Quantum of Solace

James Bond Jr., James Bond: The Duel, GoldenEye 007, James Bond 007, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough, 007 Racing, Agent Under Fire, The World is Not Enough, Nightfire, Everything or Nothing, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, From Russia with Love
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Quantum of Solace

Post by The Sweeney »

Anyone bought the game yet, or does the mere thought of being Craig put you off completely... :P

I got it for Christmas on PS3, and I'm really impressed with the game so far. Anyone else played it yet?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Quantum of Solace

Post by Kristatos »

Don't have a PS3 or any other console. My gaming is limited to free Flash games on various websites.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
LilleOSC
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger

Post by LilleOSC »

How is the gameplay compared to Everything or Nothing and Nightfire? Have you played those Bond games?
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

No, this is the first Bond game I've bought. I tried to get FRWL but apparently it won't work on my PS3.... :x
Great graphics and superb gameplay. I've been playing it all afternoon (and driving the misses crazy!!)

Games certainly have come a long way since my days of hammering away at the old ZX Spectrum. I'll never be able to look at Jet Set Willy in the same light again......

Last edited by The Sweeney on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
katied

Post by katied »

I got QOS for DS(got a DS from Santa for Christmas :up:)but haven't gotten to play much of it yet.
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Post by stockslivevan »

Played it once, it's pretty fun. Not as good as GE (then again what is?), but it's one of the better games.

Of course it's not given its own forum here. :P
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

I own the Wii and DS versions of this game, and I find them both pretty disappointing. Although I miraculously managed to have enough patience to play through the dull and somewhat glitchy Call Of Duty Wii version of QOS, I couldn't bring myself to finishing the DS version. Got so far into the game, but then I started playing Zelda or something, and I never bothered to go back and finish it. Craig Of Duty: Modern GoldenEyeFare (GoldenEye Wii) is an improvement from QOS, but that really isn't saying much, which is why I saved my money and avoided Craig Of Duty Legends like the plague.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

The Saint 007 wrote:Craig Of Duty: Modern GoldenEyeFare (GoldenEye Wii) is an improvement from QOS, but that really isn't saying much, which is why I saved my money and avoided Craig Of Duty Legends like the plague.
GoldenEye Wii is a total travesty and NEEDS to be microwaved along with Furbies.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:Craig Of Duty: Modern GoldenEyeFare (GoldenEye Wii) is an improvement from QOS, but that really isn't saying much, which is why I saved my money and avoided Craig Of Duty Legends like the plague.
GoldenEye Wii is a total travesty and NEEDS to be microwaved along with Furbies.
When you compare GoldenEye Wii (or GoldenEye Reloaded) just to Activision's Bond games, it's probably their best effort. But when you compare it to some of the other great Bond games, especially the N64 GoldenEye, it's abysmal, and like you say, should be microwaved. The Bond games that were made during the Brosnan era were much better for the most part. But I've had enough of Activision's nonsense, and I'm probably not going to be buying another Bond game for a long time.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Saint 007.....you should microwave both Wii and DS version of QOS.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Activision has had enough too I'd bet goldeneye reloaded is there best performing game and it sold fewer copies than the last game to use the name goldeneye which everyone hated, rouge agent.

007 legends isn't worth mentioning it did so bad, guess bond mania pass that title by :roll:
............ :007:
The Saint 007

Post by The Saint 007 »

FormerBondFan wrote:Saint 007.....you should microwave both Wii and DS version of QOS.
Trouble is that both the Wii and DS versions of QOS were given to me as Christmas gifts, so I would feel rather bad if I microwaved them. Now if I would have bought the games myself on the other hand....:twisted: