Easter Eggs

Nintendo 64
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Easter Eggs

Post by Goldeneye »

Easter Eggs
Several references to James Bond films exist in GoldenEye 007, the most apparent being the titles of the various multiplayer modes and the Bond Girl names for the game's control schemes. The CCTV tape found in the second Bunker mission features the cover of the VHS release of the GoldenEye film.

Several members of the game's development staff were featured in the game as generic character faces. Bond's double-agent contact "Dr. Doak" in the "Facility" mission is named after and bears the likeness of David Doak. The "Klobb" weapon (originally "Spyder"), is named after former Nintendo employee Ken Lobb.

It is also possible to fire weapons during cutscenes using a second controller. Any characters hit will react appropriately. However, it is not clear whether this is an easter egg or a programming glitch.

There is also an easter egg with a "no-sign" with Bond on it similar to no smoking signs in the Facility.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Re: Easter Eggs

Post by The Saint 007 »

I think one of the things that made GoldenEye such a great game, was the fact that there's so much to discover. Even after years of playing this game, I'm still finding all sorts of new secrets.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

[video][/video]

Not really an Easter Egg, but a cool little trick. When holding duel weapons, if you fire one weapon while quickly switching the next, you'll get to hold two different weapons. It can be a bit tricky to do this, however.
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

[video][/video]

While unarmed, quickly pick up the sniper rifle and press the A button three times to equip what sort of looks like a giant paintbrush. But it's really just Bond's arm upside down.