That was the intention!
Bring back Bond!