Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: No Skyfall novelization

Post by Blowfeld »

I wrote a chapter, I'm not happy with it at all. I tried to combine too many elements and it didn't come out at all. Ripping off Knight Rider was probably my lowest point.
Not going to post it in the main thread because it should probably be scrapped and a better chapter used.

I wanted to introduce Eve as an anonymous agent whose description would be more professional, more reminiscent of Connery, then the big surprise...shock it's a woman. Mix in a few Bond elements and viola. Except the recipe didn't work for me.
[spoil]Chapter four: Agent 007

Eight months later

London, England

During the elevator ride Her Majesties newest Double Oh agent Eve, after 6 months a seasoned professional by MI6 standards, took a moment to reflect on her dinner date, an essential part of the plan to distract Sivla, the young woman was absolutely mouth watering. A honey coloured blonde, with a sensual mouth, completing the picture were a pair blue eyes to drink from. The figure of a model the agent mused. And brains, 007 admitted with a sly smile, after all they had met at university when Eve had gone back to brush up on a several subjects.
The 12 button on the elevators control panel blinked twice, a signal from Q branch. In seconds it would be pitch black as the lights in the elevator were doused and the doors soundless opened to the hidden floors dark hallway.

The new 007 had no idea why S branch was so determined this was the mission to receive the full attention of the Double Oh branch, however it was a far better than the Double Oh sections previous top priority, fighting Internet Piracy: Operation “Ctrl Alt Delete”.

Now in the dimly lit suit the newly minted 00 checked the display of her Q branch enhanced iPhone (Qphone as it was affectionately known by the Double Ohs). The phone was a marvel, while looking identical to its commercial cousin in every way, it however had enough ‘optional extras’ to make the late Steve jobs green with envy.

The phone display confirmed the all clear, Eve cautiously made way in stocking feet though the villain’s opulent home. She briefly surveyed the computer desk, checking only for memory cards and such not connected to the computer. As for the computer network itself, MI6 owned it and was living vicariously through it. First thing the tech boffins did was subvert all Silva’s computers, PDAs, pagers, phones, anything with an electronic pulse. The computer no worry, Eve approached the real target on the east wall of the dining room. Without the boffins studious examination of floor plans Eve would have never paid this wall the slightest bit of attention. Placing the Phone next to the light switch, the phones iOpen app went to work. The fact the Qphone had a place to magnetically find purchase meant their intelligence about the kind of door lock mechanism was spot on. Moments later the phone screen flashed as it was removed the wall opened at the middle making a 4ft wide passageway exposing a small priest hole like enclosure. Entering cautiously, remembering a nearly fatal experience in Japan a few months ago with a false floor, the florescent lights flickered to life, illuminating a wall tattooed with the photo collage of an obsessed mad man.

Scribbling in thick red ink scarred the wall, pictures of a blond woman seemed to dominate the collection, however the photos were older, dated, as indeed the whole room felt. This wall belonged in twisted student’s dorm room in the 1950s or 60s not a £4 million pound flat in the middle of 21 century London. 007 quickly brought the phone up to record every detail of the walls in high resolution. That done Eve studied the pictures herself, stopping at well worn Polaroid. Judging from the background the photo was taken as Ski Lodge somewhere in the Swiss Alps. The Polaroid featured two people, a woman and a young man, the woman was someone Eve could never forget, the boy was an unknown. Mediterranean looking, a boy whose dark hair was a very 1970s foppish mess. The woman in the photo 007 only knew as M, head of MI6. A disturbing revelation that the head of MI6 could somehow be involved in this.

The tattoo near 007’s wrist vibrated, the signal the elevator had been recalled and would soon be dropping an occupant to this floor. The tattoo was innocuous, barely noticeable and it if was so what, after all sailors love their tattoos. Heeding the warning 007 closed the priest hole stepping silently into the shadows of the main room to hide. The uninvited arrival had pre-empted 007s complete search of the room.

With a loud ding the elevators doors opened to a bright hallway, a bulky man casually exited the elevator, as he walked the room sensed his movement illuminating the rooms accordingly. The rooms security was acting normally all part of the sucker punch Q hit the security system with. In the main room a twisty eco light bulb in a corner lamp flickered then failed to ignite leaving much of the room in darkness. Another Q trick 007 was grateful of. The man ignored the failing lamp proceeding directly to the dining rooms hidden panel. The sound of the panels opening could be heard, then closing as the man quickly exited the room. The man paused in the main room, seemingly thoughtful for a moment. He glanced at his watch then nonchalantly opened the glass patio door stepping outside, once there he lit a fag, after savouring it for a minute he extinguished it crushing it beneath his shoe.
The bulky man re-entered the flat, he took several steps across the main room before he remembered to secure the patio door, he turned sharply with a sudden blur he had a gun in his hand. Eve could see his silhouette clearly in the dark room. The henchman was pointing the gun squarely at darkest the corner of the room, the corner where the lamp failed to light.

‘Come on out. I know you’r there.’ A gruff voice ordered.

007 left with no options acted.

‘Over here mate!’ boomed a deep, sensuous, female voice.

The henchman turned to his right, his target much closer than he had guessed. Finding himself facing a dark skinned, smartly dressed, fit, and attractive woman, he hesitated a moment too long. Allowing Eve the seconds she needed close the distance, disarm the goon, then begin to knock him senseless. She fought him backward rapidly; ending the fight seconds after it began with a kick squarely in the solar plexus landing the henchman with thud on the cold concrete of the patio. Swiftly Eve secured the patio door and turned to leave.

THUMP!

A rattling sound shook the room.

The goon had recovered himself enough to try to lunge at the British agent, mistaking the glass door for open he impacted the door like bird flying into a window. Eve was shocked to see the smushed impression of the man's face pressed hard against the glass, in absolute horror she watched as he let out a deep groan and stumbled backwards until he fell over the patio railing 13 floors to his certain death.

Wasting no time 007 exited to the elevator using to get to the 12 the floor and from there quickly descending the stairs to where she had hidden the rest of her attire near the first floor exit. Shoes on and looking refreshed he exited the stairway, deciding to check on the fallen man she walked round to the side of the building he fell from. Finding a crowd of people gathered in morbid curiosity she pushed her way through, kneeling at the body side then feeling for a pulse and finding none she gently rocked the body to its side surreptitiously checking the man pockets. With a deft sleight of hand she transfers the contents of the dead man’s pockets to her purse. She found a size photo album in the dead man's suit jacket, smartly slipping it under her purse she walked away.

As Eve walked to the dinning room she stole a glance at the photo album, the same blonde woman from the wall was prevalent in the pages of the album too, under one of the photos a name was written; Monique Delacroix Bond.

A expletive fell from Eve’s lip as she crossed the dining room threshold, the odd, almost albino blond hair man called Silva and her date were gone. Quickly she dailed Q.

‘We got the video, good job Evey!’ Said a crackly male prepubescent voice.

‘Silva’s got Sally!’ scanning the hotel ‘I can’t see him they must be in his car.’

‘I’ll check GPS in his Jaguar XJ-L’ moments later Q responded ‘He is on the northern road heading to the countryside fast.’

‘I need you to pull the Bentley around’

‘On it.’

Eve rushed past the Valet shoving a tip and the call tag in the confused man hand as the Bentley’s powerful four wheel disc brakes screeched the car to a halt in front of the hotel. Eve jumped in the silver Bentley Continental GT beginning her pursuit. Pouring on all the power the twin turbo W12 could spare.

Q’s voice filled the cabin.
‘He is already on the county roads, you have to hurry to catch him up’

The Silver Bentley GT closed the distance expertly placing its racing pedigree on full display, the High Intensity Discharge Xenon headlights boldly show the way.

‘Almost on him.’ Called Q.

Eve urged the Bentley on that much harder. As the Bentley edged around the second to last corner a mere quarter mile from its objective the unthinkable happens, a spike strip shred the Pirelli Ultra High Performance tires sending the Bentley into a uncontrollable skid, bouncing the car off the guardrail and the flipping the Bentley over and over thirteen times, for no foreseeable reason whatsoever, before skidding to rest on the gravel roadside.

Footsteps crunching on the gravel was the only sound Eve was aware of, the memory Q screaming like a little girl as the Bentley flipped still rang heavily in her ears. She groaned and tried opened her eyes. A hand thickly covered in white theatrical makeup sorted thru the items tossed to the roof as the Bentley flipped discarding most of them. The Photo album Eve recovered from the dead henchman was the only item removed. The next sound Eve was aware of were footsteps heading away from her.

‘Here I leave you your friend to stay with you until help arrives,’ said a strong male voice with a slight Spanish accent, ‘ you see I am not really evil, more how you say, misunderstood.’
With that Silva was gone.

‘Sally?’ Eve questioned weakly.

‘I’m here’ Replied a soft feminine voice.

‘Sally? Good! How does Eve look?’ Q asked over the Bentley’s hands free device.

‘She looks pretty good.. She probably only has a slight case of motion sickness from all of the inexplicable flipping. You know this Bentley Continental GT is a really safe car. In fact I think most of these dings will buff right out ‘

‘Jolly good. I’ll contact On-Star and have emergency services rondevu with your location just incase.’[/spoil]
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I had an idea for a chapter called The Chicken Farmer, where Daniel/Bond is working at a Chicken farm, employed as an executioner, living in an old caravan parked on back lot of the farm, with his gym set up outside, and his DB5 parked the behind the caravan sporting a dusty car cover.
Early one bank holiday morning he gets in hot water for shooting chickens with a silenced 22 pistol, one again ignoring the video surveillance.
Disgusted the farmer sends him home for the day and Daniel/Bond fall asleep watching a movie marathon, Moonraker is on, I'd try to work in ' nutting the tall guy with teeth' reference.

The only reason for Chicken Farm is it was something Ian mentioned. I'm not sure any of these ideas could work.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Blowfeld wrote:I had an idea for a chapter called The Chicken Farmer, where Daniel/Bond is working at a Chicken farm, employed as an executioner, living in an old caravan parked on back lot of the farm, with his gym set up outside, and his DB5 parked the behind the caravan sporting a dusty car cover.
Early one bank holiday morning he gets in hot water for shooting chickens with a silenced 22 pistol, one again ignoring the video surveillance.
Disgusted the farmer sends him home for the day and Daniel/Bond fall asleep watching a movie marathon, Moonraker is on, I'd try to work in ' nutting the tall guy with teeth' reference.

The only reason for Chicken Farm is it was something Ian mentioned. I'm not sure any of these ideas could work.
I think this has possibilities. I'm going to do a Chapter 4 over the weekend where, in 1979, Barbara Mawdsley's plan is implemented, etc.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

People seem to be going for a more or less straight novelisation, with maybe the odd gag, whereas my chapter was out-and-out parody. I was going to do a chapter where Bond returns to his ancestral seat and flips a switch on his chest from "CHAV" to "ARISTOCRAT" that makes him suddenly start talking like Bertie Wooster ("Downton Abbey, The King's Speech, the coalition government...toffs are this year's shakycam and one wouldn't want to miss a jolly old bandwagon, what what?"), but now I think it would be out of step with what everyone else is doing.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Kristatos wrote:People seem to be going for a more or less straight novelisation, with maybe the odd gag, whereas my chapter was out-and-out parody. I was going to do a chapter where Bond returns to his ancestral seat and flips a switch on his chest from "CHAV" to "ARISTOCRAT" that makes him suddenly start talking like Bertie Wooster ("Downton Abbey, The King's Speech, the coalition government...toffs are this year's shakycam and one wouldn't want to miss a jolly old bandwagon, what what?"), but now I think it would be out of step with what everyone else is doing.
It can be like a "round robin," where people take turns. I'll be happy to stop and let others have a turn.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:People seem to be going for a more or less straight novelisation, with maybe the odd gag, whereas my chapter was out-and-out parody. I was going to do a chapter where Bond returns to his ancestral seat and flips a switch on his chest from "CHAV" to "ARISTOCRAT" that makes him suddenly start talking like Bertie Wooster ("Downton Abbey, The King's Speech, the coalition government...toffs are this year's shakycam and one wouldn't want to miss a jolly old bandwagon, what what?"), but now I think it would be out of step with what everyone else is doing.
I think it all can work since the are no rules we have to follow. Everyone has contributed some brilliant work, I'm disappointed in myself for not find a decent voice work with. I might be thing too much about what is going to be instead of what we already have.

With the open Kris had I could imagin a line with Bond backing up his desk using a Frank Drebin with Bill Tanner
Just think, next time I shoot someone, I could be arrested.
Or
It's like eating a spoonful of Drano, sure it'll clean you out, but it'll leave you hollow inside.

You haven't shot anybody in six months.

That's true. Funny how you miss the little things
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Chapter 4 is now up.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Chapter 5 is up.

Had to do it before I chickened out (literally and figuratively).
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Blowfeld wrote:Chapter 5 is up.

Had to do it before I chickened out (literally and figuratively).

Looks fine.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Where does the story go from here? Flashback? fast-forward?

Couple of ideas I'm toying with;

Silva takes revenge killing M's 00 section, or many top MI6 agents. (this can play in to Ms line to Bond in Dr No about his predecessor. )
M's house broken in by 4 hoodie boys (use the example in CR I suppose) who Bond later fight on a train top. Boys steal something M needs back and Silva wants. MI6 start a review of M's. She needs help and turns to Bond but Bond is out of the game.

Eve meets Bond at his caravan, spinach cans and body building mags litter the floor. Bond has bucket list on facebook so Eve knows what she needs to do to get Bond back in the game. Once back in the game Eve finds out Bond needs bus money. Q is called in to fix the DB5, he makes some improvements unbeknownst to Bond.

Eventually Skyfall lodge is not skyfall rather a proper sounding Scottish name, 11 year old Bond renamed the place and scratched graffiti into the headstones. His aunt and him have not talked for years, she'd rather he did not come about to the ancestral home until he has learned some manners. In an emergency he takes M there. Ends badly.

That's about it, a lot of room to manurer with or to drop ideas completely.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Some additional ideas:

At some point, Bond and Eve go to China, except it's an alternate universe China that seems an awful lot like the U.K. More fights, Eve shaves Bond (as in the call sheets). None off this has to particularly be explained, in fact it could make it funnier. For example, as I recall Ascot is subbing for the Shanghai airport. As Bond leaves the terminal there could be jockeys and horses.

More realistic depiction of action in the China sequence. "Why did those men have to die?"

At the end, M is going to die (to give her a big send off). It looks like she has died, then she revives to keep talking. Two or three false starts but she finally expires.

In the final chapter, Bond and Eve are on the rooftop, they let M's ashes blow to the wind. "Wanna shag now?" or some other crude pickup line from Bond to Eve.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Thinking of opening a chapter with Bond's aunt (Miss Charmian Bond), not many years older than Bond in others words not a middle aged woman to match Andrews Bond's 50 + years. She'll marry a Pierce Brosnan looking chap, maybe a Dalton looking guy doing a Hot Fuzz like role near the town Bond lives, Lazenby could be a contact in Turkey, Moore...... no idea yet wanted to so something special for him.

Have a picture in my mind of the cove page sort of throw back to the pulp covers of the Gardener books.
Image Image
Black and white with the dark silhouette of a man and woman falling.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Chapter 6 is up,

knocked out quick chapter to introduce the aunt and skyfall, and to also bring a close to the flash backs while setting up the story for whichever way it evolves.

I'd like to somehow mention the other Bonds in some manner as family, I don't know if it has to be the way I said earlier.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Chapter 7, admittedly short, is now up.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Napoleon Solo wrote:Chapter 7, admittedly short, is now up.
What is your plan for Operation SF?
I was thinking a short chapter recounting a TLD style Rock of Gibraltar 00 training mission (Parachute in/ falling from the sky), entire 00 section dead save one (Eve?). Maybe a M carved on the dead 00s right hands (ala CR SHpion)
M watches all on satellite(TWINE), almost no clue as to who did it. Fearing a security breach runs home to find her husband (John Cleese) let four hoodies in the house he thought were the grandchildren, whatever is missing (USB memory?) on her dresser are two new folding picture frames she opens them for the big reveal Happy pictures of two couples The Bonds and the Silvas?
M collapse to the floor numb.

Rough ideas at best. End goal was the flag draped coffins and step closer to Bond reactivation and trip to China.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Blowfeld wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:Chapter 7, admittedly short, is now up.
What is your plan for Operation SF?
I was thinking a short chapter recounting a TLD style Rock of Gibraltar 00 training mission (Parachute in/ falling from the sky), entire 00 section dead save one (Eve?). Maybe a M carved on the dead 00s right hands (ala CR SHpion)
M watches all on satellite(TWINE), almost no clue as to who did it. Fearing a security breach runs home to find her husband (John Cleese) let four hoodies in the house he thought were the grandchildren, whatever is missing (USB memory?) on her dresser are two new folding picture frames she opens them for the big reveal Happy pictures of two couples The Bonds and the Silvas?
M collapse to the floor numb.

Rough ideas at best. End goal was the flag draped coffins and step closer to Bond reactivation and trip to China.
These are promising. On other message boards, people have put together the clapperboard pictures and call sheet scene descriptions in sequence. Was going to go back and look at those. This Kincade character is potentially interesting, possibly Albert Finney's character, but who knows for sure.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Chapter 8 is up.

Answers the flag draped coffins, introduces Eve, starts the MI6 distrust of M, leaves open the real operation and motivations of Silva. Leaves open the question if the agents killed were 00s and what the device stolen was (USB memory seems so old school).

I was thinking if the higher ups at MI6 are deciding how to clean up M's mess they mention only 5 men have ever retired from the 00 branch, and one only ever quit (Daniel).
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

I haven't had a chance to do any writing this week, but my schedule is easing up. I have an idea for incorporating the Heineken product placement.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Chapter 9 is up.