Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye
O.H.M.S.S.
Favorite Movies: Alien & Aliens
Inception
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction

'James Bond 23' retains Peter Morgan plot idea

Post by CaptainLewis »

Peter Morgan has revealed that his original story concept is the only element that remains in the script for Daniel Craig's James Bond 23.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the London Film Festival launch, Morgan hinted that the screenplay for Sam Mendes's spy movie - worked on by John Logan, Patrick Marber, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade - took one key element from his Bond treatment.

"I hear that an idea, the central idea, is still there but not one similar thing other than that. I think they've still kept the big hook, which I'm not going to tell you!" he said.

Daniel Craig's third outing as James Bond, co-starring Ralph Fiennes, Javier Bardem and Judi Dench, will open in cinemas on October 26, 2012.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news ... -idea.html
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: 'James Bond 23' retains Peter Morgan plot idea

Post by Kristatos »

CaptainLewis wrote: I think they've still kept the big hook, which I'm not going to tell you!" he said.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

He has to be very careful when pe picks his nose!(sorry, I couldn't resist!) :lol:
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

This is the worst news there can be. The way Morgan talked about Bond it was obvious he didn't like him of the preivous 20 movies. They will go to far once more and do something so very stupid like Bond killing M or something just as destructive to Bond so the audience will not return even after Craig and this misguided attempt at a spy are long gone.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

How about Peter Morgan, Daniel Craig, Barbara Broccoli and all these other ponces who have taken over Bond go and make a gritty spy movie series of their own and let someone else make some real James Bond movies?
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:How about Peter Morgan, Daniel Craig, Barbara Broccoli and all these other ponces who have taken over Bond go and make a gritty spy movie series of their own and let someone else make some real James Bond movies?
Eveyone else in holyywood is doing it. FIrst Class was pretty good, and while not a Bond film it was fun like Bond film used to be. I don't think they have it in them to make Bond fun again not while Craig is looking glum on the poster. CR was depressing film and unBond like. Craig's spy got too a sick delight when the idiot plane saboteur blew up. All of that pseudo terrorist crap was insulting but going by the excuses made in 2006 we really should have a new bond now that Bin Laden is dead.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dr. No wrote:Craig's spy got too a sick delight when the idiot plane saboteur blew up.
I'm re-reading TMWTGG at the moment (almost finished it), and it's instructive to compare Bond's hesitation at finishing off Scaramanga with the pleasure that The Daniel Craig Spy Character (hereinafter abbreviated to TDCSC, I refuse to call him James Bond) takes in killing. Fleming's Bond my arse.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

TDCSC..that is awesome.

The way the saboteur dies is more than a little cartoonish. The lead up to it is like something out of a Road Runner cartoon! :shock: