Has Ben Whishaw Been Cast in James Bond 23?

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

More rumours, based on what I have no idea. Seems others are starting to notice no real confirmations have come up after rumours concerning casting 3 months ago.

Read more: Has Ben Whishaw Been Cast in James Bond 23? - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81220

Source: Edward Douglas
August 19, 2011

Over the last few months, there's been plenty of rumors and very few confirmations about who might be appearing in Sam Mendes' upcoming and untitled James Bond movie currently dubbed Bond 23.

Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes are still being considered for two unnamed leads, but one name we haven't heard mentioned but who seems to already be attached is actor Ben Whishaw. According to our sources, the 30-year-old British actor who has appeared in movies like Bright Star, I'm Not There and Layer Cake (with current Bond Daniel Craig) will be co-starring in the movie in an undisclosed role.

We also have learned from the same source that the two "Bond Girls" this time around will be a "beautiful English Agent" and a "Beautiful Asian woman" named "Severin." With Dame Judi Dench returning as and Naomie Harris being rumored to be a part of the movie playing the new Moneypenny, that means there are two other female roles to be cast.

Since the movie is set to start shooting this November with a set release date of November 9, 2012, we have to assume that some of these roles and casting will be confirmed soon enough, but for now, there's a few small tidbits to keep you sated.

(Photo Credit: WENN.com)

Read more: Has Ben Whishaw Been Cast in James Bond 23? - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81220
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: Has Ben Whishaw Been Cast in James Bond 23?

Post by FormerBondFan »

I think Voldy should away from Bond 23.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

I thought he was supposed to be a hip rising star. He should steer clear of Bond.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Watched the first part of The Hour the other day. Have the second episode TiVoed but haven't watched it yet. Whishlaw's character refers to one of his colleagues as "Moneypenny". :mrgreen: