Naomie Harris: The Next Bond Girl?

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Naomie Harris: The Next Bond Girl?

Post by Kristatos »

stockslivevan wrote: For example the female M idea was MGW's, not Babs like everyone assumes.
I thought it was Martin Campbell's idea, based on Stella Rimington being appointed head of MI6 in real life.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Thunderpussy wrote:Mr T 4 Q.

Q: Pay attention foo ( throws snickers bar at bond)
bond: But?
Q: Quit your jibba jabba & start listening to me sucker, else I bring pain.I pity the babs who thinks bond should be artistic.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Kristatos wrote:
stockslivevan wrote: For example the female M idea was MGW's, not Babs like everyone assumes.
I thought it was Martin Campbell's idea, based on Stella Rimington being appointed head of MI6 in real life.
In the commentary with Wilson and Campbell, someone within EON threw out the idea in the air and MGW wanted to make that a priority for GE because he thought it would work great to show the changing of the times surrounding Bond reflecting on the post-cold war era. They do mention Stella Rimington being an influence of sorts but not the main reason. However the casting of Judi Dench was Babs' idea and MGW strongly agreed that if a female M were to be brought in it would either be a heavy hitter like Dench or no one at all.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

stockslivevan wrote:
katied wrote:MG Wilson is a silent-more like muffled really-partner in EON. :mrgreen:
And what do you base that on? Because the guy has been recording DVD commentaries with the directors since GE.
Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote: MGW has really become her pet rock. He is no longer significant. They just wake him up for the promotional aspects of the film which he had ZERO input into, and after the movie run ends, he's back in hibernation mode.
I'm not sure he's any less culpable. He wanted to reboot the franchise in 1987 with TLD, but Cubby said no.
Yup, the reboot idea was definitely MGW's baby, he still has plenty of influence just as Babs. Just listen to the commentaries he contributed in he provides a lot of info on the creative process of the films that were under his watch, he's not chained in some dungeon as BJ and other fans seems to believe. For example the female M idea was MGW's, not Babs like everyone assumes. That's one thing that turns me off from this site once in awhile with characters like BJ making assumptions like the one he made above.
I wonder what 'characters' like your buddy George 88 think? MGW is more involved with creatively imitating the sleep habits of polar bears during winter than with the intricate details of making a Bond film. He did not even want Cr-egg as Bond, did he? How did that turn out? Did he get HIS way or the highway?
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:
katied wrote:MG Wilson is a silent-more like muffled really-partner in EON. :mrgreen:
And what do you base that on? Because the guy has been recording DVD commentaries with the directors since GE.
Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote: MGW has really become her pet rock. He is no longer significant. They just wake him up for the promotional aspects of the film which he had ZERO input into, and after the movie run ends, he's back in hibernation mode.
I'm not sure he's any less culpable. He wanted to reboot the franchise in 1987 with TLD, but Cubby said no.
Yup, the reboot idea was definitely MGW's baby, he still has plenty of influence just as Babs. Just listen to the commentaries he contributed in he provides a lot of info on the creative process of the films that were under his watch, he's not chained in some dungeon as BJ and other fans seems to believe. For example the female M idea was MGW's, not Babs like everyone assumes. That's one thing that turns me off from this site once in awhile with characters like BJ making assumptions like the one he made above.
I wonder what 'characters' like your buddy George 88 think? MGW is more involved with creatively imitating the sleep habits of polar bears during winter than with the intricate details of making a Bond film. He did not even want Cr-egg as Bond, did he? How did that turn out? Did he get HIS way or the highway?
Wilson is about 80 and probably bored with the whole thing.
katied

Post by katied »

MG Wilson is older than Babs... he was born in 1942 and I believe Babs was born in 1960.So 18 years' age difference.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

bjmdds wrote:I wonder what 'characters' like your buddy George 88 think?
What are you talking about?
He did not even want Cr-egg as Bond, did he? How did that turn out? Did he get HIS way or the highway?
Did you pull that out of your ass or something? Wilson seemed quite happy hiring Daniel, like how 90% of the world is happy with Craig as Bond. You've been spending way too much time here.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

