Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme

Post by The Sweeney »

Something which is getting very predictable....

Adele has been named the fans’ favourite choice to record the new James Bond theme tune.

The songstress has come out on top in an online poll to sing the song for Skyfall, the upcoming 23rd instalment of the spy series, by 5,000 readers for entertainment website IGN.com, beating Muse, who came in second and Foo Fighters who came third.

http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/03/11/ade ... ond-theme/
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Adele is Favourite for James Bond Theme

Post by bjmdds »

FBF will write and sing the song. :up:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

The Sweeney wrote:Something which is getting very predictable....

Adele has been named the fans’ favourite choice to record the new James Bond theme tune.

The songstress has come out on top in an online poll to sing the song for Skyfall, the upcoming 23rd instalment of the spy series, by 5,000 readers for entertainment website IGN.com, beating Muse, who came in second and Foo Fighters who came third.

http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/03/11/ade ... ond-theme/
I think she is everyones favourite right now. She has a wonderful voice and a style I think would return the theme-songs to a (new) golden age.

The problem is EON has to get their act in together by starting to think about a theme song be for it is due. However I wonder if there will be a them song for SF with David out the the picture.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Miss Piggy will sing the theme song.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

I'm probably gonna be the only one that says this but I can't stand adeles music, My driving instructor always plays it when I'm driving and the songs annoy the piss out of Me, sorry :| , I can't really stand most modern music tbh (with the exceptions of the chili peppers, foo fighters and a few more), most music today makes Me want to bang My head against a wall because most of it to Me annoys more then drags Me in.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Adele Hints Again At James Bond Skyfall Theme Role

She says a new song will be with us in 2012

Adele Hints Again At James Bond Skyfall Theme Role
Photo: WENN

Adele has suggested that she will release a brand new song by the end of the year, further strengthening rumours she will record the official theme song for the next James Bond film.

Speaking to French radio station NRJ over the weekend, Adele discussed the future of her career and rumours that she may take five years out to make the follow up to her album '21'.

Denying this, Adele said: "I'm not going on a break for that long! I have to write another record, if I didn't write my own songs i'd be out next week with a new album, but because I write my own songs I have to take time and live a little bit. There was a good two years between my first and second album, so it will be the same this time."

"There will be a new song probably coming out at the end of the year, and then it depends how quickly I write some new songs - but it won't be for a good two years."

Adele previously suggested she might be making the official Skyfall theme during an interview with Jonathan Ross last year.

Meanwhile, it has been claimed that Adele has lost over a stone in weight since she turned vegetarian at the start of the year.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

shaken not stirred wrote:I'm probably gonna be the only one that says this but I can't stand adeles music, My driving instructor always plays it when I'm driving and the songs annoy the piss out of Me, sorry :| , I can't really stand most modern music tbh (with the exceptions of the chili peppers, foo fighters and a few more), most music today makes Me want to bang My head against a wall because most of it to Me annoys more then drags Me in.
Don't expect people to pay admissions to see AWFUL just because Adele is singing the theme. In fact, she might be sorry she ever got involved with Eon as I am sure Forster did and Mendes will be too. It will tarnish her reputation if it undersells as a single. FBF, if it gets an Oscar nomination as best song, do not be upset. The film will bomb.
katied

Post by katied »

I don't wish to speak ill of the dead but thank god Amy Winehouse is worm food otherwise she would probably be the subject of rumors.Apparently David Arnold was Team Winehouse, but since he's not around anymore...
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well, she was offered QOS, as I understand it, provided she could get her act cleaned up enough to be able to deliver. She couldn't, so so we got AWTD instead.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

I read Craig now wants to stay as Bond for as long as he can, :twisted:
I guess even he knows his other movies all flop. :lol:

Craig to stay as long as he can.
katied

Post by katied »

Yeah, I don't know why they offered the QOS theme to Crackhouse. She didn't have her sh!t together enough to do much of anything-let alone record a Bond theme. :?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

They chose Cr-egg MP, so what does that tell you?
katied

Post by katied »

True that..and there was a lot of excuse making on the part of fanboys who seemed keen on her doing the them, even if she was barely coherent a lot of the time for the last few years of her life. :^o):
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Eon always choose the worst song anyway. I think they must get this rubbish foisted on them by the studio. No one in their right mind would have chosen AWTD to be the Bond theme.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Adele, Mendes, Bardem, Fiennes, etc., won't matter. When you attempt to combine trash with gold, the trash remains the same. DC is NOT the focus of this film, in fact, DC is actually co-starring in this film, and that's the way Eon wants it. DC's first film was about a card game.........yawn.................his second film was about saving South America's water while badmouthing the UK and USA governments............his third and final film will be about receiving a depressed shave with Gillette foam by a gun carrying Moneypenny, after being introduced to a childish Q, while he reveals his innermost fantasies to his grandmother M, who gets fired afterward due to more supposed illegal governmental doings in her past, after his family estate gets blown up by a villain with dyed blond hair who looks like a wooden soldier from Toyland :lol: .........some fun? :down:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

bjmdds wrote:Adele, Mendes, Bardem, Fiennes, etc., won't matter. When you attempt to combine trash with gold, the trash remains the same. DC is NOT the focus of this film, in fact, DC is actually co-starring in this film, and that's the way Eon wants it. DC's first film was about a card game.........yawn.................his second film was about saving South America's water while badmouthing the UK and USA governments............his third and final film will be about receiving a depressed shave with Gillette foam by a gun carrying Moneypenny, after being introduced to a childish Q, while he reveals his innermost fantasies to his grandmother M, who gets fired afterward due to more supposed illegal governmental doings in her past, after his family estate gets blown up by a villain with dyed blond hair who looks like a wooden soldier from Toyland :lol: .........some fun? :down:
All in all skyfall's shaping up to sound like one of the scary movies :lol: :cheers: .
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Shaken knows how to stir the pot of dissent. He knows his onions :!: Purpose of shaking: Scientists, specifically biochemists, and martini connoisseurs have investigated the difference between a martini shaken and a martini stirred. The Department of Biochemistry at the University of Western Ontario in Canada conducted a study to determine if the preparation of a martini has an influence on their antioxidant capacity; the study found that the shaken gin martinis were able to break down hydrogen peroxide and leave only 0.072% of the peroxide behind, versus the stirred gin martini, which left behind 0.157% of the peroxide. Thus a shaken martini has more antioxidants than a stirred one. The study was done at the time because moderate consumption of alcohol appears to reduce the risk of cataracts, cardiovascular disease, and stroke, none of which afflict Bond.