Platform(s) GameCube, PS2, Xbox
Release date November 13, 2001 (PS2)
March 12, 2002 (Xbox, GC)
Genre(s) First-person shooter
Mode(s) Single player, multiplayer
Rating(s) ESRB: T
ELSPA: 15+
OFLC: M

James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire is a first-person shooter video game based on the James Bond franchise. Developed and published by Electronic Arts, it was released for GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Xbox game consoles.

Agent Under Fire is the fourth Bond game which is not based on a film or book in the James Bond series. It follows Domark's James Bond: The Duel on the 8 and 16-bit Sega systems, Nintendo's Game Boy RPG James Bond 007 and EA's own 007 Racing.

Description

AUF is the first James Bond game to appear on the PlayStation 2, Gamecube, and XBox. The game pits you as the legendary James Bond, and you must accomplish missions throughout different areas of the world. Bond is sent on a mission rescue Zoe Nightshade, a CIA agent in the hands of Nigel Bloch. Nigel Bloch is the CEO of Identicon, a section of a highly successful industry company known as Malprave industries. Bond is also tasked to retrieve the set of DNA samples that are in Identicon's hands. So James Bond sets off on another adventure...

AUF combines three game modes into one package; first-person-shooter, which is what most of the missions are, a rail-shooter, which has you moving along while you control firing, and a driving game, where you can drive one of the many Bond cars. Numerous weapons have been added to the series, along with some fictional weapons like the Photon cannon and the 5-way grenade launcher. You can utilize a wide array of gadgets and weapons, like the Q-Claw and Q-Decoder, and Bond's trusty Walther handgun is available to him. There is a large variety of missions, and you can go through most missions with weapons, or you can take a stealthy approach. You also have the ability to get ranked in each level, based on your score in each level, and can unlock new features for both single and multiplayer.

Multiplayer

Starting with GoldenEye 007 and continuing on with The World Is Not Enough, multiplayer support in a James Bond game has become a staple. The multiplayer mode in Agent Under Fire features up to 4 players, with the option for AI bots in the Xbox and GameCube versions.

Weapons and Gadgets

Agent Under Fire features over fifteen different types of firearms as well as other weapons. Each firearm is based on a real firearm, but is given a pseudonym, the same manner as the weapons in GoldenEye, and The World is Not Enough. Most of the gadgets are concealed in a mobile phone.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: Agent Under Fire

Post by The Saint 007 »

Pretty good game, I played this one a lot on the GameCube. I actually like the whole cloning concept used for the story in this game. If done properly, it would be an interesting idea to do in a Bond film, since it was barely touched upon in Diamonds Are Forever.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: Agent Under Fire

Post by John P. Drake »

My second favourite Bond game next to Nightfire.