Can Monsters Inc 2 keep Bond 23 off the top?

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Can Monsters Inc 2 keep Bond 23 off the top?

Post by bjmdds »

bjmdds » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:10 pm
Maybe a re-release Of Cr-egg's The Invasion will help him that month? :lol:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Kristatos wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote: Iron Man will rise again in 2013. Hopefully Narnia will be there too.
Given the lacklustre box office performance of the last two Narnia films, I won't hold my breath.
Narnia 3 is close to $400 million.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Thunderpussy wrote:Thunderpussy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:57 am
There was a time a Bond Movie didn't have to worry about the competition, It was a guarenteed Hit, Thanks to the great work of Babs and Co, Bond has become a generic action hero with mild depression. and can't really be distinguished from Bourne etc.
I would say the New Direction they've taken Bond is down the toilet. :evil:
:lol: Made me laugh but it's a sad truth.

Meantime the latest Disney toon was a complete and utter DISASTER at box office last weekend :shock: The worst performing cartoon ever, and one of the biggest money losers of all times. :shock: If even a Disney cartoon isn't safe, I would not sleep soundly if I were MGM and EON. Considering how Bond 23 is shaping up to be, I very much doubt it can be any serious competition for the movies it's running up against.

BJ, they already knew about Monsters Inc and about Twilight when they picked the release date. Those had picked release dates way before. So they knew what they were up against, which is the most puzzling detail. They clearly are either delusional or just out of this world. Or probably both.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Thunderpussy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:49 pm
Just watched Film 2011,and the reviewers loved the new X-men movie and said it had the feel and look of one of the old Bonds. Seems others can tell a winning forumla even if the Bond producers can't. :evil:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Thunderpussy wrote:Thunderpussy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:49 pm
Just watched Film 2011,and the reviewers loved the new X-men movie and said it had the feel and look of one of the old Bonds. Seems others can tell a winning forumla even if the Bond producers can't. :evil:
It's finished already?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FormerBondFan wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote: Iron Man will rise again in 2013. Hopefully Narnia will be there too.
Given the lacklustre box office performance of the last two Narnia films, I won't hold my breath.
Narnia 3 is close to $400 million.
It's going to be a close call I think.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Narnia 3's budget was around $140 million to $155 million.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Alessandra
Alessandra wrote:Meantime the latest Disney toon was a complete and utter DISASTER at box office last weekend :shock: The worst performing cartoon ever, and one of the biggest money losers of all times. :shock: If even a Disney cartoon isn't safe, I would not sleep soundly if I were MGM and EON.
The upside of that is that Disney pulled the plug on Zemeckis's proposed remake of Yellow Submarine using the same dead-eyed CGI motion capture technique. If ever a film didn't need remaking it's Yellow Submarine. I love the original, but it's very much of its time and its unique pop-art animation style is basically the whole show. Take that away and there's bugger all to it, really.
katied

Post by katied »

Thank goodness they didn't remake Yellow Submarine.

I'm curious to see The X Men movie, especially if it's got a Bond vibe to it(but not in a cheesy way.)
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:Alessandra
Alessandra wrote:Meantime the latest Disney toon was a complete and utter DISASTER at box office last weekend :shock: The worst performing cartoon ever, and one of the biggest money losers of all times. :shock: If even a Disney cartoon isn't safe, I would not sleep soundly if I were MGM and EON.
The upside of that is that Disney pulled the plug on Zemeckis's proposed remake of Yellow Submarine using the same dead-eyed CGI motion capture technique. If ever a film didn't need remaking it's Yellow Submarine. I love the original, but it's very much of its time and its unique pop-art animation style is basically the whole show. Take that away and there's bugger all to it, really.
Thank GOD for that! I am of your same opinion... I don't even know HOW they got the idea of remaking that. You can't touch it, the end.

I actually saw a VERY bad review for X-Men from a known critic on twitter, and now I can't find it. d**n. But all the hype surrounding it doesn't seem to have evidence in box office, seen as it did ok, but nothing more than that. Didn't have great box office numbers so far.
"Are we on coms?"