Adele recording new Bond song

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Adele recording new Bond song

Post by The Sweeney »

Adele has started writing the new James Bond song, it has been reported.

The British songstress is working on a theme tune for the next movie in the iconic spy franchise, currently titled Bond 23.

Adele took a week off from touring recently due to a chest infection. It was during this time that the 23-year-old began penning lyrics for the track.

Thanks to her incredible chart success with her latest album 21, the song will be a strong contender to feature in the new movie.

"Adele is the obvious choice to record the next Bond theme,' a source told British newspaper The Sun. 'The last few songs for the spy movies have hardly set the charts alight. After her success this year filmmakers know the song is almost guaranteed to be a huge hit."

The singer will team up with producer Paul Epworth for the song.

Paul has previously worked with Cee Lo Green, Plan B and Florence and the Machine.

Adele has had huge success with her albums 19 and 21, both of which are autobiographical.

Stars including Sir Paul McCartney, Shirley Bassey, Alicia Keys, Madonna, Tina Turner and Carly Simon have all lent their voices to Bond songs in the past.

The next instalment will be directed by Sam Mendes and sees Daniel Craig reprise his role as the suave British spy.

The movie is due out later next year.

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp? ... emID=44533
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: Adele recording new Bond song

Post by Blowfeld »

Adele is the obvious choice which is why something will happen to blow it up :?

"a source told The Sun" if I had a nickel.... I believe this is the same thing she accidental let slip she is working on a treatment, the producers would be fools not to use her however it doesn't mean it will be a hit maybe just a good song. Althou I rather hope they go the instrumental rout and use Adele for movie which looks less like a train wreck.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
katied

Post by katied »

If it is true.....

YES!!! :happy spin:

I like her music..a good choice.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I doubt they can do worse than the last two choices.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

katied wrote:If it is true.....

YES!!! :happy spin:

I like her music..a good choice.
If she's that great, save it for the 7th Bond.
katied

Post by katied »

There's very few artists I think are good enough to do a Bonf theme. I think things were made more difficult when their first choice died on them(three guesses who that was? :twisted: )
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

But if Bond 23 gets an Oscar nomination because of this, then we should kiss the idea of Cavill or other traditional types as Bond goodbye and go for Carrot Top instead.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

She a great voice and style for Bond although her stalker chick style is a little creepy. No means No Adele, sorry.
http://thequietus.com/articles/06446-ad ... you-review
............ :007:
katied

Post by katied »

It's Adele's version of Every Breath You Take :|
MichaelZWilliamson
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia With Love

Post by MichaelZWilliamson »

Dr. No wrote:I doubt they can do worse than the last two choices.
I liked Chris Cornell's theme. I don't even remember what Quantum of Suck had. Some emo pop thing with lots of gate filter?
Recent work from Michael Z. Williamson
BATTLE LUNA (co-author), Baen Books, Jul 2020
FREEHOLD: DEFIANCE (editor), Baen Books, May 2021
THAT WAS NOW, THIS IS THEN, Baen Books, Dec 2021

http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Looks like Adele (whom I adore) is out of the running. She may have been anyway with last years voice problems.
Adele: 'I am f**king off for five years'

Record-breaking singer is planning a break from music to concentrate on her relationship
I actually think an instrumental is more likely this year because David Arnold is not involved.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote:Adele has started writing the new James Bond song, it has been reported.
Yes, "it has been reported" again and again and again. Doesn't make it true, and I doubt the theme tune artist has been chosen yet while the movie is still in production. Oh, and Adele has denied the stories about taking a five-year break. So I have no idea what to believe. As ever, it's just a case of waiting for the official announcement, I suppose.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Kristatos wrote:
The Sweeney wrote:Adele has started writing the new James Bond song, it has been reported.
Yes, "it has been reported" again and again and again. Doesn't make it true, and I doubt the theme tune artist has been chosen yet while the movie is still in production. Oh, and Adele has denied the stories about taking a five-year break. So I have no idea what to believe. As ever, it's just a case of waiting for the official announcement, I suppose.
I started this thread yonks ago. How come it has been resurrected now??
katied

Post by katied »

With Arnold not around anymore and Amy Winehouse dead, and Adele *not* doing the theme, I have a feeling that the theme is going to be left 'till the last.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

katied wrote:With Arnold not around anymore and Amy Winehouse dead, and Adele *not* doing the theme, I have a feeling that the theme is going to be left 'till the last.
This is how they always do it so why not unless Craig is gong to sing the theme.
katied

Post by katied »

Oh dear lord no!Speaking of cost-cutting !:mrgreen:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Maybe no singing and Cr-egg will recite Skyfall poetry in drag?
katied

Post by katied »

bjmdds wrote:Maybe no singing and Cr-egg will recite Skyfall poetry in drag?

Don't give Babs any ideas!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

The Sweeney wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
I started this thread yonks ago. How come it has been resurrected now??
It was regenerated ;) :) because Adele was in the news, between Tom Jones's deceleration she must sing a Bond theme and her winning then seeming announcement of a sabbatical it seem to me better to use the original thread than create a new one.
katied

Post by katied »

Adele is the flavor of the moment so it makes perfect sense that they would start that rumor up again.