A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Skyfall prediction thread

Post by carl stromberg »

Welcome Saint! :cheers:
Bring back Bond!
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

carl stromberg wrote:Welcome Saint! :cheers:
Thank you, carl stromberg!
bjamesobrad
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies, You Only Live Twice, Die Another Day, Dr. No, The Living Daylights, Live And Let Die, For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me (order subject to change based on mood)
Favorite Movies: The Man With No Name Trilogy, Heat, The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Star Wars, Cobra

Post by bjamesobrad »

I still don't think this will be a big hit for EON. Judging by the boxoffice this year people just are not going to the shows.
I still think it will do QOS numbers, if that
Rest in Peace
James Bond
November 14, 2006
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Skyfall could do around the same numbers as Quantum Of Solace, but I really hope that there will be a slight decline.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Saint 007 wrote:Skyfall could do around the same numbers as Quantum Of Solace, but I really hope that there will be a slight decline.
I'm guessing that ticket sales will fall, but this will be masked by ticket price inflation and the addition of iMAX.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:Skyfall could do around the same numbers as Quantum Of Solace, but I really hope that there will be a slight decline.
I'm guessing that ticket sales will fall, but this will be masked by ticket price inflation and the addition of iMAX.
But that still doesn't mean Bond 23 will gross even higher than any of its two predeccessors. Take a look at Harry Potter. None of the sequels gross higher than SS except DH2 (thanks to 3D and the movie itself being a finale), and most of them were in IMAX. Furthermore, Andy's arachnid hasn't even surpassed any Tobey's even in 3D and IMAX.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote: But that still doesn't mean Bond 23 will gross even higher than any of its two predeccessors. Take a look at Harry Potter. None of the sequels gross higher than SS except DH2 (thanks to 3D and the movie itself being a finale), and most of them were in IMAX. Furthermore, Andy's arachnid hasn't even surpassed any Tobey's even in 3D and IMAX.
True, I was just going on the example of CR and QOS, each of which grossed more than its immediate predecessor despite selling fewer tickets.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote: But that still doesn't mean Bond 23 will gross even higher than any of its two predeccessors. Take a look at Harry Potter. None of the sequels gross higher than SS except DH2 (thanks to 3D and the movie itself being a finale), and most of them were in IMAX. Furthermore, Andy's arachnid hasn't even surpassed any Tobey's even in 3D and IMAX.
True, I was just going on the example of CR and QOS, each of which grossed more than its immediate predecessor despite selling fewer tickets.
That's US numbers we're talking here. Adding to what you said here, I hope Bond 23 grosses lower than both QOS and CR.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FormerBondFan wrote: That's US numbers we're talking here.
US and Canada, yes (poor old Canada always gets left out). International ticket sales are much harder to come by, I once posted a graph that listed all the films up to CR, but it doesn't include QOS, and overestimates LALD's sales, based on an oft-replicated mistake in John Cork's book, the title of which I forget (I think it's something like James Bond: The Legacy)
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I waffling on what my prediction should be.

I don't think it will beat QOS weekend numbers. Partly because none of the Bond 50 or single re-releases have movie bucks. But October 23 QOS and CR will be re-release with movie bucks but the fans of those movies already own them, so unless it a new edition I don't think there be a lot of double dipping. Where the people buying Bond 50 set and other releases might have used the movie bucks and I think that would make a impact because a lot are re-buying / buying the set for the fist time.

Last time for QOS there was a flood of free movie tickets and I think that pushed QOS opening weekend, if that doesn't happen I don't think Spyfall will beat the opener.
There is Imax to think about. I'm not sure.
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:There is Imax to think about. I'm not sure.
Look at the Harry Potter films. None of the sequels (except DH2 thanks to 3D and the movie itself being a finale) surpassed SS's numbers and most of them are in IMAX. Furthermore, MI4 is the highest grosser in the MI series but failed to beat MI2's domestic despite being in IMAX.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Listen to FBF.......he speaks the lord's will............. :up:
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

bjmdds wrote:Listen to FBF.......he speaks the lord's will............. :up:
He made a good point while he was at it.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming