Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Anthony Hopkins Rumour

Post by Blowfeld »

The Sun has Anthony Hopkins as 'close to signing on'. I do not believe it any more than when the Al Pacino and Sean Connery rumours were making 'news'.
A source said: "The only stumbling block seems to be the number of films he is signing up for. There is a chance the character they want him to play could become a regular feature, like Blofeld back in the day."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... llain.html
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Re: Anthony Hopkins Rumour

Post by Mazer Rackham »

No he is not. Look at his schedule for the 2011 & 2012 years four films in production and two in development. If, big IF, Hopkins is in talks it is for a non time consuming part. At this point there is nothing to work off of to schedule / cement a deal with a busy actor like ol' Hannibal.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Mr. Big
Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Big »

It's a shame he did not make more movies with his When Eight Bells Tolls character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Eight ... 71_film%29
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Mazer Rackham wrote:No he is not. Look at his schedule for the 2011 & 2012 years four films in production and two in development. If, big IF, Hopkins is in talks it is for a non time consuming part. At this point there is nothing to work off of to schedule / cement a deal with a busy actor like ol' Hannibal.
I don't understand why nobody bothers to do the above. And the same applies to other actors (I won't say names) who are continuously referred to as "Bond no. 7" by the fanboys. Uh... if they're already filming for all of 2012 I would say that's a no. Never mind the completely bad looks, just the schedule should clue people in. Besides, nobody has been signed on for this Bond 23 movie, this is the truth. It's March and there is absolutely NO sign of any location scouting, let alone any casting, or even casting process going on. Of course this is not true, and equally untrue is Javier Bardem playing the villain. Or Kevin Spacey for that matter. So there's no script, no villain, no Bond girl, not the slightest trace of a location. And just out of mere efficiency, let's bear in mind that by this time next year they must be at the very least halfway done filming. Seriously?
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

I know exactly who you are referring to with "Bond no. 7". :mrgreen:

Never mind all of 2012..that person is booked up for quite a while and I doubt they would be able to fit Bond in their schedule. :wink:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Alessandra wrote:
I don't understand why nobody bothers to do the above.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/report ... ion,19026/
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

I think by the Time Babs and Craig are finished with Bond, Many of the names being thrown around as Replacements may not want the Job. There was a time when Being Bond was a Huge Thing, But sadly Now after QOS and Craigs ad stunt I really do believe the Series and character is tarnished, so mabey some of these Actors might Pass on playing Bond.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Thunderpussy wrote:I think by the Time Babs and Craig are finished with Bond, Many of the names being thrown around as Replacements may not want the Job. There was a time when Being Bond was a Huge Thing, But sadly Now after QOS and Craigs ad stunt I really do believe the Series and character is tarnished, so mabey some of these Actors might Pass on playing Bond.
Does that mean Bond is dead? If it's dead, I'm fine with that. There's plenty of other alternative Bond franchises to look forward to. Indy, Batman, Star Trek, Iron Man, Bourne, Potter, Narnia....you name them. When one of these franchises (Potter and Batman) done its job in the big screen, others will rise.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

I never thought I'd say this But, Mabey they should Rest the series give it about 10 Years or so. Then come back with a Big splash. At the Moment if i was an Actor I'd think twice over taking on Bond IMHO it's not the Plum Role it once was, Thanks to Babs and Craig. :evil:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Thunderpussy wrote:I never thought I'd say this But, Mabey they should Rest the series give it about 10 Years or so. Then come back with a Big splash.
That's what I'm talking about. In addition, EON should be removed from their positions, and new owners should take over just like Batman and Trek. But Mikey's kids can stay as executive producers.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Cinema Blend earns a little more stature in my eyes for reporting this correctly :shock:
This story starts with a warning: Don’t believe anything you’re about to read. It comes from the most unreliable British tabloid in existence, a publication proven to falsify information in order to generate interest. There’s no way this is true, but we’re reporting it anyway, because we don’t filter the news, we just tell you about it and leave the rest up to you. Besides, wild speculation is fun, and movie talk is supposed to be fun, isn’t it?

The Sun claims Sir Anthony Hopkins could be the villain of the next Bond movie. They cite a vague, unspecified source who says the only thing holding the deal up is the number of films MGM wants him to commit to.

While it’s true that Hopkins plays a good villain, he has played so many bad guys by now that it’s rapidly becoming a cliché. You know what the next Bond movie doesn’t need? A cliché. And while it’s true that the best Bond movies often have great bad guys, that doesn’t necessarily mean they have memorable criminal masterminds. In my mind GoldenEye is still the best Bond movie, and who’s the movie’s most memorable villain? Xenia Onatopp, the Famke Janssen played hitwoman who kills men by seducing them into her bed and crushing them beneath her thighs. Anthony Hopkins is no Xenia Onatopp. I don’t think he even wears high-heels. If they hire Hopkins, he’ll definitely be some sort of criminal mastermind. That’s what he does.
This story can be found here
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

I think Antony Hopkins is just a name they keep throwing out there on slow news days. But then for Bond 23 if they get him they might want him in drag, the new M perhaps. :lol:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Blowfeld wrote:Cinema Blend earns a little more stature in my eyes for reporting this correctly :shock:
This story starts with a warning: Don’t believe anything you’re about to read. It comes from the most unreliable British tabloid in existence, a publication proven to falsify information in order to generate interest. There’s no way this is true, but we’re reporting it anyway, because we don’t filter the news, we just tell you about it and leave the rest up to you. Besides, wild speculation is fun, and movie talk is supposed to be fun, isn’t it?

The Sun claims Sir Anthony Hopkins could be the villain of the next Bond movie. They cite a vague, unspecified source who says the only thing holding the deal up is the number of films MGM wants him to commit to.

While it’s true that Hopkins plays a good villain, he has played so many bad guys by now that it’s rapidly becoming a cliché. You know what the next Bond movie doesn’t need? A cliché. And while it’s true that the best Bond movies often have great bad guys, that doesn’t necessarily mean they have memorable criminal masterminds. In my mind GoldenEye is still the best Bond movie, and who’s the movie’s most memorable villain? Xenia Onatopp, the Famke Janssen played hitwoman who kills men by seducing them into her bed and crushing them beneath her thighs. Anthony Hopkins is no Xenia Onatopp. I don’t think he even wears high-heels. If they hire Hopkins, he’ll definitely be some sort of criminal mastermind. That’s what he does.
This story can be found here
Positively shocking Blowfeld, I agree :shock:

Well, at least SOMEONE sometimes bothers to speak with their professional conscience and does report things correctly. That's a relief. Plus what they said about Bond villains... absolutely true.
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

Bond's not dead..he's just had a sex change! :mrgreen:
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

Bond's not dead..he's just had a sex change!

Might I add He's also ............................
Had a Charisma and Personality Bypass
and has started to take massive amounts of steroids apparently.
katied

Post by katied »

Thunderpussy wrote:Bond's not dead..he's just had a sex change!

Might I add He's also ............................
Had a Charisma and Personality Bypass
and has started to take massive amounts of steroids apparently.

Re:steroids: Apparently he thinks he's Ah-nuld. He wishes! :D
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

NO WAY, Arnold is a Much better Actor. :lol:
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Thunderpussy wrote:NO WAY, Arnold is a Much better Actor. :lol:
He's better than Van Damme and Fat Seagal.
katied

Post by katied »

Craig would have to be in the gym, 24-7 for a long time, plus take steroids, to be anywhere *near* Ahnuld's league. :lol:
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

When he stops being the Guv-anator, Even his name will be connected with Bond 23/24 :lol: