A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Old villians in Bond 23

Post by mcbride007 »

Daniel Craig is still a young agent so I imagine that Bond 23 will be set before the Dr. No movie. Therefore all the villains who died in the movie series can be used. Maybe they could have Bond meeting a young Goldfinger or Hugo Drax in Bond 23?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Old villians in Bond 23

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Love the guy about to throw the Tophat with the McHammer Glasses, 90s rapper track suit complete with solid gold chain. FoReaLYo!
............ :007:
Mulli
New Recruit

Post by Mulli »

mcbride007 wrote:Daniel Craig is still a young agent so I imagine that Bond 23 will be set before the Dr. No movie. Therefore all the villains who died in the movie series can be used. Maybe they could have Bond meeting a young Goldfinger or Hugo Drax in Bond 23?
I don't think the so called 'reboot' has been set up that way mcbride007.
In their infinite wisdom, Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson have decided that they want to ignore all the past (*great*) Bond films.
And begin the series again. But not remake any of the old (*great*) Bond films.
So Bond won't meet Doctor No, battle Red Grant, take on SPECTRE, marry Tracy or confront Hugo Drax.
He will however, mumble, throw colleagues in a dumpster , fight villains who are less menacing than your mum, act more like a thug than a gentleman spy, and save the Bolivian water supply. :roll:
Will the real James Bond, please come back.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Mulli wrote: So Bond won't meet Doctor No, battle Red Grant, take on SPECTRE, marry Tracy or confront Hugo Drax.
In other words, since our experiences shape us as much as our genes, he won't be the same character.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Mulli wrote:
mcbride007 wrote:Daniel Craig is still a young agent so I imagine that Bond 23 will be set before the Dr. No movie. Therefore all the villains who died in the movie series can be used. Maybe they could have Bond meeting a young Goldfinger or Hugo Drax in Bond 23?
I don't think the so called 'reboot' has been set up that way mcbride007.
In their infinite wisdom, Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson have decided that they want to ignore all the past (*great*) Bond films.
And begin the series again. But not remake any of the old (*great*) Bond films.
So Bond won't meet Doctor No, battle Red Grant, take on SPECTRE, marry Tracy or confront Hugo Drax.
He will however, mumble, throw colleagues in a dumpster , fight villains who are less menacing than your mum, act more like a thug than a gentleman spy, and save the Bolivian water supply. :roll:
Will the real James Bond, please come back.
Some day, mulli, some day. That better translate into "Bond 24". Because we're losing all hope to ever see James Bond again unless things keep progressing the way they seem to be behind the scenes... that means getting Bond BACK to traditional territory, with a good-looking, stylish, charming and YOUNG actor who can bring Bond back from the ashes. Or should I say just bring Bond back, seen as if this happens, I think the Craig movies will be just basically removed from canon. (As should be, seen as they are NOT Bond movies).

The lack of originality in penning decent villains and writing Bond as he should be is what strikes me most. These people aren't original, like Barbara Broccoli seems to imagine and be so proud of, they just cram together half copied ideas from the MOST generic action figures out there and put the "Bond" label over the horrid soup they produce, that's all. Clearly this being the premise, what they give us has got nothing to do with Bond whatsoever... and those who have had an actual taste of what Bond is like and should be will refuse to go from the Lobster dinner that the actual Bond is to the effing Tofu lobster (yes I hate Tofu and all those ridiculously BAD "diet" foods that just pretend to copy the taste of the real thing... while being NOTHING like it of course) we're getting now!
"Are we on coms?"