Possible Bond 23 theme singer?

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Possible Bond 23 theme singer?

Post by Kristatos »

I was listening to Internet radio yesterday and heard what I thought was an Amy Winehouse song - it certainly sounded like her voice. On looking at the screen, I found that it was actually by someone called Adele, who is predictably being dubbed "the next Amy Winehouse" by critics. I hadn't heard of her before, but apparently she has had some hits in Britain and is starting to get noticed in the US too. Hmmm, an Amy Winehouse soundalike (and Mark Ronson collaborator) with, as far as I can tell, none of Winehouse's...ahem, problems. I know it's probably too early to be asking this, but could we be looking at the singer for the Bond 23 theme song here?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Re: Possible Bond 23 theme singer?

Post by katied »

I've heard of her...she's got a coupale of good songs.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Hometown Glory

[video][/video]

Make You Feel My Love

[video][/video]

Cold Shoulder
[video][/video]

It's not hard to imagine what any of these songs would sound like with a Bond-style full orchestral backing, and it'd be interesting to hear what she and David Arnold could produce if they collaborated on a song.
Mr. Big
Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Big »

I'd prefer Duffy.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Mr. Big wrote:I'd prefer Duffy.
She'd be a good choice too. Of course with Bond 23 not scheduled for another 3 or 4 years, it remains to be seen whether either of these singers will still be around or whether they will be flashes in the pan who get dropped by their labels after their second CD tanks, like so many others before them.
katied

Post by katied »

I heard a lot of "NO!" elsewhere every time Duffy was suggested to do the theme for Bond 22.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Kristatos wrote:I was listening to Internet radio yesterday and heard what I thought was an Amy Winehouse song - it certainly sounded like her voice. On looking at the screen, I found that it was actually by someone called Adele, who is predictably being dubbed "the next Amy Winehouse" by critics. I hadn't heard of her before, but apparently she has had some hits in Britain and is starting to get noticed in the US too. Hmmm, an Amy Winehouse soundalike (and Mark Ronson collaborator) with, as far as I can tell, none of Winehouse's...ahem, problems. I know it's probably too early to be asking this, but could we be looking at the singer for the Bond 23 theme song here?
can't be worse than what they did for 22.
I don't understand why more time and thought wasn't given to the theme song. It's a very important part of each movie.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Did "Another Way To Die" help the QOS marketing campaign more than a more traditional Bond theme?
Mr. Big
Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Big »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Did "Another Way To Die" help the QOS marketing campaign more than a more traditional Bond theme?
A mainstream artist is normally chosen. They just need to choose a more Bondlike theme.