Jordana Brewster's Bond ambition

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Jordana Brewster's Bond ambition

Post by Goldeneye »

The Press Association
Jordana Brewster has revealed she's desperate to be a Bond girl.

The Fast And Furious actress is a huge fan of 007 and would be thrilled to star opposite British actor Daniel Craig in one of the spy films, says the New York Post.

The 28-year-old, who has most recently been seen in TV series Chuck, told Maxim magazine: "I'd love to be a Bond girl - I mean, if you're going to be stereotyped, there are worse things to be stereotyped as."

Jordana, whose other silver screen credits include The Faculty and The Invisible Circus, said women "always want to be what they're not".

"If you're the pretty girl, you want to be the quirky girl. If you're the smart girl, you want to be the pretty girl," she said.

Jordana can currently be seen playing Mia Toretto in racing movie Fast And Furious, which also stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Michelle Rodriguez.
katied

Re: Jordana Brewster's Bond ambition

Post by katied »

Eh, in my opinion, coming out and saying you want to be a Bond girl like that is gauche. :down:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

She's going about it the wrong way. She should say that the Bond films suck but that she'd be willing to do one if she is allowed to radically change the franchise to suit her. That seems to be the way to land the Bond gig these days.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Kristatos wrote:She's going about it the wrong way. She should say that the Bond films suck but that she'd be willing to do one if she is allowed to radically change the franchise to suit her. That seems to be the way to land the Bond gig these days.
I know,right! Still, it's amazing to me the people who have said they want to be a Bond girl(Jennifer Aniston,even though I think it was a rumor ,was one that made me :lol: )
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

How tall is this legendary thespian? Only joking...
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
Felix Leiter
Lieutenant

Post by Felix Leiter »

Never heard of her.
katied

Post by katied »

Felix Leiter wrote:Never heard of her.
I've heard of her but haven't seen any of her movies. From what I know of her she's quite popular with the lads mags. :roll:
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Disappointed with the pablum chosen to retell this story here. No better than the Craig Fanboy sites.

What the foxy unknown Jordana Brewster actually said in the Maxim interview was:

Code: Select all

Maxim: You’re this soft-spoken Yale grad, but your movie résumé reads like an action star’s.
Jordana: I’d love to be a Bond girl. I mean, if you’re going to be stereotyped, there are worse things to be stereotyped as. Women always want to be what they’re not: If you’re the pretty girl, you want to be the quirky girl. If you’re the smart girl, you want to be the pretty girl.

She is an unknown actress with some decent looks who would like a boost her career by staring in a high profile role no matter what role it is. What she does have is a better attitude than the last few sets of Bond Girls had. They were forthright about only doing the role for the sake of their career and were embarrassed to have sunk low enough and be desperate enough do a Bond movie. Jordan Brewster on the other hand would welcome all of the Bond Girl trappings.

Now I quietly await for my inevitable Ban for call out the OP :martini:
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

It can be a blessing and a curse.I mean,any time I seen an interview with Eva Green what do they mention first?The fact she was a Bond girl(and then that she was in The Dreamers !)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:It can be a blessing and a curse.I mean,any time I seen an interview with Eva Green what do they mention first?The fact she was a Bond girl(and then that she was in The Dreamers !)
Yes, very few Bond girls have gone on to greater things. Ursula Andress, Britt Ekland and Jane Seymour are the only ones I can think of who had any sort of post-Bond career to speak of, apart from the ones who were already known before Bond, like Teri Hatcher and Halle Berry. There may be others, but I can't think of any right now.
katied

Post by katied »

Jane Seymour has had a long career(Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman was on for years!) and she's great.I've always liked Jane.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
katied wrote:It can be a blessing and a curse.I mean,any time I seen an interview with Eva Green what do they mention first?The fact she was a Bond girl(and then that she was in The Dreamers !)
Yes, very few Bond girls have gone on to greater things. Ursula Andress, Britt Ekland and Jane Seymour are the only ones I can think of who had any sort of post-Bond career to speak of, apart from the ones who were already known before Bond, like Teri Hatcher and Halle Berry. There may be others, but I can't think of any right now.
Teri Hatcher I've never considered a real star. SHe Does Tv but even in 1997 she was petering out. Got a revival in Desperate House Wife. I guess if i liked or watched Desperate HW I might consider her something more than a falling starlet.
I guess compared to teh career of teh other Bond Girls she is a rare exception, only because the others aren't on the field.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

Totally random but when I was at Sears today they had a big display of Halle Berry's new...perfume! They had a big sign with a very beautiful picture of Halle 8). The perfume smelled really good, too, kind of vanilla-y.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:Teri Hatcher I've never considered a real star. SHe Does Tv but even in 1997 she was petering out. Got a revival in Desperate House Wife. I guess if i liked or watched Desperate HW I might consider her something more than a falling starlet.
But she wasn't an unknown before TND, that was my point. And whether or not you like Desperate Housewives doesn't change the fact that it is consistently in the Nielsen ratings top 10 here in the States, and that Hatcher has top billing in the cast list.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Kristatos wrote:
Dr. No wrote:Teri Hatcher I've never considered a real star. SHe Does Tv but even in 1997 she was petering out. Got a revival in Desperate House Wife. I guess if i liked or watched Desperate HW I might consider her something more than a falling starlet.
But she wasn't an unknown before TND, that was my point. And whether or not you like Desperate Housewives doesn't change the fact that it is consistently in the Nielsen ratings top 10 here in the States, and that Hatcher has top billing in the cast list.
I think what gets me about her is she wasn't well known before TND and is barely know now out side of a ABC soap opera.

To me Its like the Girl who played Kate In NCIS (Sasha Alexander), she was known from that role but quit because she thought she had a movie career starting, she is unheard of now. And the Girl who took her spot on the cast (Cote de Pablo) got a steady paycheck for the last 3 years.
If Kate (Sasha Alexander) had left NCIS to be a Bond GIrl (she could be a Good bond girl too) and then went on to do nothing and some how lands arole in a prime time show 10 years later I won't think she's made it either.

And other Bond girls like Honor Blackman made more a career for themselves

Hatcher, while courageous in her personal life, to me isn't a big star and was quite ridiculed in the late 90's, this image of her was not helped at all by those Radio Shack ads. Maybe that is why I have such a problem considering her. I grew up When she was a joke. Maybe she is successful, she has more of a career than those Bond Gilrs who droped off teh map . Still to me Hatcher is a Denise Richards not a Sophie Marceau :?
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

To me Its like the Girl who played Kate In NCIS (Sasha Alexander), she was known from that role but quit because she thought she had a movie career starting, she is unheard of now. And the Girl who took her spot on the cast (Cote de Pablo) got a steady paycheck for the last 3 years.
If Kate (Sasha Alexander) had left NCIS to be a Bond GIrl (she could be a Good bond girl too) and then went on to do nothing and some how lands arole in a prime time show 10 years later I won't think she's made it either.
It'll be interesting to me, when NCIS ends, to see how the female actresses on that show do.

I think I mentioned this before but Stana Katik, who played Corrine in QOS is in a moderately popular show called Castle.Granted, she was only in the movie 5 minutes but still..

And in my younger days I remember refusing to watch Octopussy because one of the actresses who had a minor role dated the bass player from Duran Duran.She's also in a small role(in the auction scene) but knowing that ruined the movie for me for years.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Dr. No wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
I think what gets me about her is she wasn't well known before TND and is barely know now out side of a ABC soap opera.

And other Bond girls like Honor Blackman made more a career for themselves

Hatcher, while courageous in her personal life, to me isn't a big star and was quite ridiculed in the late 90's, this image of her was not helped at all by those Radio Shack ads. Maybe that is why I have such a problem considering her. I grew up When she was a joke. Maybe she is successful, she has more of a career than those Bond Gilrs who droped off teh map . Still to me Hatcher is a Denise Richards not a Sophie Marceau :?
What did Teri Hatcher every do to you? She may not be Sophie Marceau but she is no Denise Richards either. After all it's not as if Denise Richards & Sophie Marceau are setting Hollywood on fire these days.

Teri Hatcher has a long and successful career. Out of all the Bond Girls she would have to be counted as one of the few who break the mold and make their own way. When Teri Hatcher is talk about nobody says she was Bond Girl first then go on to talk about her current project. She owns her own fame. Unlike Craig who I dare say if he had known half of the success Hatcher has known, he never would have accepted Babs indecent proposal :twisted:
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

All right already! I'll leave Teri Hatcher alone! ;) :D

I still don't think she has done all that much to distinguish herself from the other ladies who were Bond Girls.