Bond 23 to start where QoS ends

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Bond 23 to start where QoS ends

Post by The Sweeney »

This was announced on BBC Radio One yesterday. I really hope it isn't true. I am done with this character-building arc of the rookie Bond.
I want a standalone GF type movie, with no references to what has gone before.

Maybe it will just be the deleted scene with Mr.White from QOS that will crop up in the PTS. If that is the only link to QOS then I'll be ok with that, then a new story kicks off after the opening credits - similar to FYEO.
katied

Re: Bond 23 to start where QoS ends

Post by katied »

On the plus side, when it comes back to "The present day" after the credits(if that's the way they do it-and it sounds like they will), he'll have aged enough that it'll be believable(sorry,I couldn't resist!) :wink:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Oh God. I thought the whole reason the "cliffhanger" ending to QOS got deleted was so they wouldn't have to do that. But then, when there was talk that Craig might not be back for the next one, I lost count of the number of messageboard comments I read saying "I hope Craig comes back so that he can complete the trilogy". I guess there are some fans that EON listens to - young, stupid ones who are unable to grasp the concept of a two-part story.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I saw this in several places as well. I take it with a pinch of salt at this point. Althou it my be correct. I can't see them doing this four to five years after the poorly received QOS absolutely makes no sense. Then again we are talking about EON :(
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Unfortunately that's what I had been hearing as well. That it picks up right where QoS left off. Which is at this point beyond ridiculous. Not to mention since QoS sucked, this is setting up to be more of the same, LITERALLY? :( I hope something happens since the script is far from finalized and that they change it. This would be an absolute idiocy. The fact they are casting the head of Quantum as the villain though, certainly isn't reassuring. Even if it doesn't pick up right after this will still be dealing with the Quantum organization which, weak as the premise was in QoS, is beyond bad regardless.
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

I lost count of the number of messageboard comments I read saying "I hope Craig comes back so that he can complete the trilogy". I guess there are some fans that EON listens to - young, stupid ones who are unable to grasp the concept of a two-part story.
Seeing as how I can say this without reprisal :lol: EON does read what's said, and the fan boards in particular.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Bourne Mimicry, aka QOS, ended with Bond walking off the set. That is where they should pick up the storyline, from where Cr-egg walks off the set, and into oblivion! I told you it does NOT matter what the storyline is. As long as Cr-egg is still in the role it will be awful, boring, and do less at the box office than QOSTBM. Unless they can get teenagers into the theatres multiple times to witness the film, they will not do well for the experienced Bond fan has had enough of this already. What a wasted decade of Bond. It will go down as the Bobby Ewing era of Bond whereas Duffy's entire year off of Dallas was just a lousy 'nightmare', which Cr-egg is as Bond, for a decade! They can have Moneypenny opening the PTS in Bond 24, waking up from a dream saying she had a horrible nightmare that Daniel Cr-Egg was Bond for a decade and it was just dread awful. When she turns to awaken, Henry Cavill is standing there saying, "no need to fear. I am Bond, James Bond". Let them make Bond 23 and move on once it goes straight to video. :down:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

katied wrote:
I lost count of the number of messageboard comments I read saying "I hope Craig comes back so that he can complete the trilogy". I guess there are some fans that EON listens to - young, stupid ones who are unable to grasp the concept of a two-part story.
Seeing as how I can say this without reprisal :lol: EON does read what's said, and the fan boards in particular.
I'm starting to think My joke post of bond wrestlng plastic piranha fish isn't far off now from this annoucement.

How stupid are eon, that's like making a sequel to the dreadful mortal kombat annihilation that ruined a great franchise in one film and saying let's do it again I don't think they mind, maybe eon should look at bond fans who don't just think his films are about being as miserable as possible, beating the crap out of everything and getting him out of the trance he was hypnotised on by a hypnotist to believe he's the terminator/rambo/hulk/ and a monkey in a suit.

It's insulting that dalton was taken off after 2 films for being bad but craig stays on, why doesn't eon run a reality tv programme called bonds got talent, look for someone who looks and acts like bond instead of a guy who has a severe case of pmt and goes sparta on his enemies because he was easily influenced by the 300.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

How did QOS end again? He was in Russia wasn't he and I think was going to room with Jason Bourne in that small Russian tenement. There doesn't seem to be anything to pick up from there. Unless they add a scene ala BTTF 2, pan out a see some sinister types watching them from afar and Bond is kidnapped and released 10 years later by the looks of him :lol:
............ :007:
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

That seems to be the talk so far, Bond 23 takes up where Quark left off. People had trouble following CR to Quark, and that was only two years, no they should really let this drop.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

Mazer Rackham wrote:That seems to be the talk so far, Bond 23 takes up where Quark left off. People had trouble following CR to Quark, and that was only two years, no they should really let this drop.
This. It'll just serve to make things even more confusing. You know people watching it will be like "WTF?!?". That's something reviewers will pick up on too. They *will* nitpick stuff, if there's stuff to be nitpicked.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote: Seeing as how I can say this without reprisal :lol: EON does read what's said, and the fan boards in particular.
They sure as hell don't read this one, unless it's to read what we want and then do the opposite.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:How did QOS end again? He was in Russia wasn't he and I think was going to room with Jason Bourne in that small Russian tenement. There doesn't seem to be anything to pick up from there. Unless they add a scene ala BTTF 2, pan out a see some sinister types watching them from afar and Bond is kidnapped and released 10 years later by the looks of him :lol:
Or they could start it with the deleted cliffhanger scene that I'm told was on the DVD of Quark. But let's not be hasty, it may just be another bulls**t rumour like the "Michael Sheen is playing Blofeld" one.
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:How did QOS end again? He was in Russia wasn't he and I think was going to room with Jason Bourne in that small Russian tenement. There doesn't seem to be anything to pick up from there. Unless they add a scene ala BTTF 2, pan out a see some sinister types watching them from afar and Bond is kidnapped and released 10 years later by the looks of him :lol:
Or they could start it with the deleted cliffhanger scene that I'm told was on the DVD of Quark. But let's not be hasty, it may just be another bulls**t rumour like the "Michael Sheen is playing Blofeld" one.
I sure hope that's the case. But it's been pretty insistent and it doesn't go away. And the people they picked for Bond 23 sure as hell don't seem any different from those they had in QoS. Let's hope something happens and the script is changed.
They can have Moneypenny opening the PTS in Bond 24, waking up from a dream saying she had a horrible nightmare that Daniel Cr-Egg was Bond for a decade and it was just dread awful. When she turns to awaken, Henry Cavill is standing there saying, "no need to fear. I am Bond, James Bond". Let them make Bond 23 and move on once it goes straight to video. :down:
I sure as hell vote for this one! Of course I will have to be Moneypenny in that case :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Are we on coms?"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Ale wrote:
I sure hope that's the case. But it's been pretty insistent and it doesn't go away
Neither does the endlessly recycled rumour about Sean Connery playing a villain or M. Doesn't make it true, though.
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

Have they learnt nothing? Eon are like some dictatorship who just carry on regardless.

Everyone wants a fresh start and a jolly good Bond movie not another entry in the mind numbing origin story.
katied

Post by katied »

Powder Puff wrote:Have they learnt nothing? Eon are like some dictatorship who just carry on regardless.

Everyone wants a fresh start and a jolly good Bond movie not another entry in the mind numbing origin story.
As I said on another thread, what EON needs is a coup. Kinda like what's going on in Egypt right now :lol:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

katied wrote:
Powder Puff wrote:Have they learnt nothing? Eon are like some dictatorship who just carry on regardless.

As I said on another thread, what EON needs is a coup. Kinda like what's going on in Egypt right now :lol:

This is eon

Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier

Post by Alessandra »

Kristatos wrote:
Ale wrote:
I sure hope that's the case. But it's been pretty insistent and it doesn't go away
Neither does the endlessly recycled rumour about Sean Connery playing a villain or M. Doesn't make it true, though.
True! But this particular one seems to come from reliable sources as well, not just the lowlife gossip ones. I just hope it's not true. Because if it is, we're in a lot of trouble. :gun:
"Are we on coms?"
katied

Post by katied »

True! But this particular one seems to come from reliable sources as well, not just the lowlife gossip ones. I just hope it's not true. Because if it is, we're in a lot of trouble. :gun:
To quote Desi Arnaz, they're gonna have a lot of 'splainin to do! :lol: