Bond Franchise Looking for New Director

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Bond Franchise Looking for New Director

Post by The Sweeney »

http://www.thecelebritycafe.com/features/20976.html
Written by: E. Van Dril

Marc Foster won’t be back.

The new James Bond film, which is titled Quantum of Solace, is soon to be released and if it's anything like the previous film, it will leave audiences seeking more of Daniel Craig as Bond.

The only problem is that the latest installment's director - Marc Foster - will not be back to direct the film after QoS.

"They offered me the next one, but at this point the pressure is so intense — it's a year of not having a life," Foster said. "And I don't know if I want to do that again. It's literally not having a life, and I mean that, it's not exaggerated. I feel like life is short, you have to find a balance."

Expect more in the coming weeks about Foster, Craig and the new Bond film. And I've read a couple of early reviews about the film and it appears that you should also expect Quantum of Solace to be fantastic.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Bond Franchise Looking for New Director

Post by Kristatos »

What's John Glen doing these days?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Forget director, the franchise may be looking for a new direction after this.

It is unusual that after 1 movie all of the directors emphatically state they will not do another.
Other hard working directors with similar demanding movies come back again and again.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

After QOS they are going to run fast and run far from anyone who directs "art house" films. :?
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Mazer Rackham wrote:Forget director, the franchise may be looking for a new direction after this.

It is unusual that after 1 movie all of the directors emphatically state they will not do another.
Other hard working directors with similar demanding movies come back again and again.
I can imagine doing a Bond film these days is exhausting, especially with the amount of travelling done on QOS.

Also, I bet they don't get that much control over the picture. Babs and Mike probably still oversee things heavily.
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

The Sweeney wrote:
Mazer Rackham wrote:Forget director, the franchise may be looking for a new direction after this.

I can imagine doing a Bond film these days is exhausting, especially with the amount of travelling done on QOS.

Also, I bet they don't get that much control over the picture. Babs and Mike probably still oversee things heavily.
Dark Knight was extremely intensive, Bourne is too, stars and directors (and crew) are excited to get back at it.

The Broc's may be too involved for the director's comfort.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming
katied

Post by katied »

The Broccoli/Wilsons are *definitely* too hands on...in their case that's not a good thing :down:
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:The Broccoli/Wilsons are *definitely* too hands on...in their case that's not a good thing :down:
It's been that way for 46 years, why suddenly single out Broccoli and Wilson NOW?
katied

Post by katied »

46 years?So have the Wilson/Broccolis been running EON since they were kids?Do your math. :?

When Cubby was in charge,there were hardly ever bad Bond films..since they have been in charge..well need I say anymore? :?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:46 years?So have the Wilson/Broccolis been running EON since they were kids?Do your math. :?
Bad wording, I meant Broccoli family. Yes, if Cubby "wasn't hands on" as you suggested he would have given Terence Young the raise he deserved instead of throwing him out for a cheaper director.
When Cubby was in charge,there were hardly ever bad Bond films
I beg to differ.
katied

Post by katied »

I hate to overuse a phrase but the especially rigid pro-Craigs are in denial :?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:I hate to overuse a phrase but the especially rigid pro-Craigs are in denial :?
So accusing Cubby for being greedy for not giving Terence Young the raise he deserved for shaping up the hit that paved the way for the series to continue is me being in denial?
katied

Post by katied »

No. Sticking up for the Broccoli Wilsons when they are obviously driving the Bond franchise into the ground is being in denial.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:No. Sticking up for the Broccoli Wilsons when they are obviously driving the Bond franchise into the ground is being in denial.
Subjective. Just because that's how you see it doesn't make it so. Even how I see it doesn't make it so, all that matters is what the majority think and since QOS hasn't been released to the public there's nothing set in stone, yet.
katied

Post by katied »

Reviews don't lie.But you and and one or two others refuse to believe that QOS can/won't be anything other than a masterpiece. Now *that*'s deluded :?
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02

Post by stockslivevan »

katied wrote:You and and one or two others refuse to believe that QOS can/won't be anything other than a masterpiece. Now *that*'s deluded :?
So I'm deluded for thinking this film might be good while reserving full judgment until actually seeing it, but you're not deluded simply for already confidently proclaiming it as a bad film without even having to watch it to make a full legitimate judgment? :roll: Give me a break. I never said this was ever going to be a masterpiece. Please, go look for a thread where I said such a statement.

f**king troll.
Milton Krest
Lieutenant

Post by Milton Krest »

New Director!? how about new producers, a screen writer, a stunt co-ordinator who has not done any Bourne movies and last but not least a new 007! Not a lot to put right!! :D
katied

Post by katied »

Milton Krest wrote:New Director!? how about new producers, a screen writer, a stunt co-ordinator who has not done any Bourne movies and last but not least a new 007! Not a lot to put right!! :D
Yup.Especially on the stunt thing..I notice a LOT of the reviews have mentioned Dan Bradley...and not in a good way,either :twisted: