Daniel Craig: One liners back for new Bond Skyfall

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Daniel Craig: One liners back for new Bond Skyfall

Post by shaken not stirred »

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/daniel-craig ... yfall.html

Cregg doing comedy...god help us all, if you're gonna bring it back do it with someone who looks & acts like bond not someone who looks like an extra from planet of the apes.

Bond: skyfall... more like sky.... falll.. m irite ( someone coughs in audience )hmmm.... ( cregg makes fart noises with his armpit audience coughs ).... so............ quantum of solace ( everyone in audience pelts cregg with tomatoes ).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: Daniel Craig: One liners back for new Bond Skyfall

Post by carl stromberg »

There were quite a few cheesy one liners in the first two Craig films. Craig delivered them in a customary wooden fashion and lacked the ease of Connery, Moore and Brosnan in particular.
Bring back Bond!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

carl stromberg wrote:Craig delivered them in a customary wooden fashion and lacked the ease of Connery, Moore and Brosnan in particular.
Pierce hated those one liners.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

shaken not stirred wrote:http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/daniel-craig ... yfall.html

Cregg doing comedy...god help us all, if you're gonna bring it back do it with someone who looks & acts like bond not someone who looks like an extra from planet of the apes.

Bond: skyfall... more like sky.... falll.. m irite ( someone coughs in audience )hmmm.... ( cregg makes fart noises with his armpit audience coughs ).... so............ quantum of solace ( everyone in audience pelts cregg with tomatoes ).
ugh
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

Ugh. That is all. The fanboys will defend it, though. :cuss:
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

I can't believe some fanboys, Since Craig got the part.They've all been going on about
how the humor was part of the old days and didn't suit the new gritty actor. Now all of
a sudden because the producers have decided that comedy should be put back in
( as like Moore and Brosnan, Craig has the light comedic touch ) :roll:
Once again proving they can't think for themselves but rather have to be led by the nose
and told what they like, as FBF points out, they are like zombies, doing what they're told,
and enjoying what they're told.
If the producers decide to show more of Bond's human side a gay scene was needed, Many
of the fanboys would be posting reasons why it was a Brilliant idea, and a great step forward
for the series. :cry:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

If all this talk s true, then Skyfall could be Craig's OHMSS. As in, an otherwise good Bond film let down by a wooden lead actor.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Thunderpussy wrote:Now all of a sudden because the producers have decided that comedy should be put back in ( as like Moore and Brosnan, Craig has the light comedic touch ) :roll:
But Pierce wanted a gritty and serious Bond ever since he was brought into the franchise though he does understand that humor is part of it.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:If all this talk s true, then Skyfall could be Craig's OHMSS. As in, an otherwise good Bond film let down by a wooden lead actor.
Hitting the nail on the head, aside from the legendary Craig sense of humour the producers have lost their sense of balance. Not that they have been particularly good about it either, Bond has been too cheesy, too "OTT", or too serious, too minimal. I thinking of before Daniel to give him a far shake. With Daniel they become too pretentious, clearly embarrassed by what Bond is and was, adding one liners back, well it never truly went away, it was that the one liners were no good in this reincarnation. But we are to forget all this and prepare ourselves for HUMOUR in guise of a one liner escaping Daniel's tightly clinched pout.
The formula for Bond now is to over dramatize try to give too much emotional weight to any subject I'm sure Bonds assigned PTSD therapist will tell him to make light of a grim situations threatening to swallow him in darkness (why did those men have to die???) with the first funny line lending itself.

M's dead, Skywalker ranch burns, oh the horror! How will Prince Valiant cope??? What will be his release valve?? 'I hope we're insured' :roll:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
katied

Post by katied »

Thunderpussy wrote:I can't believe some fanboys, Since Craig got the part.They've all been going on about
how the humor was part of the old days and didn't suit the new gritty actor. Now all of
a sudden because the producers have decided that comedy should be put back in
( as like Moore and Brosnan, Craig has the light comedic touch ) :roll:
Once again proving they can't think for themselves but rather have to be led by the nose
and told what they like, as FBF points out, they are like zombies, doing what they're told,
and enjoying what they're told.
If the producers decide to show more of Bond's human side a gay scene was needed, Many
of the fanboys would be posting reasons why it was a Brilliant idea, and a great step forward
for the series. :cry:

The fanboys drink whatever kool-aid they're told to. :cuss: Bond fans are among some of the most fickle I've ever met.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

From FBF, " But Pierce wanted a gritty and serious Bond ever since he was brought into the franchise though he does understand that humor is part of it. "

The point I was making FBF, was that Brosnan had the skill to deliver a Punch-line when needed. :cheers:

with the new " Bond to sell any old crap " sale eon now have as part of their ethos we might one day see.

A Heineken special offer to tie in with a new Bond,

"James Bond in Buy One, Get One Free ", even has the two "o's" to get the 007 in the poster.

"James Bond in, " Every Little Helps " if Tesco get some of the action, and if they ever include the
scene where Bond gets an M carved in to his hand, That would be perfect for MacDonalds. Even get Bond
to deliver the " I'm loving it " line.

So far with Skyail, we have a haggered Bond living in a Burnt out house, Drinking Cheap cans of Beer, driving an old car.
What a glamorous like Bond leads, I'm sre this is How Fleming imagined Bond. :(
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:If all this talk s true, then Skyfall could be Craig's OHMSS. As in, an otherwise good Bond film let down by a wooden lead actor.
You are the first person to say anything positive about Skyfall on this forum. :shock:
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

Is Skyfall lodge any relation to Trueman lodge from LTK, a scottish cousin :lol:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Thunderpussy wrote:The point I was making FBF, was that Brosnan had the skill to deliver a Punch-line when needed. :cheers:
But Pierce hated those one-liners he had to delivered.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Kristatos wrote:If all this talk is true, then Skyfall could be Craig's OHMSS. As in, an otherwise good Bond film let down by a wooden lead actor.
You are the first person to say anything positive about Skyfall on this forum. :shock:
The first six words are the key here.

Actually, I'm starting to think that a more traditional Bond film starring Craig might be the worst of all possible worlds from our point of view. If the film succeeds, it will "prove" that audiences still like Craig. If it tanks, then EON will be able to say "look, we tried a more traditional approach and the audience rejected it, this shows that they preferred our radically reinvented Bond for the post 9/11 world". Either way, I'm sure Craig will get all of the credit and none of the blame.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Kristatos wrote:If all this talk is true, then Skyfall could be Craig's OHMSS. As in, an otherwise good Bond film let down by a wooden lead actor.
The first six words are the key here.

Actually, I'm starting to think that a more traditional Bond film starring Craig might be the worst of all possible worlds from our point of view. If the film succeeds, it will "prove" that audiences still like Craig. If it tanks, then EON will be able to say "look, we tried a more traditional approach and the audience rejected it, this shows that they preferred our radically reinvented Bond for the post 9/11 world". Either way, I'm sure Craig will get all of the credit and none of the blame.
I don't see it as positive to Daniel, if there were to remake a classic Bond film line per line it would still be tremendous let down with Daniel. The man is not capable of the 007 Sean Connery created.

I no longer doubt Daniel will get adoring praise for whatever the dreck SF turns out to be, one thing it will not be is classic or a traditional Bond. Forgetting some of the other rumours for a moment killing M is not kosher to Ian Fleming's World of 007. From what Sam Mendes is saying this is still Bond becoming Bond, for crying out loud it been 6 years already Danile's Bond is forty-four year old man waiting to become what he should be at twenty-five when he was in the Navy and starting to coming into the world of SIS.
I think the willing suspension of disbelieve that would ever favour a beer swallowing hooligan as 007 expired in 2008.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer