Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: No Skyfall novelization

Post by Blowfeld »

Posted a lost chapter Skyfall: The Lost Chapters

There is no U in Humour; An alternate version of M's office. A lot of in house references for FBF. May wasn't pleasant, hopefully June will be a fresh start and I'll be back on the writing wagon. :typing: :cheers:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Blowfeld wrote:Posted a lost chapter Skyfall: The Lost Chapters

There is no U in Humour; An alternate version of M's office. A lot of in house references for FBF. May wasn't pleasant, hopefully June will be a fresh start and I'll be back on the writing wagon. :typing: :cheers:
This spurred me to add Chapter 23, in which Bond issues his first (sort of) one liner, part of the promised lighter tone of Skyfall.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Chapter 24 is up. Classic Bond (R) is back and utters his signature line. But watch out for the helpful constable....
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Chapter 25 is up. Bond gets evaluated by Sir James Maloney while M blackmails Mallory.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

:lol:
"Broccoli."

"Saltzman," Bond said.
Saltzman?"

"Broccoli,"
:lol:
Those two had divided the hemispheres some people only knew it as Saltzman Broccoli. (Dividing hemispheres?! was Connery right? Were they as bad as their own villains?)

I had a scene where Eve asks Bond how he passed his psych evaluation, he'd blink dully, 'psych test?' he'd say questioningly, his tongue playing with word as if this was his first encounter with it. 'No.' He's finally say 'M said it was all right. I didn't have to do it.'

Then there would be word game,
provocateur ; negligee
taxes ; Connery
Ian Fleming ; Jason Bourne
British spy ; Pierce Brosnan
weapon ; bowling ball
stuntman ; James Bond
Queen ; Highlander with Sean Connery

Stuff like that. Maybe I'd have worked some more of Kris' stuff.. Tell me about your dreams 007? Does life hold meaning for you?
Oh, a Rorschach test must have Bobo take one of those, maybe let him play with finger paints while we're at it :lol: :wink:

Story has really come together :cheers: Where goes it go next?
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

On The Road Again -- Just can't wait to get
M ground her teeth as Bond somehow managed to miss another gear he was mercilessly thrashing the classic cars gear box. The harsh metallic grinding and the smell of burning clutch nauseated her. So much so she was relived to see the flash from the missile launcher. They had been on the road for an hour but only managed to make a few miles. Bond it would appear wasn't good at roundabouts. Left hand turns. Right Hand turns. Traffic lights. Nor straightaways.

'Pick a bloody gear' she murmured watching dispassionately as the smoke trial of the missile rushed towards her.

'Sorry ma'ma.' Bond replied flatly, 'the cars I normally drive are posher.' He fiddle with the controls trying to turn off the wipers streaking dirtily across the windscreen.

A red light flashed on the dash accompanied by warning beep. Bond forgot trying to turn off the wipers squinting ponderously at the warning light. AMS (Anti-Missile System).

Where the hell did that come from Bond wondered regretting his decision not to read the 1965 DB5 owners manual. Instead he bet the manual right after he won the vintage beast on what had turned out to be losing hand of poker. He had thought the car was good luck so he couldn't possibly lose even with a 7-2 off suit. Tragic but it was too late now for regrets. Was "AMS" German for clutch? He cursed under his breath as the intensity of the warning grew. Almost too late he flicked the corresponding switch, a blinding burst of phosphorous light shot skyward intercepting the Lockheed Martin FGM-148 Javelin (R).

'Blimey!' exclaimed Bond witnessing the resulting explosion.

M let out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding. Uncertain if she had cause to be relieved she only knew she would live to Die Another Day.

:wink:
PS
(the rest of the trip was uneventful, Bond had eventually found third and stayed there, much to the protest of the sturdy steed whisking them away. They arrived at Skyfall lodge late that night, the cool light of the full Scottish moon gave the rustic building an idyllic colour much belying Skyfall's tragic past.
Silence greeted them as they walked across the cool dampness of the early morning dewy grass. The hot exhaust of the DB5 clicked cooling in the damp night. Bond fished the key out the fake rock and let them in the historic Scottish site. Alone at last the DB5 quietly whooshed, vapours turning to fire. Silently it burned, the shadows of the flames danced around the castle in a devils revelry. Nobody inside the building noticed. )
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

[quote="Blowfeld]Story has really come together :cheers: Where goes it go next?[/quote]

Some thoughts:

1. That mysterious piece of paper that Silva gave Bond is essentially a note intended for M, blackmailing her to come up to Scotland, or else the truth comes out about that 1979 operation. I'm not sure M deciding to go up to Scotland is how a real person would react, but what the heck.

2. Before M and Bond depart for Scotland, they drop by the new Q (since we know he's in the movie). Q has done a quick re-hab of the DB5 which, last we saw it, was in bad shape when Bond was working at the pig farm. :) M also contacts Kincaid that she should meet him in Scotland.

3. During the road trip we can get more of that Bond-M banter we've all come to love. "I knew I couldn't trust you!"

4. They make a stop and the subject of Bond's parents comes up (per the call sheets that it is now safe to say were legitmate (the Eve shaving Bond scene is in the trailer). A dramatic, gripping moment (Bond sobs in his martini, throws the martini away and asks for a Heineken (R) to console him). Or something like that. :)

5. Big confrontation at Skyfall manor, per the video that's out there. M gets killed. Question -- who kills her? Silva or Bond? On message boards, I've noticed some fans say something along the lines of, "Wouldn't it be great if Bond killed M? Dan's got the acting chops to pull that scene off!" Personally, it has caught be off guard there's such enthusiasm for M getting bumped off that way, but there you go. I had thought if Bond does in it this novelization, Eve is there to witness it. There's a description of Bond pumping his fist "as if he were playing to some unseen audience." In other words, in the movie, Bond is mugging to the audience and breaking the fourth wall.

6. At the end, Bond and Eve go to the rooftop in London (we have an image of Bond on the rooftop in the trailer) and spread M's ashes to the wind. Bond then asks Eve if she wants to shag. Last scene on the call sheets said Bond and Eve are on a rooftop in London.

Again, these are thoughts I've had but I don't want to constrain anyone from joining in.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I've got a few ideas, let me see what comes of them.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

A quick chapter 26 is up.

I was going to take them to Q's (Bond insisting Boothroyd is Q not B). For the big reveal the DB5 has the drop cloth pulled off it Bond's heart sinks, 'it's been repossessed' he says'

Anyway it all got too long and needed to be cut short.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Blowfeld wrote:A quick chapter 26 is up.

I was going to take them to Q's (Bond insisting Boothroyd is Q not B). For the big reveal the DB5 has the drop cloth pulled off it Bond's heart sinks, 'it's been repossessed' he says'

Anyway it all got too long and needed to be cut short.
Let me have a try with a quick chapter 27.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

A quick chapter 27 is up as Bond has a spat with Tanner and there's an unexpected appearance by a character from the (non-Fleming) literary canon.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Tough days for Bond. Letting the bad guy go doesn't win over work mates. :lol: Think I'll start a chapter with him feeling more like himself in his new Tom Ford.

I was trying to go for Queer Eye kind of deal. I doubt anybody remembers how big that was. Don't think I did that well with it someone I know thought I was say Craig was gay, not at all. Kind of the opposite. :?
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Blowfeld wrote:Tough days for Bond. Letting the bad guy go doesn't win over work mates. :lol: Think I'll start a chapter with him feeling more like himself in his new Tom Ford.

I was trying to go for Queer Eye kind of deal. I doubt anybody remembers how big that was. Don't think I did that well with it someone I know thought I was say Craig was gay, not at all. Kind of the opposite. :?
Sounds good. The Bond-centric chapters came together when I remembered something Richard Maibaum said. In 1987, he was at some kind of writer's conference and there's a clip of it on one of the DVD extras. Anyway, he said something like the "the cream of the jest" was they had cast "a rough, tough football" player (Connery in this case) and had ascribed to him the mannerisms of "the English gentleman...That's what made it funny." So I just thought, let's take it a step further and ascribe to Bond the kind of language the actor playing him uses in countless interviews.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Chris Nolan Makes a Bond Film. :cheers:

A Fan trailer for a C Nolan Bond Movie. :D
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

I went back to a couple of chapters and removed the references to the Apple iPhone (R) and replaced them with Sony Xperia (R) smartphones.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I got part of a new chapter done, its called Haunted and lifts the tone some.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Chapter 28 is up :cheers: :typing:
Had to trim it down, the city car chase I wrote didn't work, tried to fix it but no better without it. And I cut a 'what the hell your house is made plywood and foam' routine.

Still like to have a 'Skyfall welcomes careful drivers' sign, left it out in hopes the helicopter used for the attack flying by. They did use a helicopter right?

Had two thoughts;
M dies in Mexican like stand off, bad guy has a gun on M and Bond has a gun on the bad guy realising the bad guy could shoot M Before Bond could shoot the bad guy Bond points his gun at M rationalising the terrorist only win if he doesn't kill M first. Shots are fired its unclear if Bond kills M or not. However the bad guy is enraged by Bond shooting so maybe he does.

M's last words are there is another Booooonnnnnnndddddd * Yoda like death rattle :wink:
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Chapter 29 is up as Bond talks about his childhood with M.
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Chapter 30 is up. The assault on Skyfall manor begins and one of our players departs the scene. But not M. (At least not yet).
Napoleon Solo
Agent

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Chapter 31 is up.