LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Forster turns down 'Bond 23' offer

Post by Omega »

James wrote:CinemaBlend claims Tony Gilroy is the top target. He was responsible for;

Dolores Claiborne (1995) (writer)
The Devil's Advocate (1997) (writer)
Armageddon (1998) (writer)
Proof of Life (2000) (writer/executive producer)
The Bourne Identity (2002) (screenwriter)
The Bourne Supremacy (2004) (screenwriter)
The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) (screenwriter)
Michael Clayton (2007) (writer/director)
Duplicity (2009) (writer/director)
State of Play (2009) (writer)
Doesn't he have the next Bourne adventure to write?
............ :007:
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Omega wrote:Doesn't he have the next Bourne adventure to write?
That I don't know but I'd be suprised if they persuaded him to direct whatever pile of old shite Eon will presently be cooking up.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

James wrote:
Omega wrote:Doesn't he have the next Bourne adventure to write?
That I don't know but I'd be suprised if they persuaded him to direct whatever pile of old shite Eon will presently be cooking up.
Too right about it being s***! :lol:
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Post by mcbride007 »

From what I have read, he did not enjoy working on Bond.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

You mean Forster right? No, he didn't sound as if he enjoyed his time there.
ID
Lieutenant

Post by ID »

Omega wrote:You mean Forster right? No, he didn't sound as if he enjoyed his time there.
I think he enjoyed the chance to make a different type of film but was eventually frustrated by the lack of time available to edit the picture. James Bond films have strict release dates well in advance so you can't really push something back. I found it interesting that Michael G Wilson seemed to say in an interview that 'Another Way To Die' was presented to them very late in the day and there was no other option but to use it. I think he considered knocking up a tune on his banjo and doing it himself but common sense won the day.
katied

Post by katied »

Omega wrote:You mean Forster right? No, he didn't sound as if he enjoyed his time there.
At this point EON are desperate, and trying to woo Forster back doesn't surprise me.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

ID wrote:
I think he enjoyed the chance to make a different type of film but was eventually frustrated by the lack of time available to edit the picture. James Bond films have strict release dates well in advance so you can't really push something back. I found it interesting that Michael G Wilson seemed to say in an interview that 'Another Way To Die' was presented to them very late in the day and there was no other option but to use it. I think he considered knocking up a tune on his banjo and doing it himself but common sense won the day.
:shock: WGM admitted they will use complete s**t and sell it as gold when they are pressed for time. :lol:
ID
Lieutenant

Post by ID »

I like Michael G Wilson and he's played a big part in many of my favourite Bond films. He's a nice man who has done sterling work for the series but I do feel he is losing interest of late and there is a definite subtext to some of his recent interviews. He is knocking on a bit I suppose but I wish him luck for the future.
katied

Post by katied »

ID wrote:I like Michael G Wilson and he's played a big part in many of my favourite Bond films. He's a nice man who has done sterling work for the series but I do feel he is losing interest of late and there is a definite subtext to some of his recent interviews. He is knocking on a bit I suppose but I wish him luck for the future.
He could have much more of a stake in the films apart from putting his 2 cents in every so often but he doesn't.

Hiring Forster back(especially if it were to be more of the same :? ) is a bad idea.
ID
Lieutenant

Post by ID »

James wrote:CinemaBlend claims Tony Gilroy is the top target. He was responsible for;

Dolores Claiborne (1995) (writer)
The Devil's Advocate (1997) (writer)
Armageddon (1998) (writer)
Proof of Life (2000) (writer/executive producer)
The Bourne Identity (2002) (screenwriter)
The Bourne Supremacy (2004) (screenwriter)
The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) (screenwriter)
Michael Clayton (2007) (writer/director)
Duplicity (2009) (writer/director)
State of Play (2009) (writer)
That's a solid CV but he'd strike me as a rather dry choice if he was even interested. I'd like to see someone inject a little fun back into the franchise.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

ID wrote:I like Michael G Wilson and he's played a big part in many of my favourite Bond films. He's a nice man who has done sterling work for the series but I do feel he is losing interest of late and there is a definite subtext to some of his recent interviews. He is knocking on a bit I suppose but I wish him luck for the future.
Nice to see you back ID! I agree about Michael G Wilson; he had a a hand in some of the classic Bond films. He does like to take it a bit easier nowadays.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

The Bond franchise needs someone that is going to get things back on track and the only way that is going to happen is getting rid of the Broccowilsons(not likely to happen)and to get someone who's the opposite of Forster to direct.
ID
Lieutenant

Post by ID »

carl stromberg wrote:
Nice to see you back ID! I agree about Michael G Wilson; he had a a hand in some of the classic Bond films. He does like to take it a bit easier nowadays.
Thank you Carl. This thread is like being in a Will Hay film.
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

carl stromberg wrote:
There is a little Daniel Craig biography (can't remember who wrote it) with a black cover that I skimmed through in a bookshop the other day and it says that Wilson wanted Hugh Jackman to replace Brosnan and was 'cold' towards the idea of DC doing it at first.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John Drake wrote:There is a little Daniel Craig biography (can't remember who wrote it) with a black cover that I skimmed through in a bookshop the other day and it says that Wilson wanted Hugh Jackman to replace Brosnan and was 'cold' towards the idea of DC doing it at first.
Well, he may have better taste in Bonds, but the reboot was his idea, I believe, so I find it hard to take sides in a Babs v. Mike battle.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

Kristatos wrote:
John Drake wrote:There is a little Daniel Craig biography (can't remember who wrote it) with a black cover that I skimmed through in a bookshop the other day and it says that Wilson wanted Hugh Jackman to replace Brosnan and was 'cold' towards the idea of DC doing it at first.
Well, he may have better taste in Bonds, but the reboot was his idea, I believe, so I find it hard to take sides in a Babs v. Mike battle.
Michael G. Wilson had the right idea with Jackman but the final say isn't up to him. It'd be nice if he asserted himself and became-to use a zooology term-the alpha male in their relationship. :twisted:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:
Didn't Wilson pitch his reboot idea to Cubby, who then rejected it?
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Didn't Wilson pitch his reboot idea to Cubby, who then rejected it?
Smart man, Cubby :cheers:
Mazer Rackham
Q
Favorite Bond Movie: Thunderball
From Russia with love

Post by Mazer Rackham »

John Drake wrote:
There is a little Daniel Craig biography (can't remember who wrote it) with a black cover that I skimmed through in a bookshop the other day and it says that Wilson wanted Hugh Jackman to replace Brosnan and was 'cold' towards the idea of DC doing it at first.
I met MGW once. A Long time ago. Long before the Craig fiasco. He was very decent to all of us and put a very good face on the whole enterprise.
Behind his back, in other corridors, he and his half sister are considered idiots by others in the film industry. I've even heard jokes about Barbara being the Mailman's offspring nothing to with Cubby. I think this was started because of the huge disconnect from what people knew of Cubby and what they saw in Barbara.
MGW is considered by many a nepotism hire who botched much of the Bond ethoses with his hackneyed ideas and writing. But he is probably more right than wrong when talking about classic Bond and much closer to Cubby than his daughter is in his business sense. And he was dead set against Craig as Bond, overruled by his sister who made it very clear he was only the hired help and not family. Not from the right side of the family anyway.

If something were to happen to Barbara we probably would see a completely different face to Bond in short order.
"That f**king truck driver!" Ian Fleming