Anthony Hopkins Rumour

A place for discussion of all Bond 23/Skyfall related news and rumors
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Re: Anthony Hopkins Rumour

Post by John Drake »

Hopkins is a bit old now. He was supposed to be in Tomorrow Never Dies wasn't he? Brosnan said words to that effect.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

John Drake wrote:Hopkins is a bit old now. He was supposed to be in Tomorrow Never Dies wasn't he? Brosnan said words to that effect.
I don't know if he would have been a better Carver. He would have been more intimidating, maybe more believe able that he would be a powerful figure who seduced and married Bonds Ex.
............ :007:
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.
Favorite Movies: Jaws, Die hard series,Independance day,The matrix trilogy

Post by Thunderpussy »

Hopkins is a brilliant actor and can bring a great sence of malace to any character he plays, an undercurrent of violence can almost be felt.But like many good actors He'd probably like to see a finished script to see what he's getting in to and what quality the project will be. Latley no Bond seems to of had a finished script and seem to be shot as they go along.I know script changes sometimes happen but with the modern Bonds you get the feeling the're making it up as they go along,so given these reasons I don't think we'll ever see Hopkins in a Bond movie,except if he ever needs the Money :)
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

what was the last rumor round up?
It was 5 to nil i thought
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
katied

Post by katied »

LOL the recent rumours about Ahnuld are hardly surprising.

Craig,as far as I know, only has one kid, whilst Arnold...:P
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

katied wrote:LOL the recent rumours about Ahnuld are hardly surprising.

Craig,as far as I know, only has one kid, whilst Arnold...:P
Let me guess.Arnold is going to be M.Sad thing is Arnold made a better Bond movie that Craig has with 2 bites at the apple.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Really there is a Arnold rumor? What will they think of next. :lol:
............ :007:
katied

Post by katied »

No,I was referring to the fact that Ah-nuld is The Sperminator! :mrgreen:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I think the rumours were boiling down to the actor(s) approached were going to be busy if anyone bothered to check their schedules. The only true rumours I think were the location scouting althou the information on that was sketchy.

India supposedly shooting during monsoon season and South Africa. Not that those locations would not be a welcome backdrop to any adventure. However it does help reinforce the slashed budget hypothesis, probably not a bad thing since the Biggest movie budget in Bond History resulted in rubbish.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

I want johnny depp as bonds villain for a laugh if he plays jack sparrow running quantum (bond finishes off all of quantum , jack barrow his name in the bond films runs, looks at the dead members of quantum, campily runs and skips back to bond and says)

!Why is the quantum gone! :lol:
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

Mazer Rackham » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:46 pm
Hopkins and his agent had no clue about this rumor, in fact he thought Brozza was still Bond.
Bond77

Post by Bond77 »

Mazer Rackham wrote:Mazer Rackham » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:46 pm
Hopkins and his agent had no clue about this rumor, in fact he thought Brozza was still Bond.
That is classic.
Thunderpussy
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, Goldfinger, The spy who loved me,Tomorrow never dies.

Post by Thunderpussy »

Thunderpussy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:11 am
I think to many Brozza, still is Bond or at least the closest we've got at the moment. :lol:
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

Are you joking or talking seriously? because I wouldn't be that surprised if this was an actual report. Brozza IS still Bond to most, especially to US agents.
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Alessandra wrote:
Are you joking or talking seriously? because I wouldn't be that surprised if this was an actual report. Brozza IS still Bond to most, especially to US agents.
mi6 has the story too.Just as Mazer said except Hopkins said he would be interested if they paid him enough.On another note I saw the mi6 Bond 23 faq embarrassingly according to you and Mazer they have a few facts wrong where the financing is concerned.More Embarrassing to every Bond fan is they have a picture of Craig pouting looking like he sucked a lemon and it's some how our fault.How people are gullible enough to believe this man with an ugly scowl is supposed to be James Bond is beyond me.
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

Thunderpussy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:33 pm
I believe "The Pout " ( Craigs Bluesteele ) is the next evolution in Acting. How it adds Depth and emotion to any sceen it's used in. Just imagine Goldfinger BOND Strapped on the table the Lazer moving ever closer,How Silly of sir Sean to work out some kind of acting,when infact this was the Perfect time for "The Pout" how it would of lifted that scene and made it memorable,I expect hardly anyone remembers it now.
OHMSS, Bond his dead wife in his arms,If Only the untrained Mr Lazenby had of had the skill of Mr Craig to look to camera with "The Pout", nothing more would of been needed infact if they had kept Craigs pout on screen they could of played the closing credits over it.
I could give more examples but I think most will see what a boon to acting "The Pout" will be, a new Method has been invented "The Craig Method".
oscartheman
Agent

Post by oscartheman »

Thunderpussy wrote:Thunderpussy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:33 pm
I believe "The Pout " ( Craigs Bluesteele ) is the next evolution in Acting. How it adds Depth and emotion to any sceen it's used in. Just imagine Goldfinger BOND Strapped on the table the Lazer moving ever closer,How Silly of sir Sean to work out some kind of acting,when infact this was the Perfect time for "The Pout" how it would of lifted that scene and made it memorable,I expect hardly anyone remembers it now.
OHMSS, Bond his dead wife in his arms,If Only the untrained Mr Lazenby had of had the skill of Mr Craig to look to camera with "The Pout", nothing more would of been needed infact if they had kept Craigs pout on screen they could of played the closing credits over it.
I could give more examples but I think most will see what a boon to acting "The Pout" will be, a new Method has been invented "The Craig Method".

Postby oscartheman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:45 pm

It's all that little sob can do.The picture released of him that are supposed to be Bond he is almost always touching himself and doing is pout scowl.The most unattractive look ever and it is suppsoed to be James Bond?!If Sean Connery had taken a picture like that it would be a bad picture and they wouldn't use it, it's all they can do with Craig.It isn't cool it's creepy.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:54 pm
DC has a strange droopy mouth. It makes him look like he's only got one facial expression.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:54 pm
DC has a strange droopy mouth. It makes him look like he's only got one facial expression.
"Y'know whut? I'm grieving".
Thunderpussy
Agent

Post by Thunderpussy »

Thunderpussy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:48 pm
Just my opinion, But he has Droopy's mouth, Micky's ears and Fred's ( scooby doo ) Hair :lol: