Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Peter Morgan Bond 23 Script was never finished

Post by Blowfeld »

Looks as if the rumours of Peter walking off are correct. www.comingsoon.net has an exclusive interview with Peter Morgan where the situation of Bond 23 script was discussed. According to Peter he never actually got started on Bond 23. On top of the revelation that there is no script for Bond 23 EON's DGW was saying it normally takes a full year to develop it. From what was said by those involved my guess is even in the best conditions Bond 23 is a 2013 to 2014 film.

CS: I don't know how much you can talk about this, but as far as working on the James Bond script, how far had you gotten along before they pulled the plug? Did you have a finished script?

Morgan: No, no, no, I hadn't gotten that far. I was working on an outline when they said, "We're going to have to stop this process now," and when it came to the point where I was going to commit to doing the Freddie Mercury film, I sort of discussed with my reps that it would probably take me out of all consideration and that's what's happened, and I wish them the best.

Read more: Exclusive: Hereafter Screenwriter Peter Morgan - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id-70761
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Re: Peter Morgan Bond 23 Script was never finished

Post by Blowfeld »

While posting a comment at another,ah hum more alternative forum I noticed someone had posted the MI6 version of the story. First time I got to read throu their version. Talk about CYA, can their relationship with EON get any more sycophantic?
Just before EON's official statement about the film's production freeze, producer Barbara Broccoli confirmed Sam Mendes was lined up to direct Bond 23. Industry buzz quickly surrounded Patrick Marber, the acclaimed playwright, who was understood to be wanted by Mendes as Morgan's replacement. Producers said at the time that the switch in writers was 'purely speculation', but it is now clear that a new writer was to be brought in with Morgan departing.
An incorrect assessment according to Peter Morgan who said he was working on Bond 23 and they called him to put it on hold after which he took another project which would take him out of consideration. Since all this happened after EON put Bond 23 on hold indefinitely how is it clear 'a new writer was to be brought in'? All before Bond 23 was put on hold and Peter Morgan had accepted another job. It may be clear now, as it is clear they are no further than they were in 2009 when MGW said nothing was being planned yet.

MI6 finished up with by filling in with the DGW interview from a few weeks ago. Their narrative centred around trying to smooth over and dismiss the obvious concerns all fans ought to have. I don't know why I am surprised they didn't report it strait up. Doctor Who fan sites do the same bluster, all positive spin, the new Doctor is the greatest thing since the Daleks learned to slice bread. etc.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
katied

Post by katied »

I'm not surprised by *any* of it. The fans at The Place That Can't Be Named are still acting like Bond 23 could happen within a year or so.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:I'm not surprised by *any* of it. The fans at The Place That Can't Be Named are still acting like Bond 23 could happen within a year or so.
And even if they have to wait until 2018, it's inevitable that Craig will play Bond in Bond 23.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

And even if they have to wait until 2018, it's inevitable that Craig will play Bond in Bond 23.

Of course. :roll: Cue a spirited defense of "He's not too old!" from the Craig diehards.

Never mind that he'll be pushing 50 by then.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

How can this be!They dropped the ball on the script big time Craig will have to write and direct it at this rate!What this really means is the kool-aid drinkers were way off,Bond 23 is no where near ready to go and they didn't know it because they were too damned confident.Craig is done as Bond 2012 is too late for him to star.Bond number 7 is only a formality at this point.
katied

Post by katied »

The "No negativity! Bond 23 WILL be written and in production/finished by 2012!" stuff from the kool aid drinkers(because that is what they are) elsewhere is already old hat. People need to start resigning themselves to a Bond without Craig(as much as they don't want to hear that) or, if Babs decides to keep him around, a very wizened Craig.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Is it possible DC will lose interest very sooner than we might think?
katied

Post by katied »

FormerBondFan wrote:Is it possible DC will lose interest very sooner than we might think?
Yes. I doubt he'll make money on his non-Bond projects, but if Bond 23 stays suspended, he won't have a choice, even if he is Babs' resident boy toy. The longer Bond 23 stays suspended, the more he has to think about it. Babs will probably try to bribe him into staying. :shock:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
Favorite Bond Movie: Octopussy
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
On Her Majestys Secret Service
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

oscartheman wrote:Craig is done as Bond 2012 is too late for him to star.Bond number 7 is only a formality at this point.
Only time will tell young Oscar. Though it has to be said, the dcinb crystal ball has been faulty in the past.
Just sayin'
:cheers:
katied

Post by katied »

Well, at least we're realistic(unlike a lot of the fans at the fan boards who actually think Bond 23 is going to go into production tomorrow(that's exaggerating a little, but still..) :?
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them
Favorite Movies: Lawrence Of Arabia, Forrest Gump, Jaws, The Shawshank Redemption, Vertigo, The Odd Couple, Zoolander, Cool Hand Luke, The Great Escape...many more.

Post by Captain Nash »

katied wrote:I'm not surprised by *any* of it. The fans at The Place That Can't Be Named are still acting like Bond 23 could happen within a year or so.
It could happen within a year or so.
I'm not sure why the majority of posters here think they're right, when it comes to the subject of why Bond 23 wont be out for many, many years to come. Who knows what's around the corner?
I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but no-one with any certainty can predict what will happen with Bond 23.
I'd prefer to see Daniel Craig return as Bond, because I feel it's a risk to change Bond actors to often. They should make at least 3 or 4 films during their tenure. I think the general audience would get bored if Bond kept changing often, and you also run the risk of worse casting choices. You think Craig is bad, but think of the chance of an American Bond, a ginger Bond, a coloured Bond....
Patience my dear anti-Craigs is what's needed, sit tight and wait for Craig to exit the role, then either rejoice that your idea of Bond has returned for Bond # 7, or if the next Bond is no better in your eyes than Craig, well you could have a long wait.
If that happens, find another franchise. :fight:
:wink:
katied

Post by katied »

Too much is expected of the Bond franchise.Especially from the people at The Place That Can't Be Named. :roll:

If you go by what they say, Bond should be out at an appointed time, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the Bond films, etc.Give me a f-ing break. :roll:
Captain Nash
SPECTRE 01
From Russia With Love
The Living Daylights
Doctor No
Ah heck all of them

Post by Captain Nash »

katied wrote:Too much is expected of the Bond franchise.Especially from the people at The Place That Can't Be Named. :roll:

If you go by what they say, Bond should be out at an appointed time, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the Bond films, etc.Give me a f-ing break. :roll:

In what way do members of Mi6 expect to much from the Bond franchise?
The same could surely be said of the members of this site. No?
I'm not entirely sure that members of Mi6 believe that Bond 23 should have an appointed time, to coincide with the 50th anniversary. Though as it is a major milestone, the likes of which many franchises can only dream of, it would be nice to have an event, or film to mark the occasion.
With your negativity towards Craig, and even more so toward EON, I'm left wondering what it is you like about Bond?
I don't recall a time when I've seen you or many of the members here post something positive about James Bond. If the series, and / or subject annoy you that much, then why bother? And certainly don't let it make you so angry and bitter. Life is to short.
:cheers:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Craig when Bond 23 is read to shoot......in 2014 :wink: :lol:
katied

Post by katied »

LOLing at the picture Blofeld posted :cheers:

For a while the consensus over at the Place That Can't Be Named was that they should try to do a 50th anniversary movie.For all the people that thought that was a good idea there were plenty of people :roll: (I'm with the latter, quite frankly)

Look at how frequently the suggestions of bringing back Spectre/Monneypenny/Q come up. Fans really seems to want those elements back. Wonder how long it'll be before the "Bring Spectre back!" dead horse is dug up and beaten again. :roll:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Anniversary film is a bad idea. Lok at what happened whey they tried to pay homage in the last one. They would need a new director and producer team to do right. I am socked they have no plans for bond 23 it really is like 1989 all over again. There is a rough idea of script but it will end up in a drawer like last time and a new script will be ordered then a new bond cast. No script means they essentally ahve nothing other than a place holder in name only and that does surprise me, they ahve learned nothign since Cubby died and are playing it by ear every movie. WTF!? this is why the fired pierce, because they ran out of idea and needed to reboot. What the hell they ran out of idea after 2 movies!

All I can say is "Bring Back Bond!" and I mean Bond not Craig's Spy
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

Some idiot fan over at The Place That Can't Be Named is trying to get EON to hire him as the writer for Bond 23(when and if that ever happens). Can you say "Bad idea?" I can. I don't seriously think EON would actually hire a fan to write the script for a Bond film. It's just one of those fanboy pipe dreams that is never going to happen. :roll:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:Some idiot fan over at The Place That Can't Be Named is trying to get EON to hire him as the writer for Bond 23(when and if that ever happens). Can you say "Bad idea?" I can. I don't seriously think EON would actually hire a fan to write the script for a Bond film. It's just one of those fanboy pipe dreams that is never going to happen. :roll:
That wouldn't be Scojo, would it? Ah well, at least his ambitions are a little more realistic than when he was trying to persuade them to cast him as Bond.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

No, it was Shadowonthesun. Apparently his suitability for the job stems from the fact that he has written a lot of fan fiction.And we know how fanwanky *that* can be.As far as it being a realistic dream..wouldn't he have to belong to some sort of writer's guild to even be *considered* ?