Developer(s) Eutechnyx
Publisher(s) Electronic Arts
Platform(s) PlayStation
Release date November 21, 2000
Genre(s) Racing
Mode(s) Single player, multiplayer
Rating(s) ESRB: T
OFLC: M

007 Racing is a racing game based on the James Bond licence. It was developed by Eutechnyx, published by Electronic Arts, and released on November 21, 2000 exclusively for the PlayStation console system. This game marks the seventh appearance of Pierce Brosnan's James Bond; the game included his likeness but not his voice.

In 007 Racing the player takes on the role of British secret agent Commander James Bond behind the wheel of some of his most famous vehicles from the then-current 19 official films. Cars include the Aston Martin DB5 made famous in its initial appearance in Goldfinger, the Lotus Esprit from The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only, and the BMW Z3 that briefly appeared in GoldenEye as well as 7 other automobiles. Each car is equipped with all the usual gadgetry and weapons issued by Q, the Quartermaster of a special branch of MI6 referred to as Q-Branch. 007 Racing is often compared to the 1983 video game Spy Hunter because of the weapons, gadgets, and the goal of destroying your enemies on the road.

Gadgets and weapons

Most of the gadgets and weapons in 007 Racing are inspired by the James Bond films, specifically Goldfinger, The Spy Who Loved Me, and The Living Daylights.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: 007 Racing

Post by The Saint 007 »

I only owned Nintendo 64, so as a kid I was disappointed that I wasn't able to play this game. But after finding out how bad this game was in some reviews I saw later on, I was glad I missed out.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: 007 Racing

Post by John P. Drake »

I can't list it as a bad game, because there are levels that I enjoyed whereas there were levels that were boring. But, overall, I list it as an average game.