Roger Deakins Heading To Bond 23?

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Roger Deakins Heading To Bond 23?

Post by Goldeneye »

From the Collider interview.
http://collider.com/roger-deakins-inter ... -23/75435/
So we’re just beginning 2011, you just wrapped a movie, are you already thinking about what you want to do this year, and I guess my other part to this is, how far in advance are directors coming up to you to try to see about your schedule for the future? And how selective are you? Could you sort of talk about how you pick a project?

Deakins: Joel and Ethan plan quite in advance and obviously I’ve got a relationship with then. I’ll probably do a film with Sam Mendes next who I’ve worked with a couple of times, but usually the films come up very late. It’s just the kind of films I like doing I suppose as much as anything else, you know sort of the medium budget movies that are character driven. They don’t usually get green lit until quite late. So although I might be approached about or I might talk to somebody about a film, there are a number of directors who I’ve been talking to who are planning to do this film or that film, but it’s not actually green lit and it’s not set up and you kind of might be hoping it’s going to happen. But you don’t know what you’re doing until it gets financed, so it’s very rare, frankly it’s very rare that I have anything in the future other than in a few months you know.

Well you mentioned Sam Mendes and obviously he’s doing Bond, does that mean you’re shooting Bond?

Deakins: It might yeah.

I don’t even know how to respond to that! That’s amazing. That’s just fantastic.

Deakins: It could be, we’ll see!

You’ve obviously worked with Sam before?

Deakins: Yeah, I did Jarhead and Revolutionary Road.