90% Stocks? Where did you get that statistic, your bag of tricks? Clean up your posts or leave by the way. Crude remarks will no longer be tolerated. First you referred to me as a 'character' here, then a reference relating to an anatomical removal. You still are the same as you always were. I guess people really do not change. Sad indeed, and truthfully pathetic.
katied

Post by katied »

Dame Judi doesn't look *exactly* like Stella Rimington, but it's obvious they did their homework.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

bjmdds wrote:90% Stocks? Where did you get that statistic, your bag of tricks?
It's the general consensus, as far as I am aware. Even despite QOS, Craig's performance still got praises.
Clean up your posts or leave by the way. Crude remarks will no longer be tolerated.
If my colorful metaphors offend you so much take it up with the mods, don't sit on a high horse playing policeman.
First you referred to me as a 'character' here
Well, you are a unique fellow. Excuse the remark.
then a reference relating to an anatomical removal.
Fine, I'll rephrase it: "BJ, where did you get the little tidbit of MGW not wanting Craig? Your bag of tricks?"
You still are the same as you always were. I guess people really do not change. Sad indeed, and truthfully pathetic.
And most importantly: lighten up.
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

stockslivevan wrote:It's the general consensus, as far as I am aware. Even despite QOS, Craig's performance still got praises.
The Craig casting has actually been quite polarizing, but no doubt he does some fans.
stockslivevan wrote:Fine, I'll rephrase it: "BJ, where did you get the little tidbit of MGW not wanting Craig? Your bag of tricks?"
Barbara Broccoli was the main supporter of Craig. Wilson backed down to Broccoli and capitulated on the Craig casting. The studios wanted Brosnan back.
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: Wilson is about 80 and probably bored with the whole thing.
I agree. Probably bored, and probably worn out by it all.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

I 've heard a few people Like Craig as Bond ( I've never actually met any, But I keep being told they Exist ) :P
Wilson does seem Bored with Bond, as Babs is the main hand at the helm ( Helm, nows there's a good name for an agent ) :lol:
so she calls the shots, leaving him with the problem of where to do his screen apperance in Bond 23
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I thought Michael G. Wilson wanted Julian McMahon.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Bond77 wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:It's the general consensus, as far as I am aware. Even despite QOS, Craig's performance still got praises.
The Craig casting has actually been quite polarizing, but no doubt he does some fans.
stockslivevan wrote:Fine, I'll rephrase it: "BJ, where did you get the little tidbit of MGW not wanting Craig? Your bag of tricks?"
Barbara Broccoli was the main supporter of Craig. Wilson backed down to Broccoli and capitulated on the Craig casting. The studios wanted Brosnan back.
Where is this evidence that Wilson did NOT want Craig in the role?
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

stockslivevan wrote:
Bond77 wrote:
Where is this evidence that Wilson did NOT want Craig in the role?
Plenty of evidence out there my Monty Python pal. MGW might be on board now but he did fight Craig. So did Sony. So did MGM long before it became Sony's call.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

Mazer Rackham wrote:Plenty of evidence out there my Monty Python pal. MGW might be on board now but he did fight Craig.
Would you care to share them?
katied

Post by katied »

Mazer is a reliable source. Most of us here don't doubt what he says.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

stockslivevan wrote:
Mazer Rackham wrote:Plenty of evidence out there my Monty Python pal. MGW might be on board now but he did fight Craig.
Would you care to share them?
Not really. Its a PITA to locate them all again.
The most recent was an interview with Mikey's neighbor she revealed his concerns about Craig and the change in direction, remember this would be in reference to something he said 2005 early 2006.

If I find where I saved them I'll send them along, I don't have the time at the moment but there were plenty of examples. Most would be lost in the hype leading up to CR.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Q knows his onions and if he says it I believe him. MGW was NOT a Cr-egg fan. The green vegetable turned him into one by her powers that be. Then he went back to sleep in his mansion in Europe.