Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

James Bond to snub Scotland for Wales with new movie Skyfall

Post by Blowfeld »

He was set to be returning to his Scottish roots – but now it’s been reported that new James Bond movie Skyfall is going to film pivotal scenes in Wales rather than Scotland.

13 December 2011 10:30 GMT

Comment

James Bond to snub Scotland for Wales with new movie Skyfall?

Skyfall cast: The film's stars including Daniel Craig were expected to travel to Scotland. Pic: © David Fisher/Rex Features

He was set to be returning to his Scottish roots – but now it’s been reported that new James Bond movie Skyfall is going to film pivotal scenes in Wales rather than Scotland.

The film shoot with Daniel Craig and the cast, planned for February, was supposed to take place at Duntrune Castle near Lochgilphead in Argyll, the oldest inhabited castle in Scotland.

STV last month reported that film bosses had apparently changed their mind – and now that news appears to have been confirmed.

Director Sam Mendes was said to have had a change of heart days after the press conference that launched the filming of the hotly anticipated Skyfall.

Robin Malcolm, owner of Duntrune Castle, told The Scotsman: “I think it’s Scotland’s loss.

“I knew they were looking at other venues, and I think they’re going to fake it that the Welsh castle is going to be in Scotland.

“The last thing I heard was that they were going to have some shots of somewhere like Rannoch Moor that’s pretty desolate and a few mountains – which Wales can come up with too.”

Bond was of course most famously portrayed by Scot Sean Connery, and the fictional spy was given a strong Scottish heritage by author Ian Fleming.

Malcolm added: “They haven’t lost sight of the thought that they want Bond to be an ex-pat Scot with roots in Scotland, and certainly the initial script was built around that premise and that he was kind of returning to his roots. But time will tell.

“I’ll be interested to see the results.”

Belle Doyle, head of Scottish Screen Locations, didn’t confirm the news but said: “Of course we’d be really disappointed to lose such a prestigious film from Scotland and hope that won’t happen, but, as ever, our negotiations with any production looking to work here are confidential.”

However, it’s not all bad news, as the Bond announcement has led to further interest in Duntrune as a filming location.

Malcolm explained: ““Another film company has already said that they want to come and have a look at us. Their attitude has been, ‘if it’s good enough Bond, it’s good enough for us.’”
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: James Bond to snub Scotland for Wales with new movie Sky

Post by Kristatos »

At this rate, they're going to end up shooting it on a greenscreen with virtual sets.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:At this rate, they're going to end up shooting it on a greenscreen with virtual sets.
I was thinking of the final scene in SW Episode 3 it all green screen, no Tanzanian, no camel creature, no baby either! :lol:
............ :007:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

How about Northern Ireland? :wink:
Bring back Bond!
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

carl stromberg wrote:How about Northern Ireland? :wink:
Or Jerry Sadowitz's studio? :mrgreen:
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

You can't film in N.Ireland, some farmer will be shouting "Get Orff My Land !" :lol:
Poor Rihanna, She can film around me anytime. :wink:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

I say film Bond 23 at Jerry Sadowitz's studio. :mrgreen:
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

Thunderpussy wrote:You can't film in N.Ireland, some farmer will be shouting "Get Orff My Land !" :lol:
Luckily they are only shouting now.